Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Matchday Thread 👍

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

stephenl15 wrote: »
    74 (-8) Mitro to go.

75 (-8) all out...

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Fulham were awful. They have zero width, Sessengon is wasted playing as a fullback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Aleksandar Mitrovic shots on target this season:
    First six matches: 12
    Last five matches: 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Finished on 71. Mitro my only interest in that game. Him & Knockaert are both gone from my team this week. 2 FTs to play with but can afford to wait a few days before deciding who to bring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

wonski wrote: »
    Worst mnf ever.

Was expecting them to do all it takes.

Mitrovic booked.

I was quite happy with how that game turned out - Schindler with 11 pointer.

looking like 74 all out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Travelling all day and arrive to see just a mitro one pointer. Scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Up 11k to 22k. Nice to bounce back after a bad showing last week

Season high OR of 17.5K

km79 wrote: »
    Billing gets his one game ban
    Nothing else happened

That didnt even happen. Turns out the late yellow was for Mbenza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Phew, that was dream MNF for someone with no players involved (especially one who sold Mitro after last weekend). Auto-subs weren't too punishing either.

74 all out and finish 89k, first time finishing a GW this season in the top 100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

82(-8) so net 76 best week by far clawed back 600k of the 1m places lost in the last 2 weeks, up to 1.28m. Another 3 weeks like that and I will be top. The -8 cost me 5 points but delighted all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

72, up 54k to 151k. Good week but the reality was 59 points from 4 players. 13 from the other 7 isn't good enough. Mitrovic an unqualified disaster since I brought him in two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

claw wrote: »
    72, up 54k to 151k. Good week but the reality was 59 points from 4 players. 13 from the other 7 isn't good enough. Mitrovic an unqualified disaster since I brought him in two weeks ago.

Very similar result here, 59 from four players. Was very lucky to bring in Arnie for Mitro - had been 50/50 on whether to do it!

Finished up on 74 and a decent rise to 66k.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

66 is a 30k rise to 215k. Moving up the overall rankings but not catching any of the people I want to catch. Have yet to have a really good week or a disaster of a week. Lots of gw ranks in between 1million and 1.5 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

tailgunner wrote: »
    Very similar result here, 59 from four players. Was very lucky to bring in Arnie for Mitro - had been 50/50 on whether to do it!

Finished up on 74 and a decent rise to 66k.

I've had Arnie from the start and he is there for the season unless something happens to him. I had a choice between Wilson and Mitrovic two weeks ago and went with Mitrovic mainly because I had Fraser and I thought Fulham might beat Bournemouth at home. Great move :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

88 jumps me up 86k and breaks the top 100k for the first time this year at 60k hewt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

62 points and down over 200 places to 428. Being up this high and taking risks on captaincy is something I'll have to really think about again as it backfired big time this week.

62 points and down over 200 places to 428. Being up this high and taking risks on captaincy is something I'll have to really think about again as it backfired big time this week.

I would guess any regular top 1-5k finisher would advise you that taking gambles on captains is the worst way to go.

Maybe GW37 or 38 but not until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I would guess any regular top 1-5k finisher would advise you that taking gambles on captains is the worst way to go.

Maybe GW37 or 38 but not until then.

Yeah I guess the safe option is the way to play when you reach the top echelons. Interestingly though, Ville Ronka also captained Salah this week which surprised me as he would normally be a man who'd go for the safe pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

What’s Ville Ronka’s team ID this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

100 all out. 54k OR

Mitrovic disappointing last night, need to swap for Arnie

V HEWT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah I guess the safe option is the way to play when you reach the top echelons. Interestingly though, Ville Ronka also captained Salah this week which surprised me as he would normally be a man who'd go for the safe pick.
    The year I spent a considerable amount of time in the top 20 I took a big risk with the January wildcard (that I didn't even really need) in an attempt to gain top spot. Backfired and the effort needed to undo it saw me drop down a few hundred places.

I would definitely echo the 'err on the side of caution' approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lost a big h2h by a point. It came down to my Mendy vs his Ings. Sickener :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

AdpRo wrote: »
    What’s Ville Ronka’s team ID this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

please talk me out of Silva ---- Ozil.

i have 3 City (Aguero and Mendy the other 2), no Arsenal, just one Liverpool, and no money ITB.

Fab Hamer
    Mendy Alonso Yedlin Bennett WanB
    Salah Hazard Ricky Silva Ward
    Aguero Arnie Jimenez

just the one FT to play with.

i kind of want another Liverpool, but can't do it without a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

SlickRic wrote: »
    please talk me out of Silva ---- Ozil.

i have 3 City (Aguero and Mendy the other 2), no Arsenal, just one Liverpool, and no money ITB.

Fab Hamer
    Mendy Alonso Yedlin Bennett WanB
    Salah Hazard Ricky Silva Ward
    Aguero Arnie Jimenez

just the one FT to play with.

i kind of want another Liverpool, but can't do it without a hit.

Ozil is the flakiest player on the planet! He's also prone to the 'unannounced' injury and can randomly miss games. He also rarely performs in 'big' games and he has Spurs and Man U in the next 4...

Silva is Mr Consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

90 (-4) All played!

A badly needed good week, was beginning to question the wisdom of Sterling and going top heavy but it worked this week.

Up just over 500k to 470k but will obviously fall back a bit depending on Mitro and auto subs!

The irony is if I'd made no transfer I'd be on 98 without a hit. So even when I win, I lose (a little) :o

Only fell back to 483k with autosubs and last night.

A couple more of these weeks and things won't look so bad.

It's still so volatile in terms of rankings at this juncture. Just need a few more decisions to fall the right way before I can screw it all up over Christmas as always!

Benimar wrote: »

Silva is Mr Consistency.

David? He’s not really like he’s averaging just over 5 a game, which isn’t great regardless of his price tag.

Like Marital would be a good buy instead of Ozil imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Benimar wrote: »
    Ozil is the flakiest player on the planet! He's also prone to the 'unannounced' injury and can randomly miss games. He also rarely performs in 'big' games and he has Spurs and Man U in the next 4...

Silva is Mr Consistency.

Perfect.
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Like Marital would be a good buy instead of Ozil imo

The only issue is City next.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Perfect.

The only issue is City next.

Form over fixtures right?

Advertisement