Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Quick question, hopefully this makes sense...on the EPG when scheduling a recording for say tomorrow or later in the week when I set the recording it refreshes the EPG back to the current time and doesn't stay at the same position to continue recording shows in the future date. Is there any way to set it so when I add a recording the EPG stays here making it easier to then record future shows.

For example I go to record Prime Time on Thursday the recording is confirmed but EPG reverts back to right now instead of remaining at Prime Time.

Depending on the image you have, if you press the channel up/down button while in the EPG it will jump forward/ back by 24 hours. If thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Unsure with the image that your using on that channel if you press the red button does it give you epg on that channel and select that item and green + green timer set.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Depending on the image you have, if you press the channel up/down button while in the EPG it will jump forward/ back by 24 hours. If thats any help.
    greasepalm wrote: »
    Unsure with the image that your using on that channel if you press the red button does it give you epg on that channel and select that item and green + green timer set.

Yes that works it's more a case of annoying that it doesn't keep the EPG on the day I have made the recording from.

I only use the red button and green buttons for me as its easier to focus on one thing rather than many things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Quick question, hopefully this makes sense...on the EPG when scheduling a recording for say tomorrow or later in the week when I set the recording it refreshes the EPG back to the current time and doesn't stay at the same position to continue recording shows in the future date. Is there any way to set it so when I add a recording the EPG stays here making it easier to then record future shows.

For example I go to record Prime Time on Thursday the recording is confirmed but EPG reverts back to right now instead of remaining at Prime Time.

On the latest versions of this image you use the red button to record, when in the main EPG. When you hit it you can select the timer type you want. The EPG stays at its current location, as per your query.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

No, just use it exactly as is. The 'Settings File' is for anyone who wants to apply the same settings to any box using an existing version OpenATV 6.3/6.4. I have only tried it with a ZGEMMA H92H, but there is no reason why it shouldn't work with other boxes.

Finally got a little time to download and try your latest build.... Real nice and clean, and yes, the "Recordings" button in the EPG does default the "RecordedTVProgrammes" folder.

Quick Question about the E2iPlayer: I notice that you've included the RTE Player and Virginmediatelevision player in the 1st level of 5 apps. From previous threads, I read that there were issues with the RTE Player app. But on this build, since it's included, I assume it's functional, so is there some config that needs to be done to try and get it to work?

E.G. - when I hit the E2iPlayer download manager, I get a Download Error from the http://www.rte.ie/manifests/newsnow.f4m page. I tried hitting the same page on my W10 laptop browser, and I get a Page not Found error.
    I get a "No Valid Links Available" error msg from the Virginmediatelevision pages. I get similar errors from the other 3 apps that are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

No, just use it exactly as is. The 'Settings File' is for anyone who wants to apply the same settings to any box using an existing version OpenATV 6.3/6.4. I have only tried it with a ZGEMMA H92H, but there is no reason why it shouldn't work with other boxes.

Hi NewClareman. I don't see this any box file on the google drive share. Could you point me to it? I'm intersted in trying it out on my ZGEMMA H7S. Thanks.

While I was browsing around in the latest NCM build, I notice that there were several duplicate folders in the File Browser and EMC (see attached pics).

It appears that the main difference is the case-sensitivity of the folder names - e.g. IPTVCache vs Iptvcache. I'm wondering if I unintentionally did that by messing with one of the settings, or if there's something else going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

While I was browsing around in the latest NCM build, I notice that there were several duplicate folders in the File Browser and EMC (see attached pics).

It appears that the main difference is the case-sensitivity of the folder names - e.g. IPTVCache vs Iptvcache. I'm wondering if I unintentionally did that by messing with one of the settings, or if there's something else going on?

Files and folder names are case sensitive in Linux so those are completely different folders.
    It does though look unintentional ...... and seems likely caused by your "messing" :)

Files and folder names are case sensitive in Linux so those are completely different folders.
    It does though look unintentional ...... and seems likely caused by your "messing" :)

Thanks ..... but I don't know what I could have been messing at to create those dups, I certainly didn't create folders and name them like the pics in my previous thread.

I'll probably initialise my HDD, disable myself from messing, and see if those dups happen again.

• Advertisement

Thanks ..... but I don't know what I could have been messing at to create those dups, I certainly didn't create folders and name them like the pics in my previous thread.

I'll probably initialise my HDD, disable myself from messing, and see if those dups happen again.

You will lose anything that is stored on drive:eek::eek:.

Maybe you tried a different image which changed your folders / directories?

i did and its still there as moved back to vix.

You will lose anything that is stored on drive:eek::eek:.

Maybe you tried a different image which changed your folders / directories?

i did and its still there as moved back to vix.

Thanks for the heads-up greasepalm, but I just loaded NCM's latest 6.3 image, initialised the HDD, and re-populated his Boutiques via the Editor in OpenWebif. So I have got nothing much on the HDD at the moment; I assume another initialisation won't do any harm to get the HDD back to square 1. I suppose while I'm at it, I might as well re-image the box again with the same build?

Depending on what you are doing as reflashing an image does not usually mess with the hdd.

As you more or less formatting it your starting afresh,not good if the hdd is 2 tb in size and half full of recordings.

You can use whatever image that floats your boat.

Depending on what you are doing as reflashing an image does not usually mess with the hdd.

As you more or less formatting it your starting afresh,not good if the hdd is 2 tb in size and half full of recordings.

You can use whatever image that floats your boat.

I reloaded the image, initialised the HDD, resisted the temptation to "mess", and so far, so good.

