Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got stopped again by AGS

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I know theres a massive problem in howth with cyclists descending the hill in excess of 60km/h nearly missing cars

Nearly missing sounds serious! Are many people killed per year on this hill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

tuxy wrote: »
    Nearly missing sounds serious! Are many people killed per year on this hill?

doesn't seem so at the moment but theres a lot of howth residents sick of the dangerous cycling that takes place every weekend there.

Ah I can understand it. It is a problem and I know it has been going on for years. I imagine the Strava KOM is highly coveted so they are probably trying to get back to the bottom ASAP to give it another go.

tuxy wrote: »
    Ah I can understand it. It is a problem and I know it has been going on for years. I imagine the Strava KOM is highly coveted so they are probably trying to get back to the bottom ASAP to give it another go.

I have no idea what that is, but if it means that a**holes in lycra are putting people in danger for no good reason then yes, that is whats happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,704 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I have no idea what that is, but if it means that a**holes in lycra are putting people in danger for no good reason then yes, that is whats happening.

How exactly are they putting people in danger? Cyclists don't generally endanger people in cars. So are we talking about pedestrians crossing the road?

• Advertisement

How exactly are they putting people in danger? Cyclists don't generally endanger people in cars. So are we talking about pedestrians crossing the road?

People tend to have more issue with lyrca than the behaviour. Let's not get into that discussion. I cycle and I drive. I know nice people that do too and I also know assholes.

people turning a corner and a bike whizzing by at 70km/h would cause them to jam on, increasing the risk of somebody crashing into the back of them, or the inevitable of somebody slowly backing out of their driveway and having a bike and rider plow into the door at that speed would definitely have some harsh psychological impact if not physical if the car is an older tin can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

VonZan wrote:
    Strange, he was probably bored and wanted to pick on you for whatever reason.

VonZan wrote:
    Sometimes you get the good guys sometimes you get the bad guys. Move on as long as he doesn't keep hassling you would be my advice.

Might have been trying to impress the other guarda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

of somebody slowly backing out of their driveway and having a bike and rider plow into the door

Reversing out onto the road?
    Would it not have been safer for their car to reverse in originally?
    There'd be no risk then of getting a very significant dent by a cyclist hitting it at 50km/h+.
    You're talking serious panel repair at those kinds of speeds, not something that could be fixed by a suction cup or a quick fill and spray.

josip wrote: »
    Reversing out onto the road?
    Would it not have been safer for their car to reverse in originally?
    There'd be no risk then of getting a very significant dent by a cyclist hitting it at 50km/h+.
    You're talking serious panel repair at those kinds of speeds, not something that could be fixed by a suction cup or a quick fill and spray.

You can't expect people to have such foresight or spacial awareness to be able to reverse into a driveway!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement