Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

darced wrote: »
    I want it on the HDD, anyone got a quick guide for the filezilla process?
    I think filezilla is straight forward
    On the top of the screen you have Host ( IP address of the Box )
    Username ( my duo 2 is root )
    Password of your box
    Then hit quick connect

You should have 2 panels 1 is the box and the other is your pc

Locate the files on your pc and drag it across

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I think filezilla is straight forward
    On the top of the screen you have Host ( IP address of the Box )
    Username ( my duo 2 is root )
    Password of your box
    Then hit quick connect

You should have 2 panels 1 is the box and the other is your pc

Locate the files on your pc and drag it across

perfect all working lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

darced wrote: »
    perfect all working lovely.

Well done glad you got sorted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Hopefully an easy fix.
    Have ftp'd a video file to the box with 2 audio tracks on it.
    Can't for the life of me figure out how to switch audio track.

Thanks

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Try your audio button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭NewClareman

gar wrote: »
    Hopefully an easy fix.
    Have ftp'd a video file to the box with 2 audio tracks on it.
    Can't for the life of me figure out how to switch audio track.

This key should work...

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Can anyone post a link please, to obtain the irish and UK channel picons.
    I am missing rather a lot, including the virgin 1/2/3 and RTE news and BBC radio station picons

Many thanks and much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

This key should work...

Yup that's the one!
    Thanks so much

PacMan wrote: »
    Can anyone post a link please, to obtain the irish and UK channel picons.
    I am missing rather a lot, including the virgin 1/2/3 and RTE news and BBC radio station picons

Many thanks and much appreciated.

If you're using my build, dsayers picon updater is already built in. If you run this it will update most of your picons. (It does miss a small few.)

e2piconizer appears to be the recommended plugin, if you're not using my build. (However, I have not tested this.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Virgin is usually a problem because the picons are labelled Virgin Media One instead of Virgin Media 1. RTE News is broken because they recently dropped the "Now" from the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

JDxtra wrote: »
    Virgin is usually a problem because the picons are labelled Virgin Media One instead of Virgin Media 1. RTE News is broken because they recently dropped the "Now" from the name.

FTP into the folder where picons live and rename to match the service name (i.e. from Virgin Media One to Virgin Media 1. Should start working immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

dulpit wrote: »
    FTP into the folder where picons live and rename to match the service name (i.e. from Virgin Media One to Virgin Media 1. Should start working immediately.

Don't rename, copy and rename the copy so you have both versions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You can also SCP connect to the box and create a symbolic link from the command line, like the following...

cd /picon/
    ln -s -f virginmediaone.png virginmedia1.png
    ln -s -f virginmediatwo.png virginmedia2.png
    ln -s -f virginmediathree.png virginmedia3.png

I just had a quick look and the above icons were already ok, on my latest build. If they aren't, just open the Dsayers picon updater and run SNP_Picon_Updater. This updates the radio picons, as well.
    By the way, you can access the picon folder directly from windows, avoiding the need for an ftp client.

dulpit wrote: »
    Don't rename, copy and rename the copy so you have both versions
    You can also SCP connect to the box and create a symbolic link from the command line, like the following...

cd /picon/
    ln -s -f virginmediaone.png virginmedia1.png
    ln -s -f virginmediatwo.png virginmedia2.png
    ln -s -f virginmediathree.png virginmedia3.png

I know everyone is just trying to help, but this thread/build is really meant for the average Joe Soap. Options such as secure ftp, let alone symbolic links, will only frighten these people off. I'd really appreciate it if:

1. People not using this build only post when they are certain that their response is actually relevant. (Some recent posts, not the above, did not apply to this build.)
    2. Answers requiring technical knowledge, such as the above, were kept for the main Tiviar Alpha+ thread, which tends to attract enthusiasts with the appropriate knowledge.

I just had a quick look and the above icons were already ok, on my latest build. If they aren't, just open the Dsayers picon updater and run SNP_Picon_Updater. This updates the radio picons, as well.
    By the way, you can access the picon folder directly from windows, avoiding the need for an ftp client.

Thanks so much for all the answers.
    Will have a go at this when I get home, later this evening.
    Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mehico

Anyone know if it is possible to have tv and radio channels on the same custom bouquet?

mehico wrote: »
    Anyone know if it is possible to have tv and radio channels on the same custom bouquet?

Thats one question I can answer.
    And yes I have it done.

Select the channels you want and move to your selected bouquet.
    Not at home now, but I think its number 8 (Enable move)

I am sure that other contributors can be more technical, but yes it can be done.

mehico wrote: »
    PacMan wrote: »
    Thats one question I can answer.
    And yes I have it done.

Select the channels you want and move to your selected bouquet.
    Not at home now, but I think its number 8 (Enable move)

I am sure that other contributors can be more technical, but yes it can be done.

If using ABM, which my build does, the changes will be overwritten if channels are moved into Freesat/Sky Bouquets. One option would be to create your own bouquet and move the channels into this. You then configure ABM to ignore that bouquet. The simplest option would be to use the favorites bouquet. If you want to add radio channels to Freesat/ Sky tv bouquets you woul have to modify the custom mix file.

