Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Have a look in settings as there might be something for front display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Thanks for the new image NCM. Is there any way to turn off the bright white lights on the front of the box?

Unfortunately not, it's a pain. Some people use semi-transparent tape to tone them down.

Thanks for the new image NCM. Is there any way to turn off the bright white lights on the front of the box?

I turned off the bright lights when I first got
    The Tiviar Alpha plus.Bright lights can be turned off from menu/settingd/configuration/display settings/front light brightness/turn off..But that was with the fortis image it came with...

I turned off the bright lights when I first got
    The Tiviar Alpha plus.Bright lights can be turned off from menu/settingd/configuration/display settings/front light brightness/turn off..But that was with the fortis image it came with...

There doesn’t appear to be a similar setting on OpenATV, unless you can point to one. Did you change to OpenATV, and did the lights stay off?

There doesn’t appear to be a similar setting on OpenATV, unless you can point to one. Did you change to OpenATV, and did the lights stay off?

Hi NewClareman...I never got around to changing as I was out of action for a couple of months after getting the box...Its only now I am gking through the posts again and reading about the images.The only thing i kinda miss is the 7 day epg for freesat,but I can book recordings,so I manage alright..To be honest,not being able to turn off those bright lights would bug me...Pity they cant be turned off with OpenATV..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭swoofer

Do the lights stay off when you update to Enigma 2 image?

swoofer wrote: »
    Do the lights stay off when you update to Enigma 2 image?

He didn't change to Enigma 2, so we don't know, however I would be amazed if they didn't stay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I am really sorry for this, as I am on the learning curve.
    Really like the box, and a big thanks to all.

Where do I find the new update ?
    I have checked the first post, but cannot find it anywhere.

Do I just download it to a USB drive, and flash ?

Thanks and apologies for my silly post

PacMan wrote: »

Where do I find the new update ?

Use the LINK in the first post and use the latest backup.
    PacMan wrote: »
    Do I just download it to a USB drive, and flash ?
    Follow the instructions in this LINK and then follow the instructions in Post 925.

On a windows PC the TiviarAlphaplus should be visible in windows explorer, under network. To load the image on the Tiviar just drag and drop it to TIVIARAPLUS-Harddisk-images. When you start todo an online flash, as shown in the pictures, the new image will now be available to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Thanks so much :)
    Will try when i get home this evening.

• Advertisement

I got my Tiviar box today going on from this thread. I have the latest image from this thread flashed. Tomorrow I'll bring the box over to my relative's house and connect it up. I was linked to this post for setting up Saorview (I have tuned in the saorview stuff before when I had a TVHeadend setup on my laptop with a usb tuner). Is there a similar post in this thead for the freesat stuff? I've never set up freesat before. For all I know it's child's play......cheers!

NCM I was talking to you over on THHB's image thread....I completely forgot I had used your September image. Totally shocked! Could have sworn I had flashed it with THHB's. You see I flashed it back then but only recently got a chance to hook it up. I totally misremembered.

Anyway I'll update it to your latest image. I assume it's the same process i.e put the unextracted zip in the "images" folder and "flash on the fly"? Sorry for my mess up.

Can your latest image be setup so that my brother can used the numbering from his Ferguson box on the Tiviar? I mean on the Ferguson for example "43" is Paramount so if he hits 43 on the Tiviar it could also give him Paramount? And do that for all 140 channels? That would make for an easier transition for him. I don't mind doing a bit of donkey work moving the channels around and setting it up for him.

NCM I was talking to you over on THHB's image thread....I completely forgot I had used your September image. Totally shocked! Could have sworn I had flashed it with THHB's. You see I flashed it back then but only recently got a chance to hook it up. I totally misremembered.

Anyway I'll update it to your latest image. I assume it's the same process i.e put the unextracted zip in the "images" folder and "flash on the fly"? Sorry for my mess up.

Can your latest image be setup so that my brother can used the numbering from his Ferguson box on the Tiviar? I mean on the Ferguson for example "43" is Paramount so if he hits 43 on the Tiviar it could also give him Paramount? And do that for all 140 channels? That would make for an easier transition for him. I don't mind doing a bit of donkey work moving the channels around and setting it up for him.

