Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Leaks: UEFA Investigation into Manchester City

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

You raised about the other clubs so I’m guessing it is your business so why not start a thread about football clubs being ruined by owners then.

This thread is about investigations into City not the other clubs so why would anyone raise them in this thread.

Maybe because they’re guilty by association, like all other English clubs were the last time an English team got thrown out of Europe. Do you remember? Let me refresh your memory if not - it was because of Liverpool but every other English team suffered because of their wrongdoings, so why not have the same now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

gstack166 wrote: »
    No business of mine, if you follow my posts it’s hypocrisy that I mostly reply to. In particular the most hypocritical of the lot - Liverpool fans.

How is it hypocrisy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City are the club currently under investigation so that's what this thread is now about. Rather than being a thread about whataboutery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe because they’re guilty by association, like all other English clubs were the last time an English team got thrown out of Europe. Do you remember? Let me refresh your memory if not - it was because of Liverpool but every other English team suffered because of their wrongdoings, so why not have the same now?

Ah the Heysel card has been played. Just like it is on Blue Moon so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You raised about the other clubs so I’m guessing it is your business so why not start a thread about football clubs being ruined by owners then.

This thread is about investigations into City not the other clubs so why would anyone raise them in this thread.

Other clubs?

A Pandora's box will open up by the time this is all over

Glass houses and all of that

Be careful what you wish for

Ah the Heysel card has been played. Just like it is on Blue Moon so often.

What you mean ‘has been played’ that was a conviction not ‘alledged’ like City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

gstack166 wrote:
    They’ve been in the same amount of Champions League semi finals as Liverpool in the last 10 years plus have won 6x the amount of major trophies in them years so who would be the bigger draw to sponsorship based on that?

This is not about comparing city to liverpool. This is about how ridiculous it is to think city are not lying about their money.

You really believe that sponsoring a team is nothing to do with fans? You believe that a club, a very successful club i dont mind adding, who cant even sell out their own stadium, is a big draw for sponsors?

So nothing fishy about their affiliate clubs paying over inflated funds to be related to city? How about an affiliate paying the full wages for a player to play for city? I suppose that wasnt anything to do with avoiding franks wages on the books either?

gstack166 wrote:
    What you mean ‘has been played’ that was a conviction not ‘alledged’ like City.

Classy lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

**** all will happen either way, slap on the wrist if found guilty,
    To much money floating around and especailly, these are top brand football teams around the world. Barca, psg and now city.
    Bans are not instant so if found guilty, money will be spent to strengthen for the time before the ban.

Uefa/fifa its all a lark

Mr.H wrote: »
    Classy lad

Truth hurts? I told no lies mate.

• Advertisement

gstack166 wrote:
    Truth hurts? I told no lies mate.

You are trying to compare people dying to a club spending beyond the rules.

You are letting yourself down. You are also letting down your fellow city fans. You talk like a bratty child.

AidoEirE wrote:
    **** all will happen either way, slap on the wrist if found guilty, To much money floating around and especailly, these are top brand football teams around the world. Barca, psg and now city. Bans are not instant so if found guilty, money will be spent to strengthen for the time before the ban.

I dont know. Look at chelsea

You are trying to compare people dying to a club spending beyond the rules.

You are letting yourself down. You are also letting down your fellow city fans. You talk like a bratty child.

Jesus lol. I had a poster earlier using s murder analogy in regards breaking FFP, look back at it.

I was not trying to compare the murder of innocent people to money spent by a football club, I simply stated that the last team expelled from European competion from England took the hole country with them so why wouldn’t they apply the same law next time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Your club has cheated the system. This is undeniably provable by reading the city emails, emails which city themselves have confirmed are theirs. Instead of holding your hands up and saying "yeah looks like we're bang to rights, I hope the punishment isn't severe" you come out with "all english clubs should be banned with us because Heysel"

****ing wow.

superg wrote: »
    Your club has cheated the system. This is undeniably provable by reading the city emails, emails which city themselves have confirmed are theirs. Instead of holding your hands up and saying "yeah looks like we're bang to rights, I hope the punishment isn't severe" you come out with "all english clubs should be banned with us because Heysel"

****ing wow.

I presume the sarcasm didn’t translate through text in regards European expulsion. I just find it ironic how Liverpool fans are screaming for point deductions & expulsions after the mess they left English clubs in Europe in.

How can I or you possibly say it looks like they’re bang to rights, have you a scource in the club or do you work there? By the way I’ve never once said they were innocent, it’s you that’s assumed that. All I’ve ever stated is it’s going to be very difficult for UEFA to prove anything.