But I have another question: I scheduled a few series and non-series sample recordings overnight. I noticed that the Movie Organisor plugin works fine, and organises the [EPG/Recordings Movie Center screen folders, but it does not organise the Play List button/EMC screen, UNLESS, I go into the Movie Organisor plugin and manually hit the Run Now yellow button.
    BTW - I have the plugin (ver 2.16) set to run every 1/2 hour. Any ideas?

No as my other boxes use a different image and not running that plugin Sorry

derekbro wrote: »
    Hi NewClareman. I don't see this any box file on the google drive share. Could you point me to it? I'm intersted in trying it out on my ZGEMMA H7S. Thanks.

Its now there in a folder called settings back-up. In the Tiviar its placed in the folder \\TIVIARAPLUS\Harddisk\backup_openatv_tiviaraplus

Before running it install and update the two plugins for Movie Organisor and Tune In Radio. (I have just placed both plugins in the root directory.) Anything else needed should download automatically. However, if doesn't, or you're not connected online, you'll need to install ABM manually.

As always, all credit goes to the creators of these plugins and the developers of the Enigma 2 and OpenATV software.

I reloaded the image, initialised the HDD, resisted the temptation to "mess", and so far, so good.

But I have another question: I scheduled a few series and non-series sample recordings overnight. I noticed that the Movie Organisor plugin works fine, and organises the [EPG/Recordings Movie Center screen folders, but it does not organise the Play List button/EMC screen, UNLESS, I go into the Movie Organisor plugin and manually hit the Run Now yellow button.
    BTW - I have the plugin (ver 2.16) set to run every 1/2 hour. Any ideas?

Movie Center and EMC are targeting the same folders, so it looks like Movie Organisor is working correctly. I suspect that EMC caches its list of folders, which it refreshes periodically. (Though I cannot find a setting for how often it polls or updates the information.) If you wait a short while EMC should update.

The latest version of that plugin is 2.18. I don't know what's changed, but probably best to update, as all the core Enigma2 files are up to date.

If you have a lot of recordings it can take a number of seconds for MovieOrganisor to run and the box will be unresponsive during this time. For that reason I set it to run every 24 hours.

Thanks for the heads-up greasepalm, but I just loaded NCM's latest 6.3 image, initialised the HDD, and re-populated his Boutiques via the Editor in OpenWebif. So I have got nothing much on the HDD at the moment; I assume another initialisation won't do any harm to get the HDD back to square 1. I suppose while I'm at it, I might as well re-image the box again with the same build?

The Boutiques should already be fully populated and are updated nightly by ABM. While I only show some of the available Boutiques, the full set of Freesat and Sky Boutiques are available and can be selected in the ABM configuration.

Any changes made to Boutiques via the OpenWebIF, other that the Favourites Group, will be overwritten by ABM when it runs each night. You can create new groups with new names, if you wish, and configure ABM to ignore these when updating.

Quick Question about the E2iPlayer: I notice that you've included the RTE Player and Virginmediatelevision player in the 1st level of 5 apps. From previous threads, I read that there were issues with the RTE Player app. But on this build, since it's included, I assume it's functional, so is there some config that needs to be done to try and get it to work?

Very few items on that list are now working. I just updated it and left it there in case it is of use to somebody. It is very unlikely that the RTE or Virgin Media players will ever work again, sorry.

For those that are into these things, a number of independent developers are now working on this plugin. If you go into the configuration menu you can select different GitHub repositories to update from. The current build had the most recent updates from all of them, on the date of the new image. I haven't tried any of the links, since I updated...

Can anybody identify the attached USB Wi-Fi dongle? If so, which driver should I pick from the plug-in list? Thx!

• Advertisement

Pity no name.

Can anybody identify the attached USB Wi-Fi dongle? If so, which driver should I pick from the plug-in list? Thx!

Best I can suggest is to plug it into a PC running Linux and run dmesg in a terminal which should provide all the info needed.

Do you have access to a terminal in the installed image?

Best I can suggest is to plug it into a PC running Linux and run dmesg in a terminal which should provide all the info needed.

No name on it at all ..... to be honest, I don't have a clue about Linux, and I just have a dangerous knowledge of Windows.

Yes - it's under extras, at the LHS of the menus. Username is root and password is tempass

Looking closely at it on a bigger screen,the socket end is not right as you dont see the connections exposed as all usb devices are shielded by the outer casing.Do a google search of usb wifi dongles.

Yes - it's under extras, at the LHS of the menus. Username is root and password is tempass

That would appear to be the best way of identifying the dongle so.

Plug in the device
    run the command dmesg and check the last few lines for information about the device.

That would appear to be the best way of identifying the dongle so.

Plug in the device
    run the command dmesg and check the last few lines for information about the device.

Yeah, that command correctly identifies my usb dongle.

Yeah, that command correctly identifies my usb dongle.

OK .... I loaded Ubuntu onto my W10 laptop, and am left with a blinking cursor in front of the "liam@DESKTOP-M7CJHQ2:~$" prompt.
    How do I access the Tiviar box on my network @(192.168.1.192) and or what commands do I use to get to that dmesg command. Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

OK .... I loaded Ubuntu onto my W10 laptop, and am left with a blinking cursor in front of the "liam@DESKTOP-M7CJHQ2:~$" prompt.
    How do I access the Tiviar box on my network @(192.168.1.192) and or what commands do I use to get to that dmesg command. Thx

ssh root@192.168.1.192 to access the Tiviar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

and to think we do these things for fun :p

Advertisement