Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Returns

Options
  • 02-11-2018 3:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive a faulty Hue outdoor lightstrip, has anyone returned any of their IoT stuff to them, what was your experince and who did you ship it back with? They are allowing me €11 to ship it to Germany which seem s a bit low...

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Rew wrote: »
    Ive a faulty Hue outdoor lightstrip, has anyone returned any of their IoT stuff to them, what was your experince and who did you ship it back with? They are allowing me €11 to ship it to Germany which seem s a bit low...

I think it changes over time. You can try getting onto chat to them and asking them to supply you with a prepaid shipping label.

Most of my Amazon returns, they gave me a prepaid shipping label to a logistics place in Ireland, that just had to be dropped off at any An Post post office.

Of course this is assuming you bought from Amazon.co.uk, rather then Amazon.de

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I bought form DE as UK were saying no stock

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Ah, that probably explains it so. I've never returned to DE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

They usually use An Post to deliver here, so as long as it was not a third party seller, I can't see why they wouldn't issue a prepaid label for a return.

You can actually do it yourself from your account. Maybe open the .co.uk version to "return" something, and follow the same buttons on the German site?

Yeah ive done the DIY in my account and they say send it back and we will pay you €11...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If you got it shipped directly to you they should provide a return label for Ireland. If you used parcel motel or the others then they only have to provide return from where they delivered, its up to you to get it back to them.

Del2005 wrote: »
    If you got it shipped directly to you they should provide a return label for Ireland. If you used parcel motel or the others then they only have to provide return from where they delivered, its up to you to get it back to them.

It was amazon.de direct to me, they have given me a shipping docket but it's just addresses and RMA numbers etc. Ill have to go into An Post Monday see what the damage is going to be to get it back (tracked and insured).

The outdoor lightstrip has never come into stock in the uk yet so that may be part of why it has to go back to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It was amazon.de direct to me, they have given me a shipping docket but it's just addresses and RMA numbers etc. Ill have to go into An Post Monday see what the damage is going to be to get it back (tracked and insured).

Then they will have to cover anything extra as it's faulty. Get a receipt and send a scan if it costs anymore and they will refund the rest, Amazon are usually on the ball with returns and refunds.

Round this out. I sent it back as a packet (padded envelope) given its pretty robust, it cost €22 to send back. I made sure it was tracked and it was delivered in about 5 working days. After it was delivered Amazon were still reminding me to send it back so i jumped on chat. The guy I talked to said not to worry it takes time to be processed after they receive it. He refunded the €22 there and then as well. That was about 2 or more weeks ago now and today I got the email saying they had processed the return so all is done and dusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

Amazon chat customer care is unbelievable to be fair.

Advertisement