Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP after two years what happens

Options
  • 02-11-2018 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3 Debraa

Hi. I'm considering asking my LL of 5years to look into HAP..My rent has only gone up once and is due to again in Feb. I was wondering what happens when its up after the two years. Does he just re-new. Thanks in advance. D

Comments

• I’m pretty sure contracts for HAP are 5 years? But yes either way the landlord and council will agree to a renewal if it suits the landlord and yourself. Otherwise you will find another landlord who is happy to undertake the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

There’s no timeframe for hap. Normal era rules apply. Maybe your thinking of ras where council takes it on for say 5 years and is free to rent to whoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Debraa

There’s no timeframe for hap. Normal era rules apply. Maybe your thinking of ras where council takes it on for say 5 years and is free to rent to whoever.[/quo
    Thank you both,Don't know how I got that idea from now, no wonder couldn't find it 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Debraa

Debraa wrote: »
    There’s no timeframe for hap. Normal era rules apply. Maybe your thinking of ras where council takes it on for say 5 years and is free to rent to whoever.[/quo

Thank you both,Don't know where I got that idea from now, no wonder couldn't find it 😮
    So do you renew every year.

Renew what? If you’re in receipt of HAP you’re in receipt of HaP until your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible.your tenancy agreement is with your landlord and that’s down to the tenancy agreement and the residential tenancy acts. HAP is just a form of payment same as rent allowance etc.

• Advertisement

• Renew what? If you’re in receipt of HAP you’re in receipt of HaP until your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible.your tenancy agreement is with your landlord and that’s down to the tenancy agreement and the residential tenancy acts. HAP is just a form of payment same as rent allowance etc.

Incorrect. HAP has replaced RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Incorrect. HAP has replaced RA.

Not yet no .

It will eventually be replaced with hap many are still in receipt of Rent supplement /allowence

• Gatling wrote: »
    Not yet no .

It will eventually be replaced with hap many are still in receipt of Rent supplement /allowence

Sorry meant to say replaced the RAS, it’s replacing RA slowly.

Sorry meant to say replaced the RAS, it’s replacing RA slowly.

HAP May be slowly replacing RAS but there are plenty of RAS tenancies still in place. Either way you can not automatically switch from HAP to RAS. Either way this was off topic and of no relevance to the OPs question

Advertisement