Just to say that I haven't tried moving radio channels into a mixed list, so relying on PacMan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

NewClareman - I just flashed the 6.3 image on a second Tiviar box I have from your link above, and it looks very spiffy - very GUI friendly!

Since I have still very limited knowledge, but learning tru stupid costly mistakes, it seems to be looking for a password to get into the settings menu, and other sub-menus?

Also, I assume the password will give me access to the HDD, so where do I upload the Picon folder and the Settings folders to?
    One more - I assume I'll need to retune the Saorview tuner since I'm living in Meath?

• Advertisement

That's OK ... I found the password

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭swoofer

sqsq keep your queries on this thread as its dedicated to NCM image.

Hope your re-flash goes ok and read through all the instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭swoofer

sqsqswqdwdwq has posted in the wrong thread, this is the query.

"
    Quick follow-up - I re-downloaded your 6.3 and re-imaged my Tiviar box. Now, when I press Menu, then Blue, I get more choices where i can get into ABM/Providers/.... as you describe in the a above link.
    Haven't got time right now, but I'm looking fwd to having another go in a few days when I get back. Thx"

Hopefully, I'm in the correct thread this time...

NCM's 6.3 image is working real nice, with a pleasant change to having no BSODs - unlike my previous 6.4 image.

Just couple of questions:
    When I hit the "Recordings" tab in the EPG, I get the attached "Movie Center" pic. I understand that the live TV program Recordings live in the "RecordedTVProgrammes" folder?.

Is there a way that when I hit "Recordings" in the EPG, it will go straight into the "ReordedTVProgrammes: folder without the rest of the folders showing?
    I tried to change the Root Directory in the "Movie List Set" settings (EPG-Recordings-Movie Center-Menu-Settings-Root directory), now set to /media/hdd. When I hit the < > keys, it gives me most path-combos except the needed /media/hdd/RecordeddTVProgrammes choice.
    Was the system mapped that way to give the user a choice fishing out of different folders?? - e.g. if I downloaded a movie, I could click into the "movies" folder? But I wonder about why I'd need to click on the IPTVCache or backup_openatv_tiviaraplus, or timeshift folders?

Btw- when I click on the Remote Control's Play List button (labeled "Watch Recorded Programs"), I can navigate to the same folders as above (Attached EMC pic)

Is there a way that when I hit "Recordings" in the EPG, it will go straight into the "ReordedTVProgrammes: folder without the rest of the folders showing?
    I tried to change the Root Directory in the "Movie List Set" settings (EPG-Recordings-Movie Center-Menu-Settings-Root directory), now set to /media/hdd. When I hit the < > keys, it gives me most path-combos except the needed /media/hdd/RecordeddTVProgrammes choice.
    Was the system mapped that way to give the user a choice fishing out of different folders?? - e.g. if I downloaded a movie, I could click into the "movies" folder? But I wonder about why I'd need to click on the IPTVCache or backup_openatv_tiviaraplus, or timeshift folders?

I have uploaded a new image, as it appears there may be an issue with the last one. When you hit the Green Button (Recordings) in the EPG it should go straight to the "RecordedTVProgrammes" folder. The only difference is that it uses Movie Center, rather than EMC. (I haven't found an easy way to make EMC launch from the Green Button on the EPG.)

There is one big change, with this image. It uses a favourites list to organise the most watched channels. This allows the list to be changed without any programming.

I have uploaded a new image, as it appears there may be an issue with the last one. When you hit the Green Button (Recordings) in the EPG it should go straight to the "RecordedTVProgrammes" folder. The only difference is that it uses Movie Center, rather than EMC. (I haven't found an easy way to make EMC launch from the Green Button on the EPG.)

There is one big change, with this image. It uses a favourites list to organise the most watched channels. This allows the list to be changed without any programming.

The image that I can see seems to be dated 20200124 ...... is that the 'new image' that you referred to above?

The image that I can see seems to be dated 20200124 ...... is that the 'new image' that you referred to above?

No, that's a year old. Look at the one under latest image, dated 8th Jan 2021.

No, that's a year old. Look at the one under latest image, dated 8th Jan 2021.

Should I use the "Settings file, for any box-20201207T152441Z-001.zip" file with your latest image?

Should I use the "Settings file, for any box-20201207T152441Z-001.zip" file with your latest image?

No, just use it exactly as is. The 'Settings File' is for anyone who wants to apply the same settings to any box using an existing version OpenATV 6.3/6.4. I have only tried it with a ZGEMMA H92H, but there is no reason why it shouldn't work with other boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Quick question, hopefully this makes sense...on the EPG when scheduling a recording for say tomorrow or later in the week when I set the recording it refreshes the EPG back to the current time and doesn't stay at the same position to continue recording shows in the future date. Is there any way to set it so when I add a recording the EPG stays here making it easier to then record future shows.

For example I go to record Prime Time on Thursday the recording is confirmed but EPG reverts back to right now instead of remaining at Prime Time.

Advertisement