Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbKer

greasepalm wrote: »
    Go into plugins again and is there a green button Download plugins and enter it,look for drivers as above.If it does not work you have an old unsupported image.

Was beginning to think that the image was unsupported but thankfully after a few attempts it worked so i now have twin DVB T inputs to allow simultaneos recording/viewing on two saorview channels (Channels that are broadcast on separate muxes). Thanks for your help guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

I've been trying unsuccessfully to flash NewClareman's image. I then tried the high horse brigade's image and that worked fine. The thing I noticed was that high horses image contained 4 files in the tiviaraplus directory but NewClaremans on has only 3 in his latest backup here

Is NewClareman's image valid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭NewClareman

If you’re flashing my most recent build you need to look at post 665.

I’ll move the important info into a “for-dummies” guide, when I get a chance🙂
    Griffinx wrote: »
    I've been trying unsuccessfully to flash NewClareman's image. I then tried the high horse brigade's image and that worked fine. The thing I noticed was that high horses image contained 4 files in the tiviaraplus directory but NewClaremans on has only 3 in his latest backup here

Is NewClareman's image valid?

OpenATV changed the backup mechanism and I can no longer create a version that flashes from USB. Therefore you need to follow the instructions in my post above for the latest image. The older images can still be flashed from USB.

Question: on the new NCM build when timers start recording a box appears saying "A recording has started" which is as per the old version but then the LCD Display on the front of the box always showed that it was recording too.....I always found it a little annoying TBH but the wifey likes to see it ......I know Ive seen it somewhere on the old build but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere on the current build....anyone any idea??

robbKer wrote: »
    Question: on the new NCM build when timers start recording a box appears saying "A recording has started" which is as per the old version but then the LCD Display on the front of the box always showed that it was recording too.....I always found it a little annoying TBH but the wifey likes to see it ......I know Ive seen it somewhere on the old build but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere on the current build....anyone any idea??

I can’t find it either, sorry - must have changed with this version of OpenATV...

• Advertisement

I can’t find it either, sorry - must have changed with this version of OpenATV...

No worries!, thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Wondered if you had a single feed and that message came up and it switched over to the recording channel,most boxes have more than 1 feed now + might have driven people mad getting pop up message on tv screen.

Wondered if you had a single feed and that message came up and it switched over to the recording channel,most boxes have more than 1 feed now + might have driven people mad getting pop up message on tv screen.

No, it was dual feed. The on screen popup message still appears which is fine, it is only the LCD Display that no longer shows recording status. As I said above it did display recording status on the previous build but not on the current one.

No, it was dual feed. The on screen popup message still appears which is fine, it is only the LCD Display that no longer shows recording status. As I said above it did display recording status on the previous build but not on the current one.

This build is configured to give a pop up message when a recording starts.

Previous builds, based on OpenATV 6.1, were configured to show recording on the lcd screen, as well.

Hi all,
    I upgraded to the latest version of NCMs image and had quite a few problems, one of which was the EPG not showing correctly. at the end of the day I reverted to an older Image which as that older image was extermely stable on this box. On the EPG though a specific programme (ie: Emmerdale Farm) will not show on any channel on the EPG, (ie ITV, UTV, Virgin).....Bizarre I know but maybe theres a logical reason?

Has anyone any idea what might be happening here?

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    I upgraded to the latest version of NCMs image and had quite a few problems, one of which was the EPG not showing correctly. at the end of the day I reverted to an older Image which as that older image was extermely stable on this box. On the EPG though a specific programme (ie: Emmerdale Farm) will not show on any channel on the EPG, (ie ITV, UTV, Virgin).....Bizarre I know but maybe theres a logical reason?

Has anyone any idea what might be happening here?

It’s hard to tell, without a full list of the problems...

In relation to the EPG, try deleting the EPG database and downloading again.

It’s hard to tell, without a full list of the problems...

In relation to the EPG, try deleting the EPG database and downloading again.

The only issue currently is the EPG. Ive deleted the .dat file and and reset it a few different way......end result is the same.....right now for instance Emmerdale is on Virgin 3 and also UTV.....all of which are showing blank in their respective timeslots......is it just my box or is anyone else seeing the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

The only issue currently is the EPG. Ive deleted the .dat file and and reset it a few different way......end result is the same.....right now for instance Emmerdale is on Virgin 3 and also UTV.....all of which are showing blank in their respective timeslots......is it just my box or is anyone else seeing the same?

Make sure you're on a satellite channel and manually run the download. You should see it going thorough the stages of downloading, parsing, saving etc. If you're not getting this make sure both satellite tuners have a signal. Also, do a download from Crossepg settings > opentv (I think it's yellow to download)

Make sure you're on a satellite channel and manually run the download. You should see it going thorough the stages of downloading, parsing, saving etc. If you're not getting this make sure both satellite tuners have a signal. Also, do a download from Crossepg settings > opentv (I think it's yellow to download)

Ive tried that, just did it again to be sure.......same result.....:-(

Ive tried that, just did it again to be sure.......same result.....:-(

It might be nothing wrong. If you go to the programme slot that is blank on the EPG, but you see the programme description, then there may be no error. What can happen is that the programme is long running, say for more than an hour, and the text is no longer visible. To check whether this is the case change the text alignment from left aligned to right aligned and see if it shows up. If it does then that’s your problem.

