Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭swoofer

I was applying logic and common sense. This thread is for a Tiviar and the OP has a zgemma H7S. There is a separate thread for the zgemma. So on this thread there will be tiviar users and the other will have zgemma = simples.

But if you are saying your image can be loaded on any enigma 2 box then you should edit the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭NewClareman

swoofer wrote: »
    I was applying logic and common sense. This thread is for a Tiviar and the OP has a zgemma H7S. There is a separate thread for the zgemma. So on this thread there will be tiviar users and the other will have zgemma = simples.

But if you are saying your image can be loaded on any enigma 2 box then you should edit the first post.

I know you're trying to be helpful but much of the information on this thread applies to any Enigma2 box. By the way, the same applies to the "Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB" thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fireless

Using NCM latest 6.3
    sudden loss of signal while watching BBC4, suspected LNB, fitted new dish and quad LNB, aligned dish to 28.2 and checked reception all OK.
    Still no signal on tuner A or B but if I change PID up one in 'tuner config.' get signal on both A and B still no program signal for any satellite station and no EPG now (must have wiped it while trying to download) have not tried to reflash as I have some programs that I don't want to lose.

fireless wrote: »
    Using NCM latest 6.3
    sudden loss of signal while watching BBC4, suspected LNB, fitted new dish and quad LNB, aligned dish to 28.2 and checked reception all OK.
    Still no signal on tuner A or B but if I change PID up one in 'tuner config.' get signal on both A and B still no program signal for any satellite station and no EPG now (must have wiped it while trying to download) have not tried to reflash as I have some programs that I don't want to lose.

I suspect that you have aligned the dish to the wrong satellite, which is very easy to do. (If you are pointed at the wrong satellite you lose the EPG, as well as not receiving channels.) To check, run ABM, which will automatically tune in the correct frequencies, and the satellite channels that use them, if they are being received.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭joejoew

I've spent the last few weeks setting up my Tiviar box with NCM's image and have managed to get everything working well thanks to all the advice here and on the main Tiviar Alpha Plus thread. I knew nothing when I started so it's been an interesting journey!

I only seem to have one issue which must be down to a setting which I inadvertently changed somewhere along the way... every 3 or 4 days the bouquets reset and I end up with lots bouquets/channels which I don't want and the channel order is also reset. It's even including bouquets which weren't visible on the original NCM image.

Any advice much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭greasepalm

joejoew wrote: »
    I've spent the last few weeks setting up my Tiviar box with NCM's image and have managed to get everything working well thanks to all the advice here and on the main Tiviar Alpha Plus thread. I knew nothing when I started so it's been an interesting journey!

I only seem to have one issue which must be down to a setting which I inadvertently changed somewhere along the way... every 3 or 4 days the bouquets reset and I end up with lots bouquets/channels which I don't want and the channel order is also reset. It's even including bouquets which weren't visible on the original NCM image.

Any advice much appreciated.

If you set abm or auto bouquets up for daily scan your lists will get changed.
    Make sure neither are setup on box then your bouquets will stay as they were.

greasepalm wrote: »

Brilliant, abm was set up for daily scan so have changed it now.
    Thanks a mill :)

Yeah, it's quite a journey alright.
    I only seem to have one issue which must be down to a setting which I inadvertently changed somewhere along the way... every 3 or 4 days the bouquets reset and I end up with lots bouquets/channels which I don't want and the channel order is also reset.

ABM is set up to scan for channel changes, every night. It automatically updates the bouquets with any new Freesat/Sky channel changes. If you make changes to bouquets, e.g. by using the WebIF, these will be reversed.

You have two options to customise bouquets, depending on how deep in you want to go. The simplist approach is to set up your own favorites list. You then need to configure ABM to keep this bouquet. This option has the advantage that it is easy to add/remove channels from the favorites list, even using the remote.

If you want to change channels in one of the existing bouquets you need to edit the custom mix file. If you search this thread I've given details on how to do this. Its not difficult, once you get the hang of it.
    It's even including bouquets which weren't visible on the original NCM image.
    You must have been playing with the ABM settings. You can select any mix of Freesat/Sky bouquets you want.

Disabling ABM is not recommended. The whole purpose of this thread is to provide a solution that is simple to implement and that automatically handles channel changes.

You would suggest for him to use abm and have his list on his own bouquet which is not touched by abm scan.I am unsure of that bouquet name which is not touched?

You would suggest for him to use abm and have his list on his own bouquet which is not touched by abm scan.I am unsure of that bouquet name which is not touched?

You can create a bouquet with any name you want. You can also set ABM to ignore it, once it is not the same name as a Freesat/Sky bouquet you want to use.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's quite a journey alright.

ABM is set up to scan for channel changes, every night. It automatically updates the bouquets with any new Freesat/Sky channel changes. If you make changes to bouquets, e.g. by using the WebIF, these will be reversed.