Yes, you need to edit my custommix file, located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom. You can use my file as a guide and there’s a text file with full instructions, in the same directory. It’s a fair amount of work to renumber everything. The good news is that frequency changes will be then be handled automatically.

It may be possible, and easier, to do the same with a favourites list. However, another forum member would have to advise you, on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Having an issue with recordings. I have an autotimer setup to start 1 minute before programme start time and finish 5 minutes after programme end time, the problem is I always miss the last minute or 2 of the programme. When I check the recording it never seems to run the 5 minutes past the programme end time. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,413 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

hbab2009 wrote: »
    Having an issue with recordings. I have an autotimer setup to start 1 minute before programme start time and finish 5 minutes after programme end time, the problem is I always miss the last minute or 2 of the programme. When I check the recording it never seems to run the 5 minutes past the programme end time. Any suggestions?

Have used recording a few minutes before and after previously and it has recorded as requested. Are you sure the show isn't over running more than the 5 minutes you have added?

no I checked that, the show isn't running over and eventhough my timer is set up for 66 minutes it only records for 62 minutes. I think I might clear all timers and autotimers and set up a new autotimer with + 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Change the default padding under the recording settings for all timers.
    (from memory so wording not exact)
    SETUP>RECORDING & TIMESHIFT>RECORDINGS>MARGINS.....

Thank you Gerry, that worked

Any idea why most of the epg would be blank? I see this problem a fair bit...

Sound like you have not setup your epg source to download to usb stick or hdd.

hbab2009 wrote: »
    Any idea why most of the epg would be blank? I see this problem a fair bit...

It really depends on which build version you’re using. The earlier versions used CrossEPG to populate the EPG. I started having the same problem you’re having, which is why I made a new build. The new build uses EPGRefresh to populate the EPG. It takes a while, but so far I have found it very reliable. If you’re using the latest build the instructions to force the EPG update are given in this post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

I have just posted an updated version of this build, to the link in the first post. As always, all credit goes to the team who build the core enigma2 software, and those who built the various plugins.
    ...[/I]

Haven't checked in here in 6 months or so but I just want to say thanks for the efforts NewClareman, much appreciated. Everything has been working great since I got setup originally. Looking forward to updating to the most recent update above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

limktime wrote: »
    Haven't checked in here in 6 months or so but I just want to say thanks for the efforts NewClareman, much appreciated. Everything has been working great since I got setup originally. Looking forward to updating to the most recent update above.

☝️This! I never properly thanked NCM for this setup and his help via pm when I was initially setting up mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

Is this - PANASONIC DMR-HWT150EB Freeview Play - any use guys?

Got rid of sky after a lengthy battle a few months ago and its a pleasure not handing over 115 a month.

Currently using the Ariva 154 off the ariel and sky dish. 165 channels lots of HD ones and works perfectly except the recording part is very poor.

Can anyone recommend this or something better than the ariva.

Thanks you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

tmabr wrote: »

Got rid of sky after a lengthy battle a few months ago and its a pleasure not handing over 115 a month.

Currently using the Ariva 154 off the ariel and sky dish. 165 channels lots of HD ones and works perfectly except the recording part is very poor.

Thanks you

That is a UK terrestrial (DVB-T/2) receiver.
    It has no satellite tuners from what I have accessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads my external usb powered hard drive has started to disconnect itself, am I missing a setting somewhere. Unplug and put back in works perfectly, however that's no good for the kids if I'm at work.

Make sure your hdd is ext4 as if not seen it wont play your recordings.+i dont rely on usb passport as they can fail to connect if usb port is dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭decor58

tmabr wrote: »

Thanks you[/quote

As has been said this intended for the UK terrestrial market, freeview play not available here. I have one, great box, reliable, no problem with Saorview but no satellite.

Zgemma H7s 4K

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭John mac

HI all ,
    still cant get this flashed ,
    have tried flash drive,
    wont accept dragging into folder, 502979.jpg
    502980.jpg
    502981.jpg
    502982.jpg

what am i doing wrong ? #

• Advertisement

Most of the time its a bad usb as e2 boxes are fussy,kingston,integral and cruzer work for me 8gb stick.
    fat 32 setup and image extracted to usb and plugged into rear when powered off and power on and follow any instructions needed to start it flashing.No other usb devices plugged into box.

Advertisement