Christ your hard work. I've read the emails. City's emails in which they prove they've cheated.

Quite what Heysel has to do with it I'll never know and I haven't called for anything. I've been fair in my arguments with you, I don't believe anything will come of it and I don't give a **** either, it doesn't help my club but it's seems to me from reading the emails that there can be no doubt the cheating has occurred yet you won't accept it.

Christ your hard work. I've read the emails. City's emails in which they prove they've cheated.

So you read the emails, aww ok Inspector Gadget, case closed then. Guilty as (yet) charged.

Why are UEFA wasting millions of euros a year on lawyers when your here on boards.ie doing all their dirty work for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I dont know. Look at chelsea

Chelsea saga on ffp has been acknowledeg long before this city case and its still going.
    I wouldn't say just cause fifa say theres a a ban it will mean its instant.

Barca baught the kid from ajax for 70 odd mill,
    Psg spent over a 100 mil on mpabbe nearly,
    City will escape the same.

The amount of youth players Chelsea buy (30 odd or some riduculous number) and have zero intention of using is a problem

The others have to many oiled or heafty handshakes in the right places.

The FFP rule is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

No business of mine, if you follow my posts it’s hypocrisy that I mostly reply to. In particular the most hypocritical of the lot - Liverpool fans.

HAHAHA

All credit to you pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

So you read the emails, aww ok Inspector Gadget, case closed then. Guilty as (yet) charged.

Why are UEFA wasting millions of euros a year on lawyers when your here on boards.ie doing all their dirty work for free.

Because as part of the law whether quilty or not lawyers need to be involved

AidoEirE wrote:
    Chelsea saga on ffp has been acknowledeg long before this city case and its still going. I wouldn't say just cause fifa say theres a a ban it will mean its instant.

I am talking about the fact that chelsea have a transfer ban and where denied their request to have it suspended during appeal. So they dont have a chance to spend big before the ban.

gstack166 wrote:

Haha, I'll waste no more time trying to reason with comical Ali.

Haha, I'll waste no more time trying to reason with comical Ali.

Are you having a ****ing laugh? Trying to reason? You’ve already said they are guilty & you know **** all about it.

How are you trying to reason with me when I haven’t protested their innocence or said I think their guilty, but you have?

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is all such minor stuff on the grand scale of corruption in soccer. Something like this grabs the headlines but there is so much corruption going on that you'll never see anybody getting badly punished just in case they'd lift the lid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

So you believe they are innocent?

Absolutely not. But in the eyes of the law it's innocent until proven guilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is all such minor stuff on the grand scale of corruption in soccer. Something like this grabs the headlines but there is so much corruption going on that you'll never see anybody getting badly punished just in case they'd lift the lid.

I tend to agree, in that there is big corruption in soccer (in fairness anywhere you have that much money swilling around, you'll have corruption). There is little desire amongst anyone (FIFA/UEFA, Clubs, TV, sponsors, even supporters) to look too close to look for bribery, PED use, or corrupt owners laundering money and reputations through football clubs. In truth, nobody really cares:sport, including football is a release from geopolitics and the day to day humdrum, so people don't really care if they're honest.

As I noted earlier, the city model is particularly sinister in my view. They have kinda hijacked an established club and its supporters, and have them now going to bat for them, defending their honour in constant denial of what is pretty obvious to anyone who has an ounce of sense.

Their model is working, the support they have bought and paid for will (generally) now defend them at all costs, as they think they are defending their club, rather than defending an legitimising a state run PR channel for a very dodgy government, in terms of human rights etc.
    The Abu Dhabi boys are laughing up the sleeves of their disdashas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I tend to agree, in that there is big corruption in soccer (in fairness anywhere you have that much money swilling around, you'll have corruption). There is little desire amongst anyone (FIFA/UEFA, Clubs, TV, sponsors, even supporters) to look too close to look for bribery, PED use, or corrupt owners laundering money and reputations through football clubs. In truth, nobody really cares:sport, including football is a release from geopolitics and the day to day humdrum, so people don't really care if they're honest.

As I noted earlier, the city model is particularly sinister in my view. They have kinda hijacked an established club and its supporters, and have them now going to bat for them, defending their honour in constant denial of what is pretty obvious to anyone who has an ounce of sense.

Their model is working, the support they have bought and paid for will (generally) now defend them at all costs, as they think they are defending their club, rather than defending an legitimising a state run PR channel for a very dodgy government, in terms of human rights etc.
    The Abu Dhabi boys are laughing up the sleeves of their disdashas

Its not as if the brits and yanks are too concerned about human rights when they're bombing women and children in their role as world police.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Its not as if the brits and yanks are too concerned about human rights when they're bombing women and children in their role as world police.

More whataboutery, not relevant really to City /Abu Dhabi, the US or UK government don't own EPL or European soccer teams AFAIK

Even Pep uses the word INCREDIBLE to describe City's achievements :)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47502230

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well that’s FIFA different organisation investigating Man City that’s UEFA.

FIFA are the ones Chelsea have an issue with at the minute

Well that’s FIFA different organisation investigating Man City that’s UEFA.

FIFA are the ones Chelsea have an issue with at the minute

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/1104051041841090571?s=21

I think you’ll find FIFA, UEFA, the Premier League & the Football Association have ALL opened up investigations into Manchester City

Happy days, I thought it was just UEFA, sorry I don’t keep on top of other clubs so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I presume the sarcasm didn’t translate through text in regards European expulsion. I just find it ironic how Liverpool fans are screaming for point deductions & expulsions after the mess they left English clubs in Europe in.

Liverpool the club wasnt involved in what goes on in the crowd.

You cant control who chooses to follow what club and what they do while following them.

Yes the clubs get the blame and carry the can but theres very little they could have done to result in any other outcome.

The same people could have been there in blue jerseys had Everton won things at the right time to influence them or their parents about what club they wanted to follow. It wouldnt have been Everton's fault either.

You can directly blame a club for what their owners do though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Happy days, I thought it was just UEFA, sorry I don’t keep on top of other clubs so much

Yea great to see all four organisations investigating City. Hopefully all come down hard on them for cheating and make an example of them. Try bring back some credibility to the game.

ricero wrote: »
    Yea great to see all four organisations investigating City. Hopefully all come down hard on them for cheating and make an example of them. Try bring back some credibility to the game.

I’ve a feeling you’re going to be extremely butt hurt with the outcome :D still, least you can always vent your frustration here.

Would did you reply firstly then that I was wrong if you don’t keep up with it? Bizzare.

Would did you reply firstly then that I was wrong if you don’t keep up with it? Bizzare.

Thread title says UEFA investigation into Man City

Thread title says UEFA investigation into Man City

Yes & it’s been posted numerous times in the thread about the 3 other bodies opening investigations

• Advertisement

Yes & it’s been posted numerous times in the thread about the 3 other bodies opening investigations

Don’t have the time to read the whole thread sorry hi, I don’t spend 24 hours a day on boards to keep on top of every post

Don’t have the time to read the whole thread sorry hi, I don’t spend 24 hours a day on boards to keep on top of every post

That’s not the point. I asked why would you tell someone they’re wrong & they prove they are right you reply that you don’t know because you don’t follow it?

Why bother commenting on it when you didn’t know? Like a lot of posters on this thread, posting BS that they know nothing about because their eyes have gone green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

ricero wrote: »

The game lost it's credibility a long time ago. about the time murdochs millions arrived. I suppose that was the arabs fault too.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

This fella explains the situation quite well. I'm sure the usual suspects will be along soon to dismiss what he has to say....

https://twitter.com/MoChatra/status/1104143932852748289?s=19

I'm not really interested in seeing City punished but them having to reveal their true financial position would be interesting. There is no way they can afford that squad and the commercial revenue figures are so obviously fabricated.

How absurd those figures are is United have commerical revenue of £276m but City are claiming they made £232m.

The all commercially powerful United are only £40m ahead of a club who was nothing 10 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob316 wrote: »
    The all commercially powerful United are only £40m ahead of a club who was nothing 10 years ago?

Doesn't make sense to me anyway.

And then the bit about there wages is bizarre. Average of a 60% increase and City have 13%? No way is that true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

rob316 wrote: »
    I'm not really interested in seeing City punished but them having to reveal their true financial position would be interesting. There is no way they can afford that squad and the commercial revenue figures are so obviously fabricated.

How absurd those figures are is United have commerical revenue of £276m but City are claiming they made £232m.

Why would you not like to see them punished if its proven there are financial irregularities/cover ups?

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Why would you not like to see them punished if its proven there are financial irregularities/cover ups?

It'll be as fun having the rules enforced and them having to cut costs and sell players.

The punishment will likely be a fine and maybe a ban from CL.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    This fella explains the situation quite well. I'm sure the usual suspects will be along soon to dismiss what he has to say....

https://twitter.com/MoChatra/status/1104143932852748289?s=19

This fella explains the counter argument quite well. I’m sure the usual suspects will be along soon to dismiss what he has to say.

https://twitter.com/prestwichblue/status/1105164309427077121?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Ask him where the £20m from the women's team came from.

Advertisement