Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

APPLE IPhone SE 32GB €293 with Littlewoods

• 02-11-2018 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Just seen an Apple iPhone SE 32GB for only €293 Rose Gold, Silver, Slate Grey

Apple iPad Mini 4 128 GB for €353 Rose Gold, Silver ,Slate Grey

on Littlewoods.ie website.

Might be a handy Christmas present at a bargain price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just seen an Apple iPhone SE 32GB for only €293 Rose Gold, Silver, Slate Grey

Apple iPad Mini 4 128 GB for €353 Rose Gold, Silver ,Slate Grey

on Littlewoods.ie website.

Might be a handy Christmas present at a bargain price.

That's an iPhone 5 size phone with the specs of an iPhone 6 right?

iPhone 6 are worth about half that second hand. Probably a lot less nearer to Christmas. And even at that, they are very poor value for money for the spec. But my children still want them because all of their friends have these ****ty overpriced phones too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

unkel wrote: »

iPhone 6 are worth about half that second hand. Probably a lot less nearer to Christmas. And even at that, they are very poor value for money for the spec. But my children still want them because all of their friends have these ****ty overpriced phones too :p

Great post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Just seen an Apple iPhone SE 32GB for only €293

Jesus wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

unkel wrote: »

No the SE is the same as the 6s.
    Big jump in performance from 6 to 6s then not as big a jump to iPhone 7.

I don't see the point in comparing a new iphone to a used one, or even an android. Its got nothing to with value, or specs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

You can buy the 32GB SE on Verizon for equivalent $150. Verizon don’t lock their devices and since the iPhone 4s have offered unlocked GSM sim slots. I don’t know if you can trust Addresspal though, heard stories on here about items going missing and having no comeback with An Post.

You can always try eBay for blacklisted devices “Verizon sealed iPhone SE/6/6S/7 32GB/64 etc etc BAD ESN”

• Advertisement

Is the warranty the same as a new one from here...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ballycarton

Well it does seem a good deal as I have been looking at various websites and the prices vary from €379 to €440 .It is a brand new iPhone too.

It would also be subject to Irish consumer laws as far as I know.

I have ordered the Rose Gold one as a christmas present ,so I should have it by next Thursday.:)

I also thought their 128 GB IPad Mini 4 was a very good deal at €353 down from €499.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I never thought I would see Littlewoods and bargain in the same sentence..:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Don’t mind the haters comparing it to a second hand phone or even the latest model, imagine getting a used phone for Christmas lol

Well power to you if you can afford to give all your kids a new €1679 phone every Christmas. I sure can't :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Can't understand why they haven't updated the iPad mini. It's the perfect form factor for kids.

Considering the latest iPad 6 is only about €20 more expensive, it's likely I'd go for that instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

One word, Xiaomi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

Yep Xiaomi are excellent.. I have one.
    Except when they need repair....just throw them in the bin, nowhere fixes them.

iPhone SE I have one...nothing to write home about same old boring apple phone.
    I'd also not spend a lot of money on one so price seems ok.

Great camera.

Great camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

screamer wrote: »

Perhaps that will change now that Three are selling them:
    https://www.three.ie/brand/xiaomi/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

screamer wrote: »

Xiaomi are excellent hardware , although they only last around 2-3 years before they don't get updates anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

redcup342 wrote: »
    Xiaomi are excellent hardware , although they only last around 2-3 years before they don't get updates anymore.

Some of their newer phones are Android One certified so will get regular updates.

Got a Mii A2 Lite recently and love it.

fdevine wrote: »
    Some of their newer phones are Android One certified so will get regular updates.

Got a Mii A2 Lite recently and love it.

That's only 2 years (faster access to updates) to the iPhones 4 years

And that doesn't mean they will actually do the updates.

Only company i've seen doing android updates long term is Nvidia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Also networks can be slow to roll out updates if ever.

redcup342 wrote: »
    That's only 2 years (faster access to updates) to the iPhones 4 years

And that doesn't mean they will actually do the updates.

Only company i've seen doing android updates long term is Nvidia

Have Nvidia even had a phone out 4years.

• Advertisement

adm wrote: »
    Perhaps that will change now that Three are selling them:
    https://www.three.ie/brand/xiaomi/

Three are no different to anyone else for updates. The only way to get updates if from a manufacturer with a history of Android updates.

Google, Nokia, Motorola (well used to) and Android One phones. Or Apple obviously.

Ah ok.

I wouldn't expect repairs will improve with three either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

slave1 wrote: »
    One word, Xiaomi

Have used iPhone for years. Got an S7 for work 6mths ago and use them both very frequently. Android UI isn’t a patch on Apple; not nearly as slick. Not taking away from xiaomi stuff though, if android is your thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

dodzy wrote: »
    Have used iPhone for years. Got an S7 for work 6mths ago and use them both very frequently. Android UI isn’t a patch on Apple; not nearly as slick. Not taking away from xiaomi stuff though, if android is your thing.

Samsung UI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Thanks op. My dad has had his iPhone 4 for years so is long overdue an upgrade, that's his Christmas present sorted.

beauf wrote: »
    Have Nvidia even had a phone out 4years.

The Shield runs on Android:
    https://www.androidcentral.com/why-can-nvidia-support-shield-tv-so-long

The Phone manufacturers are so diversified and product lifecycles so short that the support is nowhere near as long as Apple or Nvidia.

Nvidia stick with one product and improve it.
    Android Phone Manufacturers release stuff with bleeding edge hardware or make it super cheap then drop support after 1 or 2 years.

I'm a fan of both but consigned to the fact that the Apple Phones last around twice as long as their Android counterparts.

Forgot about the Shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

dodzy wrote: »

Samsungs Touchwiz would not be regarded in any positive way, in relation to Android.
    You are comparing apples with oranges I'm afraid.(bad pun intended)
    Xiaomi use Miui which is better than Touchwiz imo but still not a patch on stock Android.
    As to which is better.... For the most part, it will come down to the first system you used and are familiar with. After that it becomes a fanboy Vs fanboy.
    Android is better tho :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Marcos

slave1 wrote: »
    One word, Xiaomi

You can get an unlocked Xiaomi Redmi 6 32gb dual sim in the Ilac Centre for €179. It’s the place in the middle just before the Moore St entrance. There’s also a place in Capel St that sells them. I got one myself about 5 weeks ago and am happy with it.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement