Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad Guidance

Options
  • 02-11-2018 11:01am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Just looking for some help as a bit baffled. I want to buy my husband a new iPad (one he has is 8 years old, iOS9 no further updates, cracked screen and on its last legs).

He mainly uses it for streaming and watching youtube videos. I need wifi only and not a huge amount of storage, I'm looking at the iPad 9.7 (approx €350). I'm seeing lots of iPad air refurbished on Amazon cheaper, but don't want them to run out of updates too soon. Is there a list somewhere I can find out how old an iPad is by model? Or for the sake of 100-150€ just buy him the new 9.7?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Keep an eye out here: Apple refurb store.
    At least they are genuine refurbs by Apple, you never know who is doing the refurb when its not being sold by Apple, IMO.
    Go with the new iPad versus a s/h Air, if it were me I'd go new.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

ok will do thanks for that.

Advertisement