Another thing you could try is keeping the EPG history for, say, one hour. (It’s a setting.) See if the entries are then shown. It could be that CrossEPG only downloads program names for programmes that started a set interval back - e.g. not more than 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Anyone know if you can reprogram the FAV button on the remote to bring up the Favourites Boutique rather than the list of boutiques

It might be nothing wrong. If you go to the programme slot that is blank on the EPG, but you see the programme description, then there may be no error. What can happen is that the programme is long running, say for more than an hour, and the text is no longer visible. To check whether this is the case change the text alignment from left aligned to right aligned and see if it shows up. If it does then that’s your problem.

Another thing you could try is keeping the EPG history for, say, one hour. (It’s a setting.) See if the entries are then shown. It could be that CrossEPG only downloads program names for programmes that started a set interval back - e.g. not more than 1 hour.

The programme Info is there yes, but no title.....tried everything you suggested to no avail.....same on Webif which is where I discovered it first when trying to setup auto timers for my Mum....(she's the Emmerdale fan not me :-)

Can anyone else specifically see Emmerdale entries (in other words is it definitely just my box thats acting up?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Hi All, up and running a few days now!
    Thanks to NewClareman for sharing his image.
    So far the main issue I'm having is accessing recordings.
    The playlist button brings up a blank Enhanced Movie Centre with no option to navigate up a level. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the 'Movie Organiser' plugin but don't really know.
    Any ideas on how to solve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Can anyone else specifically see Emmerdale entries (in other words is it definitely just my box thats acting up?)

I certainly can using EPG search in Webif. HTH.

For people using recordings i will assume you have a usb or hdd initialized and setup correctly as ext4 for correct usage on linux machines
    Pressing the list button should show your listings on the hdd.

Do people setup their source for epg and download sources during the night automatically to usb or hdd.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭swoofer

when you press playlist it can start with a little squiggle and on the right it should show recording path eg /usb/media/hdd is on mine.

While on squiggle press ok and directory should open. Have you recorded anything and have you set up the hdd?

The programme Info is there yes, but no title.....tried everything you suggested to no avail.....same on Webif which is where I discovered it first when trying to setup auto timers for my Mum....(she's the Emmerdale fan not me :-)

Just an update on this.....Any programme with the programme name 'Emmerdale' was not showing on my box for whatever reason.....Overnight (Subsequent to whatever processing that CrossEPG did) it now shows correctly in the listings....so whatever about the manual execution of an EPG download, the overnight download/processing at 4am obviously does something more....

Do you have a listed channel timers waiting or done that show something.

Do you have a listed channel timers waiting or done that show something.

I had auto timers set up for Emmerdale yesterday which did not show in the timers list....that is until this morning...

My boxes i use a different way to set recordings as when on that channel i can press my red button to show those 3-7 days of epg,find my program and press green to set timer and if needed i could change daily to weekly if needed and green to confirm. Maybe its just way i got used to setting up recordings for those boxes.
    On my saoirview box only option is epg to setup recordings.

I have a couple of recordings I can see on webif. This is what I see when I press play list

2i3LM51

Edit: Flickr photo not showing
    https://flic.kr/p/2i3LM51

My boxes i use a different way to set recordings as when on that channel i can press my red button to show those 3-7 days of epg,find my program and press green to set timer and if needed i could change daily to weekly if needed and green to confirm. Maybe its just way i got used to setting up recordings for those boxes.
    On my saoirview box only option is epg to setup recordings.

It's really down to personal preference and what works best for you....As NCM says its 'Wifey Friendly' (or in my case 'Mum Friendly') and that's whats important here. I use the auto timer primarily because I'm away a lot and the auto timer is the closest thing you'll get to a series link... I use it to set auto timers (through Webif) for all the soaps which my mum watches and once set I don't have to worry about re-setting timers each week... fiddley to set up each timer i guess but once you've done one or two it becomes second nature....my mum then knows how to set a timer through the remote control/EPG if necessary but the regular repeating programmes are always there for her...

neilc wrote: »
    I have a couple of recordings I can see on webif. This is what I see when I press play list

2i3LM51

Edit: Flickr photo not showing
    https://flic.kr/p/2i3LM51

I think you can change the location in settings where that 'Play List' button opens so that it can see your 'Recorded TV' list as opposed to your 'Movie' list...

I think you can change the location in settings where that 'Play List' button opens so that it can see your 'Recorded TV' list as opposed to your 'Movie' list...
    Found where you can assign button functions in settings alright but Play List doesn't seem to be listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cwboy

Recently my EPG list is not updating. I have to go into the plugin and do a force reload.
    Any ideas why this might be happening?
    Also the movie browser plug in crashes every time I run it.
    Thanks

Advertisement