Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komeer?

• 02-11-2018 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

Been given the task of simplifying my schools' notes and alerts system, as well as reducing the amount of permission slips. Did a quick search on Google and the app Komeer came up. We're a secondary school, roughly 550 in number.

Is anyone's school using it? Is it any good? Or could anyone recommend anything else? We use TextAParent already.

Just looking for an honest assessment before the salesman gives me the shiny flashy pitch..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

Between constantly changing 'new best' school software systems (Komeer,ePortal ,VSWare etc ) and 'data protection' schools are going to become far less productive 'going forward' .Some staff (non secretarial) in our school spent hours recently folding hundreds of letters and sealing and addressing envelopes to get parents' consent to test their kids .I know its human nature to yearn for the 'good ole days' but can anyone seriously doubt that teaching conditions and education are in decline in Ireland in last 10-15 years ?Newly released Junior Cycle sample papers heartbreaking dumbing down of standards .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

2011abc wrote: »

schools are going to become far less productive 'going forward' .Some staff (non secretarial) in our school spent hours recently folding hundreds of letters and sealing and addressing envelopes...,

Why not use a folder/inserter instead of the martyrdom ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

2011abc wrote: »
    Between constantly changing 'new best' school software systems (Komeer,ePortal ,VSWare etc ) and 'data protection' schools are going to become far less productive 'going forward' .Some staff (non secretarial) in our school spent hours recently folding hundreds of letters and sealing and addressing envelopes to get parents' consent to test their kids .I know its human nature to yearn for the 'good ole days' but can anyone seriously doubt that teaching conditions and education are in decline in Ireland in last 10-15 years ?Newly released Junior Cycle sample papers heartbreaking dumbing down of standards .

Just get consent for testing at enrolment time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

Letter folding machine ?! Schools are lucky to have toilets ,or in some cases it seems ,walls .

Advertisement