Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think the time to get milner as a short term punt was a few weeks ago when henderson and keita were injured. For the weekend you have fabinho, henderson, wijnaldum, milner, keita and shaqiri going for 3 spots. Shaqiri or Keita will be one of those spots. I reckon there is a good chance he wont start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Maddison -> Richarlison for free.

I was going to do it during the break but the Maddison injury accelerated it.

Reversing my worst transfer of the season as Richarlison has returned 20+ points in the weeks I swapped him for Maddison, with the former blanking.

Richarlison will be in my team for the remainder of the season now barring injury.

Paully D wrote: »
    Maddison -> Richarlison for free.

I was going to do it during the break but the Maddison injury accelerated it.

Reversing my worst transfer of the season as Richarlison has returned 20+ points in the weeks I swapped him for Maddison, with the former blanking.

Richarlison will be in my team for the remainder of the season now barring injury.

He may now be injured so hopefully you havent made that transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Was thinking of maddison to Anderson but dithered and now Felipe's gone up i can't afford it. Prob looking at a -4.

Fraser to Brooks
    Maddison to Martial or sigurdsson

But not mad about a Fraser to Brooks aa part of a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He may now be injured so hopefully you havent made that transfer.

He trained all week according to a couple of Everton friends. Was given a rest day yesterday as a precaution but was at the training ground.

I’ve chanced it as there’s no one else I want in that price range and he’ll definitely be fit after the internationals anyway where he has Cardiff at home.

I have two playing subs in Gunnarsson and Wan-Bissaka in case of his abscence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I think Milner is as good a shout as anyone as a replacement for Maddison. I'm between him and Gudmundsson myself. The problem is that there are loads of options, but they're all very uninspiring and I don't want any of them long term.

My bench isn't too bad so I might even bank and review after the international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

tailgunner wrote: »
    I think Milner is as good a shout as anyone as a replacement for Maddison. I'm between him and Gudmundsson myself. The problem is that there are loads of options, but they're all very uninspiring and I don't want any of them long term.

My bench isn't too bad so I might even bank and review after the international break.

Milner is a good option but limits you to 2 other Liverpool players if Liverpool change tack and start banging the goals in again. The options at 6 million and less this season are terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    I asked this last week and it was poo pooed ........I now HAVE to get rid of Madison and I’m loooking at alternative options and apart from a 4.5 mid i isn’t seeing them !!!!
    Did he play midweek? The risk of rotation is really what has me hesitant

I wouldn't myself but should be a trigger for you to actually do it...

There's little going in that price range. So much so that in dropping Barkley I'm thinking of switching to an unversatile 4-3-3 formation with two sub 5.0 mids on bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

.1 short of maddison to martial. Anderson looks good but already have Arnie. Double west ham not a great idea is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

eh i dunno wrote: »
    .1 short of maddison to martial. Anderson looks good but already have Arnie. Double west ham not a great idea is it?

Home to Man City in GW13 isn't ideal for double West Ham. I was looking at it, but think it just creates another problem next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This Maddison injury has put me in an a terrible predicament.

The only attacker I want long term close enough to his bracket is Mahrez.

I already have Hazard, Salah, Richarlison, Arnie, Aguero, Wilson. It is probably in that order too that I would rank them. With that to do Maddy to Mahrez I need another to give way to fund it... and that now looks like Wilson to Jimenez.

I'm keen on Jimenez as I think he will return good scores for his worth but is Wilson still going to produce?

The only other option is Alonso or Robbo to downgrade to fund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Klopp just said Keita and Henderson are back so don’t think I’ll chance Milner
    I do also have enough money for Shaq.......I know that’s even sillier but he never ever ever lets me down when I bring him in
    Always for a week or 2 and then off he goes into the sunset for another season
    I’ve played very boring this year
    Boring has been good

So I prob shud sign Milner I guess LOL

Do ye reckon Josh Murphy is worth .3 over camarasa ?
    Not sure he is myself ............I’ve decided I’ll get martial in next week for knockaert so will downgrade Maddison this week to hell. I’ll keep mitro for gw 13

I have one eye on B.B. and also Xmas fixtures so I want a guaranteed starter so have ruled out Milner and diagana
    And don’t bother saying Kenedy LOL

Last 2 games camarasa has looked more of a threat but all from set pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Is there any sense in holding onto Maddison and just play Vokes next week, then to reassess after the international break?

Allison
    Alonso - Mendy - Duffy
    Hazard - Mane - Siggy - Fraser
    Aguero - Arnie - Vokes

Stek, Doherty, AWB, Maddison

Have the FT and a bit of change so I could go Maddison to Martial, but I wanted to have 2FT to play with after the internationals.

