Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing wooden floor

Options
  • 03-11-2018 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a house in 2015 which was built in the 1970's. There is a wooden floor in the sitting room on the ground floor which is definitely not anywhere near as old as the house but it is low quality.

I am considering getting it replaced but want to make sure what I replace it with makes the room more insulated and warmer. I am guessing that the underlay on the current floor is very thin as there is no noticeable spring on it.

Can anyone give some guidance on what the best options there are out there today?

I don't mind if it means installing raised floorboards. I know that this would most likely involve having to get the doors planed and possibly raising the skirting board.

Advertisement