Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wi-Fi heating option for a block of apartments

Options
  • 03-11-2018 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

A friend of mine asked me for some recommendations for some smart home ideas for an apartment block.
    Turns out they are really just interested in remote heating control

I'm to get back to him, I don't know how many units there are it could be 20 to 200

There's two things. This is not a best of thread it's about suitability , multiple commissioning, no clients yet etc

So it would need to behave offline like a traditional system so it should not need Wi-Fi to set up or operate

This is because someone needs to commission and set up So many units upfront

So I decided to avoid things that need a hub

I don't know what's on the system. But i think it will be just one motorised valve per unit.

Hive might be a good job.

However I like the look and simplicity of the heatmiser

https://www.heatmiser.com/en/smartstat-wifi-thermostat/

This can be set up traditionally and added to a domestic Wi-Fi network afterwards .
    Remember this is not what you'd recommend to a friend to set up at home. This is something for multiple units that won't have wifi or clients initially.

Thank you all, just seeing if you agree or if I'm missing something

I'm looking at tado , hive, netamo, heatmeiser, lightwaverf
    Sonoff, teben

I the amount of circuits is crucial. But at the moment i think it's just so.on or off per apartment

Thank you all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I've tried sonoff units. Very good. I didn't try one with the stat. You still need Wi-Fi to set it up. Where's are other units are proper standalone timeclocks with LCDs etc. Plus their CE Mark is speculative. Again I have them at home but for this i dont think they are the right choice.

Advertisement