Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tenant slow about handing over deposit.

Options
  • 02-11-2018 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭

Have moved out of a shared house two weeks ago. The deposit is a rolling one arranged between outgoing/incoming tenants with no LL involvement. Have waited two weeks for it to be transferred to my account, so giving new tenant one more week to straighten things out.

If theres no joy by the end of next week, what would I need to do, given the LL has abdicated his responsibility over deposits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Your first mistake was to let anyone move in without payment of a deposit first.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

given the LL has abdicated his responsibility over deposits?

Honestly. I mean, really??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

New tenant is in, no deposit to lose, no fcks to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Are you even able to chase that if they don't pay? Officially like e.g. PRTB?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

theteal wrote: »
    Are you even able to chase that if they don't pay? Officially like e.g. PRTB?

Nope. Small Claims Court is the only option.

• Advertisement

Go back to the house and confront him immediately is what I’d do.

It’s how deposits were always handeled in houseshare I lived in and never had an issues with it thankfully.

Advertisement