Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Hi everyone, how are you all doing ? I have not posted in ages. I am 24+2 today. Showing big time now and it is a fine bump. I feel pretty big and fat really but people say I am tidy looking, I had my big scan and all was good, having a little boy!

Not sure if this has been mentioned up the thread but if you are struggling to find names there is an app, you can link with your partner too, called Kinder and it lets you choose names by swiping right and left and if you get matches with your partner it alerts you. It helped us!

Clothes wise, loving a tracksuit ends that I got on h&m. It is super soft and cosy. Also my friend lent me some of her Seraphine maternity dresses, they are really expensive but omg the quality and how they look on is just so nice.

Other than that, I am eating like a horse after a race!!

Had a growth scan last week and baby was measuring perfect, looks like its just under 2lb so far. Amazing to think we are only 3 months away from July! Must get oh to download that app we are really struggling on names this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I am having a girl!! I have a 16 month old boy so we are delighted! We had the anomaly a few weeks back. She is measuring a week ahead but I am diet controlled with GD so that may be the cause. I have pretty consistent heartburn and feel like I have really 'popped' over the past week. Baby is a constant mover.. I am plus size, yet I can see her moving on the outside. I am only 24 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I am having a girl!! I have a 16 month old boy so we are delighted! We had the anomaly a few weeks back. She is measuring a week ahead but I am diet controlled with GD so that may be the cause. I have pretty consistent heartburn and feel like I have really 'popped' over the past week. Baby is a constant mover.. I am plus size, yet I can see her moving on the outside. I am only 24 weeks!

Great news! I had my anomaly but didn’t find out, I like the surprise.
    my GTT this week, and it was normal, thank god. I would not be emotionally able to cut out chocolate!
    I have also popped. People who I don’t know very well look shocked when I tell them I’m not due until July!!

jlm29 wrote: »
    People who I don’t know very well look shocked when I tell them I’m not due until July!!

I hate that! Someone said to me the other day "not long left, what are you, 7 months?". Eh, nope, just had a decent belly to begin with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

I hate that! Someone said to me the other day "not long left, what are you, 7 months?". Eh, nope, just had a decent belly to begin with!

It is rude full stop to get any comments. unless being told you are tidy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

So this week I am feeling a different kind of movement. It has been all kicks etc before but now I can almost feel a longer continuous movement where and see it too. It is amazing. Women are amazing !!

My little one is very aggressive in her kicks! It eill be interesting as time goes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 icelime

Does anyone else have horrendous skin at the minute?! Mine is beyond dry like never before and lots of blemishes, and nothibg ive tried makes any difference...when do we start glowing?!

My skin is usually really clear but I keep getting big, sore pimples on my jawline. They take ages to heal (after picking!).

My skin is SO dry at the minute. I feel generally a wreck. I feel the next three months are going to be looong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 icelime

I am 100% the same! I forget what its like to feel normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

icelime wrote: »
    Does anyone else have horrendous skin at the minute?! Mine is beyond dry like never before and lots of blemishes, and nothibg ive tried makes any difference...when do we start glowing?!

My lady has issues with small spots breaking out on her face and some problems with a rash on her hands.

Do any of you know does it usually take long to hear back about maternity pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

I posted mine on the 2nd, got a text on the 4th to say they received it and nothing since.
    Apparently they approve them by order of when people are going on Maternity Leave rather then when they receive them.

Clashmore

I can’t remember from last time, but it’s usually timely enough. I know on one of mine i was quite late sending it (like after 32 weeks kinda late), and I was still paid on time.
    How many weeks are you? I must send mine next week

I can’t remember from last time, but it’s usually timely enough. I know on one of mine i was quite late sending it (like after 32 weeks kinda late), and I was still paid on time.
    How many weeks are you? I must send mine next week

I’m 29 weeks :)

I’m 29 weeks :)

I’m nearly 28, I filled it in too early, left it in a drawer and forgot about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Yep lovely huge spots on my chin and jawline too 😑

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Yep lovely huge spots on my chin and jawline too 😑

I can’t go anywhere without makeup on. I look like someone who drinks too much, with my constantly red face!

I can’t go anywhere without makeup on. I look like someone who drinks too much, with my constantly red face!

I can't wait to be someone who drinks too much!! This weather puts a terrible goo on me for white wine. Lots of cold white wine :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I'm just really ugly at the minute. Am 27 weeks today and still just look fat... Still waiting on this 'pregnancy glow' too

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

How is everyone- hope you all enjoyed your easter eggs.

All good with me; here at work tired and googling double buggies- we have a uppa baby which I love although its heavy and have the rumble seat.
    Awaiting my GTT test results its taken so long.

dove2011 wrote: »
    How is everyone- hope you all enjoyed your easter eggs.

All good with me; here at work tired and googling double buggies- we have a uppa baby which I love although its heavy and have the rumble seat.
    Awaiting my GTT test results its taken so long.

When did you have your test? I’d imagine you’d have had a phone call if it was positive. The results are done within a few hours of you finishing the test (I work in the hospital where I had mine, and I was able to pop over that same evening to check).
    We have an out n about double, it’s a lovely light double buggy. Sometimes I wish I’d bought a travel system initially that could convert to a double, it would be handy sometimes to have the option, but the nipper is great for walking: I think I’ll need to buy a really compact single this time, I’m losing boot space with all the children!

I’m nearly 29 weeks. I literally check the calendar daily to see when I might finish at work

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NewMom19

Hope all are well, I'm feeling pretty shattered and i'm not quite into third trimester yet, don't know how these last 3 months will be!

I am off to New York for a wedding next week and getting my GP to sign my fit to fly form tomorrow, fingers crossed all is good when i have my appointment. I'll be 28 weeks midway through the trip.

Have been enjoying my easter treats, i have my 28 week appointment at hospital next week so fingers crossed GTT goes OK, other than feeling tired i don't think i've any of the signs of gestational diabetes.

I hit the third trimester today. Feeling really tired and emotional. My 17 month old threw the mother of all wobblers in a shoping centre this morning so I had to wrestle him, screaming into his pram. Ugh!! Getting pains in my groin area on and off the past while, kind of like the ones you get when you have been on a bike for too long. The pain just hasn't gone away today. I had pelvic girdle pain solidly for weeks at the end of my last pregnancy so am really hoping this isn't here to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

NewMom19 wrote: »
    Hope all are well, I'm feeling pretty shattered and i'm not quite into third trimester yet, don't know how these last 3 months will be!

I am off to New York for a wedding next week and getting my GP to sign my fit to fly form tomorrow, fingers crossed all is good when i have my appointment. I'll be 28 weeks midway through the trip.

Have been enjoying my easter treats, i have my 28 week appointment at hospital next week so fingers crossed GTT goes OK, other than feeling tired i don't think i've any of the signs of gestational diabetes.

Hi NewMom19! i am heading to GP tomorrow for a fit to fly form as well, flying over at 27 weeks and back at 28 so just on the cusp, like yourself.

i have been taking additional iron on midwife advice for the last few weeks, it is helping with tiredness somewhat - i no longer conk out on the couch at 9 pm but i am still finding work a huge struggle particularly in the afternoons. i dont know how i will cope when i come into third trimester properly!

enjoy your trip!!

I hit the third trimester today. Feeling really tired and emotional. My 17 month old threw the mother of all wobblers in a shoping centre this morning so I had to wrestle him, screaming into his pram. Ugh!! Getting pains in my groin area on and off the past while, kind of like the ones you get when you have been on a bike for too long. The pain just hasn't gone away today. I had pelvic girdle pain solidly for weeks at the end of my last pregnancy so am really hoping this isn't here to stay.

The pelvic pain is the worst. I’ve had it on all mine, but I think it’s been worse this time round. Probably because I’m bigger. It’s definitely a bit better if I use a foam roller on my glutes, but I often can’t summon up the energy for that either! It’s so annoying though, it’s really bad if I walk too much. But also if I sit for too long!

Hi NewMom19! i am heading to GP tomorrow for a fit to fly form as well, flying over at 27 weeks and back at 28 so just on the cusp, like yourself.

i have been taking additional iron on midwife advice for the last few weeks, it is helping with tiredness somewhat - i no longer conk out on the couch at 9 pm but i am still finding work a huge struggle particularly in the afternoons. i dont know how i will cope when i come into third trimester properly!

enjoy your trip!!

Thanks for the tip, my friend gave me some iron tablets she had left over from her last pregnancy so i will start taking them today, fingers crossed that'll help!! I might say it to the GP while she's filling in the form today as well while i'm there! Hope you have a great trip!

NewMom19 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip, my friend gave me some iron tablets she had left over from her last pregnancy so i will start taking them today, fingers crossed that'll help!! I might say it to the GP while she's filling in the form today as well while i'm there! Hope you have a great trip!

You should get her to take bloods to check your levels, just to see where you’re at!

• Advertisement

You should get her to take bloods to check your levels, just to see where you’re at!

I forgot to ask her to take bloods but i have my 28 week appointment tomorrow and i think they take bloods for that.

Actually, quick question, is everyone given the GTT at the 28 week appointment or is it only certain people? My BMI is higher so i'm assuming i fall into the category of more at risk anyways... Just trying to figure out if i'll have a longer time in the hospital than other appointments.

Advertisement