Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Upgraded Website Please?

Options
  • 02-11-2018 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

We have recently completed an upgrade of our websites and would very much appreciate any feedback anybody has.

It's a very niche product offering and I'm always conscious that I may be too familiar with the products and not see the stumbling blocks that a brand new visitor may be encountering, if that makes sense?

Is it immediately obvious what is on offer and the benefits?

We have a .ie site to cater for customers in Ireland and Europe and also a .co.uk site dedicated to the UK.

www.drypro.ie
    www.castcovers.co.uk

Thanks for your time, all opinions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Went to both sites via mobile and I think it looks well. Very straight forward and I understand what the products are for.

1 thing I did notice though, in your "bullet points" section, both say free delivery to Ireland and Europe. Should the UK site not say UK and Europe, rather than Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

JMR wrote: »
    Is it immediately obvious what is on offer and the benefits?

No, it really is not...... I have to scroll to see this "The Only Waterproof Cast Cover Which is 100% Safe for Swimming".

That should be slap bang one of the first things I see.... are either of the kids in the main first picture even wearing one/have a cast?

As it currently stands, this line of text is one of the smallest fonts on what you see landing on the page: "The safest and highest quality cast protector".

Best of luck with it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

1. You have no SSL certificate on the UK website

2. Header on mobile takes up too much space and is a bit cluttered - takes up half the screen.

3. Its not clear above the fold what the product is - the image would be better if one of the kids at least had the cast cover on and also the wording sizing decreases the more important the point is. First line doesnt explain it, second line says body protection which could be something like a spring suit for surfing, the line that actually explains it the best 'cast' protector' is the smallest.

4. Your video is buried too far down the website on the how it works page. People dont hang around on websites, explain the product as early as you can and then they will stay if interested and go through the website. The video is wasted where it is, look to move it to the homepage or make improvements in point 3 that explain it better meaning you could leave the video here.

5. No cookies consent or mention of it (google analytics) in your privacy policy.

6. No facebook pixel - no social media icons on your page so you may not use social media but if you do or intend to at any point market using facebook ads you should have a pixel installed on the website from day one.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Thanks guys for the time taken to review and provide comments.
    Some very useful insights there.
    I have taken action on some of the quick fixes and will plan out the remainder.

If anybody has any further opinions, I'd love to hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimdoyle353

Yes agreed, the term cast has different meanings leaving vistors having to work out and search for its meaning, and then work out what you are about/ offering. A cartoon cacacture image of a boy/girl in swimming trunks/swimsuit and a plaster cast at the top of the page would greatly help visitotrs understand this in the first instance .

• Advertisement
Advertisement