If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which 65" OLED??

Options
  • 02-11-2018 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi There

I'm very interested in purchasing the above from you soon. My head was first turned by the LG OLED65C8PLA but when I saw the OLED65E8PLA in the flesh I was impressed by the sleeker look, even though I believe it has the same picture quality - right?

Another reason I'm now leaning towards the E8 is the built in sound bar. I'm moving house shortly and this TV will be for a living room in a semi detached house with some grumpy neighbours on the other side of a fairly thin wall. I'm guessing my existing 5.1 surround sound speaker set up will generate unwanted complaints.

Would I be right in saying the built in sound bar in the E8 would be less intrusive to next door while still giving me a fairly decent sound? I see the sound bar is 'Dolby Atmos compatible'. Is that only when hooked up to a more elaborate sound system or does it do Dolby Atmos on it's own?

But there is also a 3rd option: I have been well served by my Philips Ambilight TV since 2009 which was bought off your sister company in Dublin. What about the Philips OLED803 and OLED903? Again is the only difference the sound output? And if so is the 903 better suited to my audio needs?

Would be hoping for a special price on all of the above for a longstanding and loyal customer ;-)

Austin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Austin1 wrote: »
    Hi There

I'm very interested in purchasing the above from you soon. My head was first turned by the LG OLED65C8PLA but when I saw the OLED65E8PLA in the flesh I was impressed by the sleeker look, even though I believe it has the same picture quality - right?

Another reason I'm now leaning towards the E8 is the built in sound bar. I'm moving house shortly and this TV will be for a living room in a semi detached house with some grumpy neighbours on the other side of a fairly thin wall. I'm guessing my existing 5.1 surround sound speaker set up will generate unwanted complaints.

Would I be right in saying the built in sound bar in the E8 would be less intrusive to next door while still giving me a fairly decent sound? I see the sound bar is 'Dolby Atmos compatible'. Is that only when hooked up to a more elaborate sound system or does it do Dolby Atmos on it's own?

But there is also a 3rd option: I have been well served by my Philips Ambilight TV since 2009 which was bought off your sister company in Dublin. What about the Philips OLED803 and OLED903? Again is the only difference the sound output? And if so is the 903 better suited to my audio needs?

Would be hoping for a special price on all of the above for a longstanding and loyal customer ;-)

Austin
    Hi Austin.

Thanks for your post.

The LG OLED's are outstanding televisions. I purchased one myself a while ago.

You are correct that the main difference between the C8 and E8 is the design and the added soundbar.
    The soundbar really does finish the screen off perfectly and provides very good sound quality. The bar can process Dolby Atmos and output it due to its speaker configuration.
    The C8 version was What HiFi's best TV over £2500 in their latest Awards.

Now for some pricing.

65C8PLA retails at £2699.00 - I could squeeze this down to £2589.00 delivered.

65E8PLA retailing at £2999.00 - On this I could go to £2850.00 delivered.

The Philips OLED are also very good. I have not seen the current one in action but if its as good as the last one you will not go wrong.
    65OLED803 retailing at £2999.00 - I could offer this for £2810.00

65OED903 with ungraded audio retailing at £3499.00 - I could offer this for £3340.00

You would not be disappointed with any of these televisions.

All of the above also come with our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.