Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba TR200 240GB 2.5" SSD £38.95 / 480GB £61.98 [Edit they don't Deliver eBuyer]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

will they deliver to Ireland ??
    last time i tried they cancelled my parcel motel order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Those prices are getting to be the norm.
    I picked up a couple of these on Amazon this week.

£50 each. I buy exVAT but £60 including.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01F9G46Q8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What is the +upgrade kit? Does this turn it into a portable USB?

I bought a Kingston 240gb SSD on Amazon last week for £34. As said above, they're just cheap to buy now.

Double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Lenny wrote: »
    What is the +upgrade kit? Does this turn it into a portable USB?

Cloning software kit as far as I remember, to upgrade from HDD.

Lenny wrote: »
    What is the +upgrade kit? Does this turn it into a portable USB?[/quo

Double post
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

I just noticed those Kingstones on amazon. Is that Toshiba any better than Kingston? Or Sandisk SSD Plus for 39 pounds on amazon? Also the Sandisk SSD upgrade kit (12.99 on amazon) does it allow you to clone everything including operating system without any issue?

I just noticed those Kingstones on amazon. Is that Toshiba any better than Kingston? Or Sandisk SSD Plus for 39 pounds on amazon? Also the Sandisk SSD upgrade kit (12.99 on amazon) does it allow you to clone everything including operating system without any issue?

The one I bought a few years ago was Kinhston and it came with a copy of Acronis True Image which is a pretty good cloning software and it cloned everything on the HDD including the OS. The best part was it created its own partitions so I could clone a 240gb SDD from a 320gb HDD, this can be a bit tricky for the uninitiated.
    Incidentally, that Kingston SSD is in this very laptop I'm using now so no complaints there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

In the market for a 1TB SSD, lowest I've seen on is Amazon for 120 sterling, I want all mechanical HDDs out of my PC soon as I can, I have a 500gb 7200 for data and a 120GB OS drive, so want to replace the 500gb for something bigger and quicker...

SSDs really have come down in price though haven't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭loki7777

Only the slowest ones like sandisk plus. I'm waiting for samsung 1tb to drop in price.

loki7777 wrote: »
    Only the slowest ones like sandisk plus. I'm waiting for samsung 1tb to drop in price.

I had one of them in my old Mac, don't notice the difference with that and the sandisk I have for my OS, are they that much slower?

My PC boots in about 8 seconds... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

will they deliver to Ireland ??
    last time i tried they cancelled my parcel motel order

I'd like to know this too. Often great deals from ebuyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭loki7777

Fieldog wrote: »
    I had one of them in my old Mac, don't notice the difference with that and the sandisk I have for my OS, are they that much slower?

My PC boots in about 8 seconds... :)

If it's only for os and in old laptop,etc. you won't notice any difference.
    But still 960gb is more then twice as 480 costs.

loki7777 wrote: »
    If it's only for os and in old laptop,etc. you won't notice any difference.
    But still 960gb is more then twice as 480 costs.

It made a collosal difference to my old 07 MBP, which only had a standard 5400RPM HDD when I got it, was like a new machine after...

It's nearly as fast as my 2013 Air which has the SSD on the motherboard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Any order I have ever tried with Ebuyer ( Parcel Motel, Addresspal) have all been cancelled. Are they delivering here now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

A few years back ebuyer decided to stop delivering here supposedly for vat reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

pissed wrote: »
    Any order I have ever tried with Ebuyer ( Parcel Motel, Addresspal) have all been cancelled. Are they delivering here now?
    This should be marked expired or whatever.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Looks like SSD prices are starting to drop all round.

Amazon.de Crucial MX500 CT500MX500SSD1

250GB for €41,99 ~ £36.84 , cheap upgrade for an old laptop
    500GB for €76.90 ~ £67.46

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0784SLQM6/ref=twister_B07G3QJTR4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Fieldog wrote: »
    It made a collosal difference to my old 07 MBP, which only had a standard 5400RPM HDD when I got it, was like a new machine after...

It's nearly as fast as my 2013 Air which has the SSD on the motherboard...

He meant is there a difference between a slow and fast SSD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I've been holding off on pulling the trigger on ssds, waiting for black friday as they usually are discounted. But the prices are so low at the minute I'm starting to doubt if there will be any futher price drops during this years black friday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I've been holding off on pulling the trigger on ssds, waiting for black friday as they usually are discounted. But the prices are so low at the minute I'm starting to doubt if there will be any futher price drops during this years black friday.
    As with all hard drives there is no point in getting a no-name brand if it's only a little cheaper.

Doubly so if you are storing data on it.

Crucial BX300 - 120GB drives are down to £19.99

Advertisement