Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal Quay Dublin branch direct phone number

Options
  • 01-11-2018 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I recently moved country and AN Post sent me back the envelope containing the change of address forms due to their incompetence (they tried to deliver at 7:30am twice before the opening hours of the branch). So I sent again the previously returned envelope with all the printed and certified documents required to change address to a friend of mine in Dublin. He received the envelope and went to the branch to deliver the envelope, but three of the employees at the branch REFUSED to take delivery giving as an excuse that the change of address had to be done online (this was really a bad joke form the branch employees after all the work I had to do to prepare and send these documents and having received instructions from online help that this change could only be done by post!).
    Please send me a personal message on boards.ie with a name and a contact (email or phone) of at least an employee at MY branch (Grand Canal Quay, Dublin) that will be available to receive this important documentation, so that my friend can go back to the branch and deliver the documents without any further delay. I sent a similar secure message to the online helpdesk, but I have no trust anymore after a back and forth conversation with the online helpdesk that started in July this year with no results so far.
    Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

JMot wrote: »
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    I recently moved country and AN Post sent me back the envelope containing the change of address forms due to their incompetence (they tried to deliver at 7:30am twice before the opening hours of the branch). So I sent again the previously returned envelope with all the printed and certified documents required to change address to a friend of mine in Dublin. He received the envelope and went to the branch to deliver the envelope, but three of the employees at the branch REFUSED to take delivery giving as an excuse that the change of address had to be done online (this was really a bad joke form the branch employees after all the work I had to do to prepare and send these documents and having received instructions from online help that this change could only be done by post!).
    Please send me a personal message on boards.ie with a name and a contact (email or phone) of at least an employee at MY branch (Grand Canal Quay, Dublin) that will be available to receive this important documentation, so that my friend can go back to the branch and deliver the documents without any further delay. I sent a similar secure message to the online helpdesk, but I have no trust anymore after a back and forth conversation with the online helpdesk that started in July this year with no results so far.
    Regards

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We no longer use the Change of Address form to up date the address on customers accounts. To Change the address on your account you can do this on 365 online if your mobile number is registered to received security codes via Text message. Please log into your account through a Pc/Laptop, Select Service desk and Update My Postal Address. Once the address has been update on the account you will receive a confirmation text to your mobile phone.

Alternatively you can call our Customer Service Team on 00353 1 4044000 and one of our advisors can update the Address over the phone. Our branches no longer have the facility to carry out this request.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JMot

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Regards

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We no longer use the Change of Address form to up date the address on customers accounts. To Change the address on your account you can do this on 365 online if your mobile number is registered to received security codes via Text message. Please log into your account through a Pc/Laptop, Select Service desk and Update My Postal Address. Once the address has been update on the account you will receive a confirmation text to your mobile phone.

Alternatively you can call our Customer Service Team on 00353 1 4044000 and one of our advisors can update the Address over the phone. Our branches no longer have the facility to carry out this request.

Thanks Jen
    Jen, you are providing wrong advice here. I called the customer service team and I have written secure messages from them saying explicitly that when address is changed to a COUNTRY that is NOT Ireland, certified documents proving address have to be sent by post to the branch and online procedure cannot be used (I tried to use it and it was refused). Please read in detail my initial post, please provide by PM the direct contact details of the branch.
    In any case following suggestion from the Customer Service Team, the [snipped] branch employees refusing to take delivery of these documents will be avoided by following this with the Customer Service Manager of the branch in question: https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Regards

Hi There,

Thanks Jen
    Jen, you are providing wrong advice here. I called the customer service team and I have written secure messages from them saying explicitly that when address is changed to a COUNTRY that is NOT Ireland, certified documents proving address have to be sent by post to the branch and online procedure cannot be used (I tried to use it and it was refused). Please read in detail my initial post, please provide by PM the direct contact details of the branch.
    In any case following suggestion from the Customer Service Team, the [snipped] branch employees refusing to take delivery of these documents will be avoided by following this with the Customer Service Manager of the branch in question: https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

Thanks for coming back to us JMot.
    I've sent you a private message in relation to this.
    Thanks again for getting in touch.
    ^Darren.

Advertisement