I also don't like bringing in top team players on champions league weeks, there's always some weird results!

Don't want to go double Everton so Ricky is out. I've considered Milner as well, but rotation. Don't like Watfords fixtures for Pereyra.

Or else I could downgrade Maddison to Kayal now for the value and overall plan of bringing in Sterling and/or Salah...

Any help or thoughts are welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

km79 wrote: »
    Do ye reckon Josh Murphy is worth .3 over camarasa ?
    Not sure he is myself ............I’ve decided I’ll get martial in next week for knockaert so will downgrade Maddison this week to hell. I’ll keep mitro for gw 13

I have one eye on B.B. and also Xmas fixtures so I want a guaranteed starter so have ruled out Milner and diagana
    And don’t bother saying Kenedy LOL

Last 2 games camarasa has looked more of a threat but all from set pieces

I'm no expert on Cardiff, but Ralls has just come back from injury. I'm pretty sure he had some of the set pieces before the injury, so he may impact Camarasa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

In 2 minds about West Ham attack now.
    Either a straight swap of Maddison-Anderson
    Or Maddison/Guendozi-Richy/Diangana

I like the idea of shipping Guendozi but it's for a hit.

Would give me some West Ham cover then maybe do Auba to Arnie after the City game.
    Also don't like not owning Richy.
    Hmmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

In 2 minds about West Ham attack now.
    Either a straight swap of Maddison-Anderson
    Or Maddison/Guendozi-Richy/Diangana

I like the idea of shipping Guendozi but it's for a hit.

Would give me some West Ham cover then maybe do Auba to Arnie after the City game.
    Also don't like not owning Richy.
    Hmmm....

West Ham do have great fixtures but it’s very hard to justify doubling up on their attack. Especially when Martial, Ricky, even Shaquiri are in the same bracket as Filipe A

Or get him and go for Jiminez/Success/Wilson instead of Arnie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Hart
    Mendy Alonso Holebas
    Salah (c) Mane Richy Diangana
    Aguero Arnie Wilson
    Haamer Bennet AWB Ward

Took out Mitro & Maddison
    for the two West Hame boys with - Arnie & Diangana.
    Few quid in the bank for upgrades after the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Tempted by Ramsay but his lack of minutes recently is a worry. Any indication from Emery if he's gonna start him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paully D wrote: »
    He trained all week according to a couple of Everton friends. Was given a rest day yesterday as a precaution but was at the training ground.

I’ve chanced it as there’s no one else I want in that price range and he’ll definitely be fit after the internationals anyway where he has Cardiff at home.

I have two playing subs in Gunnarsson and Wan-Bissaka in case of his abscence.

That is some great info hopefully. I really don't want to get rid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Fernandinho in for Knockaert.

Full City cover.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh (hamstring) will "probably, likely miss out" according to Chris Hughton in his press conference on Thursday, so Anthony Knockaert could be set for a recall and what would be his first league start since Gameweek 8.

HHHHMMMMMMMM..........If I bring in Murphy it will be a tough call between the 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wilson worth a punt?

Wilson worth a punt?

He isnt really a punt at this stage. One of the more consistent players in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pighead wrote: »
    Tempted by Ramsay but his lack of minutes recently is a worry. Any indication from Emery if he's gonna start him?

Will not start. Played 90 yesterday too.

Xhaka, Torreira, Ozil all back in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He played 90 last night and was fairly poor again. Don't see him starting on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If you're looking for an Arsenal mid to break your heart, Ozil is the man to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thinking of this 8 point hit

Maddison -> Mane
    Mitrovic -> Wilson
    Lacazette -> Arnie
    Boruc -> Hamer

Have Begovic & Fraser already

Want Liverpool cover, want Wilson despite alot of people getting burnt before with him. Dont want to give up Arsenal attacking cover but I think its worth it to cover the other 3 for one week at least. Might go for Ozil as a replacement down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Maddison & Hazard > Salah & Diangana worth it for a -4

If I don't get Salah in I only have MAne v Fulham at home, which just seems wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thinking of this 8 point hit

Maddison -> Mane
    Mitrovic -> Wilson
    Lacazette -> Arnie
    Boruc -> Hamer

Have Begovic & Fraser already

Want Liverpool cover, want Wilson despite alot of people getting burnt before with him. Dont want to give up Arsenal attacking cover but I think its worth it to cover the other 3 for one week at least. Might go for Ozil as a replacement down the line

Not near worth 8 points for me do you have enough just to do
    Maddison -> Mane
    Lacazette -> Arnie

If not I'd rethink the moves

Advertisement