Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likelihood of Black Friday deals?

Options
  • 02-11-2018 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Having never bought a console later in its life span, I am trying to save money on my inevitable PS4 purchase. Just wondering if there are ever deals on Black Friday and if so, where is the best place to look for them? Knowing my luck I would be checking Smyths when Argos would have a deal to save €100

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Yeah i'm planning on picking up a PS4 on Black Friday too but not sure where/how to keep an eye out for the best deals. Any advise is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Same as, but for the VR bundle. I suppose we'll see more closer to the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

There'll inevitably be deals on consoles around Black Friday. Make sure to keep an eye on the likes of Amazon as well the usual stores like Argos, Smyths and GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Yeah amazon always do really good deals when you know what you want.

Have saved a lot of money waiting till black Friday for stuff like t.v.'s coffee machines etc.

Got amazon prime for last year's black Friday and kept the sub up as find it good value for prime video etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Pricespy might be a good option as well. Will compare all.

• Advertisement

GameStop are giving card members 4 days early access to their deals. Log into your account if you have a card, click on your profile picture and then 'My Communications' on the left and tick the box to receive emails so you get the invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Also looking for a console bundle deal on Black Friday, hopefully one presents itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Stated this in another thread but black friday last year I managed to bag a Pro for
    300 pounds which also included cod ww2 and Fifa 18.

Sold out within 30 mins I think got it at around 9am or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Stated this in another thread but black friday last year I managed to bag a Pro for

From Amazon.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

From Amazon.co.uk?
    Yeah from amazon.co.uk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Is that a regular PS4 vs a pro in that listing?
    Regular but 50 quid cheaper smyths,argos and gamestop!

Eoinbmw wrote: »

I ordered that last week, waiting for delivery hopefully tomorrow and look to pick up games & a controller on black Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Littlewoods also are doing Fifa bundle PS4 Pro deal for €399. Use the code HOME for 20% off works out at €319, great deal

taken from the Bargain alerts thread

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Does a physical copy of the game come with the red dead bundle? I buckled and bought it for my xbox one last week. If a physical copy comes with the PS4 I would nearly buy it and just trade it in.

Does a physical copy of the game come with the red dead bundle? I buckled and bought it for my xbox one last week. If a physical copy comes with the PS4 I would nearly buy it and just trade it in.

The description is that it includes RDR2 on blu ray disc, mine is due to be delivered today I'll let you know when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

If you ordered that littlewoods one to parcel motel would iit have to be collected from the depot you reckon?

So picked up the PSVR (v2) today for €199.99 at GameStop (same price in Argos and Smyths) and got a copy of Astro Bot for €20! Still at work so i've 12 VR games/demos/experiences downloading for when I get home! Don't think it will get cheaper between now and next year, so bargain! Plus my workmate got the same deal and I got to use my card, so bonus carrots! Yurt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

There were good deals on Amazon but with move 2 controllers it's around 260 which is a lot for me as I've bought a lot of games this year, especially the last few weeks & not finished most of them, yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was extremely close to buying an xbox one x when the price drops for black Friday, but when I started weighing up all the ancillary costs like XBL subscription, another controller, gamepass subscription, I think I've managed to talk myself out of it. But I do want to buy something, so f*ck it, going to jump on the PSVR bandwagon. Will try pick one up over the weekend. Could still get the VR and move controllers for half the price of the XB1X and use even some of the leftover money for games.

Just to confirm it is a physical copy of RDR2 that comes with the PS4 deal in Littlewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭ALS

RoryMac wrote: »
    Just to confirm it is a physical copy of RDR2 that comes with the PS4 deal in Littlewoods

CEX offering €58 cash for RDR2 ,? So new PS4 for €231

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

ERG89 wrote: »
    There were good deals on Amazon but with move 2 controllers it's around 260 which is a lot for me as I've bought a lot of games this year, especially the last few weeks & not finished most of them, yet anyway.

Can’t find that deal on Amazon. Must be gone already.

Advertisement