Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stove Rope

• 03-11-2018 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,

The bottom of my stove rope has come loose. Its the weather for lighting fires. What would happen if I super glued it back on. I dont have any stove glue ? Would it suffice ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AdrianLM

I would imagine that the stove glue would contain some sort of fire retardant. Thecsuper glue does not and might actually be quite flammable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Traditionally waterglass, sodium silicate, is used to stick fire rope, but thats so old school I had a hard time finding much with google but the first commercial product I could find was http://www.stoveshop.ie/home/4491-thermotite-glass-adhesive-125ml.html which I've seen in a lot of builders merchants. If you can get sodium silicate crystals you can mix up your own with water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Goodwin's do it as well.
    I Just ordered some now that I know what I needed .
    Great forum this:)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭macchoille

You’ll have to clean the old glue residue before you apply new glue (I used a flat head screwdriver). In the end I just replaced the whole rope as other bits started coming loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If the rope gets old and wears out it will often get over compressed and drop out . I've never actually needed to use any glue when replacing a rope simply because the right size of new rope is a tight fit in the door groove.

• Advertisement
Advertisement