Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skull

• 02-11-2018 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭

Found this in the garden.I would guess it was dropped by a bird as no dogs etc can get in. Is it a rabbit skull ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Found this in the garden.I would guess it was dropped by a bird as no dogs etc can get in. Is it a rabbit skull ?

Looks like the hip bone of small fox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Chiparus

hemi- pelvis , looks like it has been sawn through ( flat edge at the bottom).just above the acetabulum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Thanks lads. I done a search after your suggestion and it does look like a fox.. So i told the wife it was a fox. It was then she told me she had a bit of lamb and threw the bone out for the crows. It was then carried by them further down the garden near a small pond where i found it. hence the sawn through comment. The auld butchers table job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Thanks lads. I done a search after your suggestion and it does look like a fox.. So i told the wife it was a fox. It was then she told me she had a bit of lamb and threw the bone out for the crows. It was then carried by them further down the garden near a small pond where i found it. hence the sawn through comment. The auld butchers table job.

Dalm it. I was about to ask did someone have a pork chop lately lol

Advertisement