You have two options to customise bouquets, depending on how deep in you want to go. The simplist approach is to set up your own favorites list. You then need to configure ABM to keep this bouquet. This option has the advantage that it is easy to add/remove channels from the favorites list, even using the remote.

If you want to change channels in one of the existing bouquets you need to edit the custom mix file. If you search this thread I've given details on how to do this. Its not difficult, once you get the hang of it.

You must have been playing with the ABM settings. You can select any mix of Freesat/Sky bouquets you want.

Disabling ABM is not recommended. The whole purpose of this thread is to provide a solution that is simple to implement and that automatically handles channel changes.

Thanks for this (and for all the previous posts which I've been disgesting for a couple of months now).
    I'll have a look back through the thread and give this a go.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭timmyjimmy

hi All, do catch up tv apps still work on linux boxes? If so, can someone direct me towards where I might some of these apps. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fireless

Hi using NCM 6.3 with mods for 3rock and a new Favourites bouquet which I have loaded with data.
    I noticed while aligning aerials that there is no signal from tuner C set up for Saorview but if the channel is changed to 35 instead of 21 signals appear.
    Would it be advisable to make 35 the default value and if so where can this be done? M.any thanks to NCM for reply and just to let you know that a reload of image was required but I have now backed it up as I should have done before

Three Rock on zgemma h7s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭tech

Three Rock on zgemma h7s

HI Greasepalm what OS is that, I have aH7s running Open vix

tech wrote: »
    HI Greasepalm what OS is that, I have aH7s running Open vix

OPENVIX 5.3.039
    VIX NIGHT-hd -skin

fireless wrote: »
    Hi using NCM 6.3 with mods for 3rock and a new Favourites bouquet which I have loaded with data.
    I noticed while aligning aerials that there is no signal from tuner C set up for Saorview but if the channel is changed to 35 instead of 21 signals appear.
    Would it be advisable to make 35 the default value and if so where can this be done? M.any thanks to NCM for reply and just to let you know that a reload of image was required but I have now backed it up as I should have done before

With this build you set up your Saorview region under 'Provider', in ABM. ABM uses this information when it does its scheduled scan.

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    hi All, do catch up tv apps still work on linux boxes? If so, can someone direct me towards where I might some of these apps. Thanks.

The RTÉ app no longer works. The UK apps (ITV and BBC) are installed in this build but are geolocked.

Three Rock on zgemma h7s
    OPENVIX 5.3.039
    VIX NIGHT-hd -skin

This thread is dedicated to a specific build, based on OpenATV. it only confuses people bringing in other information.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Can I use 32 gb drive to flash this? How important is internet connectivity?

• Advertisement

8 gb max,yes very handy to have a lan connection

darced wrote: »
    Can I use 32 gb drive to flash this?

It may, or may not, work - it depends on the particular drive. You won't lose anything by trying.
    How important is internet connectivity?
    It depends on your particular requirements. You don't need internet connectivity just for watching tv and recording programmes. The EPG is downloaded from the satellite or terrestrial transmitter, so no internet required.

You need Internet connectivity to:
    • Get information on films/tv programmes from the internet database.
    • Listen to Internet radio.

Can I use 32 gb drive to flash this?

It may, or may not, work - it depends on the particular drive. You won't lose anything by trying.
    How important is internet connectivity?
    It depends on your particular requirements. You don't need internet connectivity just for watching tv and recording programmes. The EPG is downloaded from the satellite or terrestrial transmitter, so no internet required.

You need Internet connectivity to:
    • Get information on films/tv programmes from the internet database.
    • Listen to Internet radio.

Moving files from one box to another lan is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Also Handy to have the Lan connected for using webif
    also on a couple of occasions when my box crashed I was able to reboot it through telnet rather than switching it off at the mains

just connected the box there, there is a sky type skin on it already.

Does this need to go?

When i download the latest backup,do I open the zip or just add it to the usb as is?

Havent flashed a box in ages
    But from what I remember
    You extract the zip so there is just a folder called enigma2 i think it was

Thats it flashed there now, looks great. I have no wifi, whats the easiest way to get the picons? connect to the router? download the folder on laptop and send across?

Yeah connect the lan of the box to your router
    And use something like filezilla / reflections to transfer the picons

I stored mine on the hdd of the box

You could also use a cheap usb drive and leave them on that permanently plugged in I think

Or possibly saved in flash memory of the box depending on how much free memory is available I would imagine newer boxes have a lot more memory than they used to back in the day of the amiko alien :-)

• Advertisement

Yeah connect the lan of the box to your router
    And use something like filezilla / reflections to transfer the picons

I stored mine on the hdd of the box

You could also use a cheap usb drive and leave them on that permanently plugged in I think

I want it on the HDD, anyone got a quick guide for the filezilla process?

Advertisement