Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turkey - Visa required, right?

• 02-11-2018 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

Irish Citizen / Born / Passport

I still need a visa for Turkey, right? Going for a week, as a tourist.

I was almost certain a visa wasn't needed, but le Google says otherwise.

e-Visa online USD20 so no biggie.

Just want to be sure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

When I went there (about 15 years ago admittedly) you got it on arrival at the airport.

Cost about a gazillion of their funny money lira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    When I went there (about 15 years ago admittedly) you got it on arrival at the airport.

Cost about a gazillion of their funny money lira.

There's an e-Visa so i'm not concerned about that.... was just surprised that an IRL passport required a visa for Turkey. Google says I do, so i'll get an e-visa... was just looking for confirmation.

Some people say it can still be obtained on arrival, but if you need one, why not get one in advance? I'll never forget the Q's for Vietnam with visa-on-arrival.... I walked right by with my e-Visa and was through in about 1 min :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

As far as i know visa kiosk were removed in April so can't get it at the airport upon arrival.

Greg81 wrote: »
    https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

As far as i know visa kiosk were removed in April so can't get it at the airport upon arrival.

Yeah cheers, I already went to there and inserted Ireland and it allowed me to proceed which pretty much confirmed things... just wanted to double check incase it was allowing to purchase without the need (wouldn't be like those Turks :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

As a frequent traveller to Turkey I can confirm that an E-Visa is required for IRL passports.

• Advertisement

As a frequent traveller to Turkey I can confirm that an E-Visa is required for IRL passports.

Many thanks, appreciated. I'm not flying until Jan so once I book flights i'll get onto the e-Visa right away.

I presume i'll have a paper print out to hand immigration when I arrive?
    Am I to expect really long Q's? Landing Istanbul with Turkish (not even sure which airport they fly to yet) approx. 5pm

You will get a pdf which you need to print out. In the last few years I have never been asked for the printout. Now you do get the odd airline official looking for it.

It will be busy but they always open extra desks and allow foreigners to use the Turkish Citizens desks. Never taken me more than 10-15 mins even at the busiest times. They are very quick and professional at processing passengers.

The new airport might be open by January.

You can bring the print out if you like, but it should be on their system already, when they scan your passport they will see your visa automatically.

Immigration will see it, airline officials no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Can anyone confirm if it is still possible to buy a Visa when you land? I know that you can get it online - just asking if anyone had experience of getting them in the airport since they were available online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

No, it is no longer possible.

No, it is no longer possible.

Even if it were, I can't see why you wouldn't get your visa in advance.... less hassle. The last thing you want after a flight, is potential hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

You need an eVisa.

I am surprised that people still want to visit Herr Erdogan's country. But each to their own.

There is a big world out there that does not involve supporting megolomaniacs like him and his treatment of public sector, natives and journalists etc. But I suppose Turkey is a nice place to visit (was there eight years ago) and it was great, but there was an undercurrent even then. You never see a female working face on with the public either for example outside Istanbul.

Anyway, probably taking this off topic, my apologies.

Advertisement