Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google and Gmail so slow to load

Options
  • 02-11-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

As always, I preface my post with a warning that although I work on a PC all day every day, I am completely non-techy.

2 PCs in the house - both used for business. I use Mozilla (c4 yr old PC), other PC uses Google Chrome (c 5yrs old but much less used). For some reason, GMail seems so so slow to operate this past week or so - Vodafone recommended getting a new ADSL cable (from wall to modem) which I did. Other sites seem fine. Phone, laptop etc seem fine. Is it just coincidence that both PCs are on a go-slow re Google and Gmail.

This si the message that appears
    We're having trouble connecting to Google. We'll keep trying...

When I use Task manager, it says there are 100 background processes going on - is that normal, and if not, how can I correct them - do i just 'end task' them one by end?

Thanks for any advice and I reiterate - I can use a PC, I just do't understand the technology behind it ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,446 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I would consider myself very 'techy' and I have been having severe performance problems with Gmail and the Mozilla Forefox browser in the past few weeks. If I switch to the Google Chrome browser, the problem goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Great to hear that - thanks very much (again - you helped me in another forum on another occasion!)

Advertisement