Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Astra H, new engine issues

• 02-11-2018 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey all, recently just got a scrap engine put into my 2006 opel astra H, got a new timing chain kit put on, water pump, gasket etc.

Car is now making a weird noise almost like a diesel and can feel it shaking while in traffic.

I have to drop it back down to the mechanic soon for him to give it a look over for oil leaks etc.
    Should I be worried in the mean time ?
    Video attached
    https://vimeo.com/298605177

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Farfromhome02

Its hard to know what your getting 2nd hand from scrapyards
    Could be any number of things gone wrong
    I wouldn't go throwing loads more money into it,plenty of cheap cars with NCT going on donedeal and adverts
    Could become a money pit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

How recently, a week or 2 months ? Obviously it was quieter than this but for how long?

Does oil level look OK?.....tappets are noisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Dylan97

How recently, a week or 2 months ? Obviously it was quieter than this but for how long?

Does oil level look OK?.....tappets are noisy

Two days ago, rang them today and he said he thinks it's just the inlet manifold theirs a plate there that needs tightening.

It's quite until after a long drive, car seems to be vibrating when idle in traffic so I had a look at it today after being on the m50 and that was the noise it was making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭RobTheLad

Dylan97 wrote: »
    Two days ago, rang them today and he said he thinks it's just the inlet manifold theirs a plate there that needs tightening.

It's quite until after a long drive, car seems to be vibrating when idle in traffic so I had a look at it today after being on the m50 and that was the noise it was making.

Had similar issue in an Astra H which turned out to be the EGR valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tos_97

Hi,

I've the same noise with mine, did you find out what the problem was?

I fitted a new timing chain kit with sprockets when I bought the car 4 months ago, the noise was always there just is getting worse now. The car feels down on power and is bad on petrol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement