Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

My dreams are mad too!! Any of you feeling movements yet?

I’ve been having subtle movements the last 2 weeks. Only for I’ve been pregnant before I probably wouldn’t have noticed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

My dreams are crazy I'd one the other night that I was a stripper! 🙈
    I'm nearly sure I've been feeling little fluffers the past day or 2 so early compared to my first pregnancy. Think I was nearly 22 weeks before I felt anything on that pregnancy. I'm just 15 weeks and 4 days. Thought it was gas til I was listening on the Doppler and heard and felt a flutter at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Ah Im so tempted this time to get a doppler, had 18 week check in gps yesterday and was lovely to hear the heartbeat after so long since the 12 week scan. I have the placenta at the front so feeling not much compared to my first pregnancy.

Hi Ladies, how we all doing?

Does anyone know if the sonographer are going out with the nurses? Or has anyone had appts affected so far? Asking here before I bother the hosp. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, how we all doing?

Does anyone know if the sonographer are going out with the nurses? Or has anyone had appts affected so far? Asking here before I bother the hosp. Thanks

Ultrasound appt shouldn’t be cancelled, unless it’s linked to a clinic that’s nurse led, I would think. I wouldn’t worry about bothering them in the hospital though, I’m sure they’re getting plenty phone calls!

• Advertisement

How is everyone doing! I’m 18 weeks now, it feels like I’ve been pregnant for around 18 months at this stage tho! I have the most ginormous bump. I caught sight of my side profile yesterday, I think I look around 18 months pregnant too, lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

Hi all,
    1/2 way there, 20 weeks today.
    Hope all is well and bump is grown nicely for you.
    Happy valentines day too.
    So how is everyone- I dont feel pregnant at all, still working on moving my 16 month to her own room. Cant wait for the next few months to fly. Would love a holiday in the sun before baby however we dont have money for such luxurious esp when I wont want to go back to work for at least 9 months!

Hey everyone I'm 18 weeks today. Had a private scan on Thursday and found out we're having a little girl... I knew it was a girl because this pregnancy feels so different to my son. I'm still very nauseous and covered in spots just feel like a right minger!

Hey all, we’d our anomaly scan on Thursday and thankfully all was well. 21 wks now and can’t believe how quick it’s going!

Dove - were in the same boat re holiday :( maybe we should just visit each other ha

Hi ladies and gents...

Looking for suggestions of a nice dress. Its my 40th coming up, off to Lanzarote- getting a holiday for my bday!!!! I want to get a lovely dress I am more of a tight dress fits the bump oppose to a tent dress- any suggestions.
    How is everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

heldog wrote: »
    We are having a few bad nights with our toddler too. she will sleep away in our bed but she kicks a bit so i'm trying to get out of the habit. not easy though! esp when they are teething as you just want to comfort them. and get some sleep!

can i ask what supplements (if any) you are all taking? i have been taking Pregnacare but just curious if there are other options.

i am taking the boots brand pregnancy supplement because pregnacare were too harsh on my stomach - its the same ingredients and tastes gack but isnt as harsh or as (tmi) constipating. i think generic is ok for the pregnancy vitamins it has folic acid, iron, bvitamins etc etc

i also take MorDHA prenatal 80% omega high DHA formula - omega 3 fish oil. before i was pregnant i was taking the MorEPA but its not safe in pregnancy (contains vitamin A i believe). i think this brand is fairly high concentrate, good quality stuff so thats why i take it instead of the generic one

just a few weeks back i also started taking zenflore probiotic capsules - these are probiotics with some additional b vitamins. they seem to be helping with the still ongoing nausea and lack of energy and indegestion

i try and take the three of them when i am having a biggish meal - which doesnt always happen :cool: :rolleyes: the pregnancy vitamin and omega are too harsh to take on an empty stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

jlm29 wrote: »
    How is everyone doing! I’m 18 weeks now, it feels like I’ve been pregnant for around 18 months at this stage tho! I have the most ginormous bump. I caught sight of my side profile yesterday, I think I look around 18 months pregnant too, lol!

i am 18 weeks now and am huge, it is my first baby but i look about 6 months pregnant!

dove2011 wrote: »
    Hi ladies and gents...

Looking for suggestions of a nice dress. Its my 40th coming up, off to Lanzarote- getting a holiday for my bday!!!! I want to get a lovely dress I am more of a tight dress fits the bump oppose to a tent dress- any suggestions.
    How is everyone?

Now that’s an awesome pressie :heart: am just a tad jealous!

Have you tried Asos and Boohoo? I’ve gotten a few bits from them and even bagged a nice dress for a wedding too.

23 weeks now and have put on 2.5 stone so far. Of which nearly all is bump and boobs. Still feeling shattered so defo missed the second trimester energy burst

Now that’s an awesome pressie :heart: am just a tad jealous!

Have you tried Asos and Boohoo? I’ve gotten a few bits from them and even bagged a nice dress for a wedding too.

Minnie I was suppose to get a diamond ring but that is now off the table! so its a holiday now. Will try asos, bought a few bits on H&M today... More for the toddler though

23 weeks now and have put on 2.5 stone so far. Of which nearly all is bump and boobs. Still feeling shattered so defo missed the second trimester energy burst

You walk so much Minnie2017
    Feck I need to weight myself to see how I am doing

It was out of curiosity that I weighed myself the other day. I could probably do with upping my walking but justify it by saying I do spin twice a week too

I'm 20 weeks now and not showing too much. Found out we're having a girl and I'm definitely carrying differently. I was all bump on my son. Feeling a lot better thank god nausea gone.

Can I ask what sort of clothes you're all buying for baby? I've had people tell me if there's a heatwave July and August baby will be wearing mainly vests. Have picked up a few cardigans but nothing too heavy.

Hi everyone! Time is moving on. I’m 22 weeks this week!
    Ziggy, my last baby was born in June, and it was really really warm (as in, I will NEVER forget the heat in the hospital!), when he was born, the midwives dressed him the very same the baby I’d had in December, 18months previously- hat, baby grow, vest, cardigan (not a very heavy one).
    After that first day, he was still in a vest and a baby grow in the hospital, and occasionally just a vest at home.
    I found winter babies so much easier to gauge!

Also, I got some nice maternity clothes on Dorothy Perkins online a couple of weeks ago, if anyone is looking. God knows, the selection in the shops is poor! Very reasonably priced too.

Hi everyone! Time is moving on. I’m 22 weeks this week!
    Ziggy, my last baby was born in June, and it was really really warm (as in, I will NEVER forget the heat in the hospital!), when he was born, the midwives dressed him the very same the baby I’d had in December, 18months previously- hat, baby grow, vest, cardigan (not a very heavy one).
    After that first day, he was still in a vest and a baby grow in the hospital, and occasionally just a vest at home.
    I found winter babies so much easier to gauge!

Also, I got some nice maternity clothes on Dorothy Perkins online a couple of weeks ago, if anyone is looking. God knows, the selection in the shops is poor! Very reasonably priced too.

Oh god really? I might have to invest in a fan for the hospital!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 NewMom19

I'm almost 20 weeks now, still waiting to feel any movements, we have our 20 wk scan on the 15th and we can't wait for that!! I am only just starting to show also, still haven't told work colleagues so hopefully i can get away with it for another 2 weeks.

I hadn't thought about how warm the hospital will be!! I was only thinking about how much i'll be suffering in the heat in weeks time running up to baby's arrival, I'll be sending himself out for bags of ice!!

NewMom19 wrote: »
    I'm almost 20 weeks now, still waiting to feel any movements, we have our 20 wk scan on the 15th and we can't wait for that!! I am only just starting to show also, still haven't told work colleagues so hopefully i can get away with it for another 2 weeks.

I hadn't thought about how warm the hospital will be!! I was only thinking about how much i'll be suffering in the heat in weeks time running up to baby's arrival, I'll be sending himself out for bags of ice!!

Hi newmom

I'm 20 weeks myself and only feeling the odd flutter thought I'd be feeling more as it's my second. I've my anomaly scan next Monday I'm so nervous even though I'd a scan 3 weeks ago and everything looks OK.

