Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'08 Grand Scenic crankshaft sensor

• 03-11-2018 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭

So, wife's Grand Scenic II exhibiting signs of crankshaft sensor issue, namely when I try start the engine it cranks continuously but won't start. New battery in the car, as the old one had given a little trouble, and initially I thought that was the issue.

Pulled the sensor, cleaned the pins and plug with electronic contact cleaner, plus wiped down the magnet on the sensor. Replaced it, and tried starting again.

This time the engine cranked and almost fired, bit of coughing and spluttering, but won't start. Checked the spec online, resistance should be 250 ohm, its reading 230 ohm on my multimeter. Would this be enough of a drop in resistance to effect the sensor?

Other relevant info, ecu scanned with Delphi, no faults showing, fuel pump is working, and fuel is making its way to the engine.

So, am I on the right track, or does anybody have any other suggestions or comments on what I've done, or failed to do, so far

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

So, for anybody else stumbling across this thread, one replacement crankshaft sensor later, car is back running

Advertisement