I'm dreading the warm weather and swollen feet!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

All three of mine have been summer babies.Sweltering summers.Dress as normal in hospital, short sleeve vests, babygrows etc.It's the following few weeks are the nightmare.When they are so small it is a very hard balance.I normally stuck to the vest and babygrow combo.If it was really hot (like 25deg) and they were still less than six weeks, i might do a long sleeve vest and little trousers, or a babygrow with no feet.We live beside the sea and the breezes can be cool.Poor kids were constantly being covered and uncovered in blankets.

Also for yourself, buy strap tops for breastfeeding and light tshirts etc.You will sweat unbelievably.I mean you sweat when BF but throw in the very hot summers and it is really uncomfortable.3/4 length leggings from H&M for me were also a godsend after no.3, born May last year.They accommodated a post-pregnancy body, and allowed me to be cool, as my maternity clothes weren't suitable and the summer was hot.

In hindsight, it was a very tricky balance, especially when the babies are so small.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NewMom19

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Hi newmom

I'm 20 weeks myself and only feeling the odd flutter thought I'd be feeling more as it's my second. I've my anomaly scan next Monday I'm so nervous even though I'd a scan 3 weeks ago and everything looks OK.

I'm dreading the warm weather and swollen feet!

When we had our 12 week scan the baby was lying to the back, could hardly make it out, i was at my GP last week and she asked about movements and i told her about first scan, she said i could have an anterior placenta and might not feel movement until about 22 weeks, she had a quick feel of my belly and said everything is where she would expect it to be so that put my mind at ease!! I think once i can see the baby at next scan i will feel very relieved!!

Great, swollen feet too, forgot about that, best go get myself some flip flops! Hope my feet don't go up a size, they're big as it is!! :pac::pac:

NewMom19 wrote: »
    When we had our 12 week scan the baby was lying to the back, could hardly make it out, i was at my GP last week and she asked about movements and i told her about first scan, she said i could have an anterior placenta and might not feel movement until about 22 weeks, she had a quick feel of my belly and said everything is where she would expect it to be so that put my mind at ease!! I think once i can see the baby at next scan i will feel very relieved!!

Great, swollen feet too, forgot about that, best go get myself some flip flops! Hope my feet don't go up a size, they're big as it is!! :pac::pac:

Yea don't worry about it at all on my son I'd an anterior placenta and felt nothing til 22-23 weeks.
    Cheers for all the hints picked up a few vests and light items in penneys. They haven't much in maternity wear bar a few nice pj's and picked up a lovely nightie for D-day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hi all,

My wife had a 20 week scan done privately and the new date is 31st July so I've moved out of the August Boards thread into here.

=)

Welcome!
    It’s quiet here lately! How is everyone getting on?
    I’m so so tired lately. People who I don’t know that well at work are starting to congratulate me and ask when I’m due, they often look a bit surprised when I say July, I think I must look like I belong in the April thread!!! I also sit down at least once a week and examine the calendar to see if July is REALLY that many weeks away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Welcome!
    It’s quiet here lately! How is everyone getting on?
    I’m so so tired lately. People who I don’t know that well at work are starting to congratulate me and ask when I’m due, they often look a bit surprised when I say July, I think I must look like I belong in the April thread!!! I also sit down at least once a week and examine the calendar to see if July is REALLY that many weeks away!
    Very quiet in here! I’m 24 weeks now starting to find I’m waking LOADS at night :/ anyone recommend a good pregnancy pillow? The tiredness is back with a bang here too I’m in bed most nights at 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I am wrecked as well but my 16 month old still wakes for a feed at 1am- ish and obviously working is no fun! 21 weeks here, getting loads of little flutters and am hoping to find out the gender at the anomaly scan next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Hi everyone, how are you all doing ? I have not posted in ages. I am 24+2 today. Showing big time now and it is a fine bump. I feel pretty big and fat really but people say I am tidy looking, I had my big scan and all was good, having a little boy!

Not sure if this has been mentioned up the thread but if you are struggling to find names there is an app, you can link with your partner too, called Kinder and it lets you choose names by swiping right and left and if you get matches with your partner it alerts you. It helped us!

Clothes wise, loving a tracksuit ends that I got on h&m. It is super soft and cosy. Also my friend lent me some of her Seraphine maternity dresses, they are really expensive but omg the quality and how they look on is just so nice.

Other than that, I am eating like a horse after a race!!

Advertisement