Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Thoughts on Glen Murray?

Looking for a replacement for mitrovic and he seems like the best option. I haven't actually watched him play though, just noticed hes been scoring pretty well and has nice fixtures. Has anyone watched him? Does he/do Brighton pass the eye test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Looking like yet another bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Madison out martial in
    Vardy out but morata or Wilson in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sterling or Aguero?

I’m either going 442 or 443 to accommodate so it’s a straight choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sterling or Aguero?

I’m either going 442 or 443 to accommodate so it’s a straight choice

Kun for me always

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

**** i cant figure this one out!

I have two free transfers and really trying to get rid of Mitrovic but ive only 7.0 if i sell him so i cant afford Arni who is the only one who stands out as a replacement!!

My team is

Ederson Hamer

Robertson Trippier Alonso Wan Bisska Bennett

Hazard Richarlison Salah Fraser Schnierderlin

Wilson Mitrovic Aguero

Most of the big names in there ive had them most the season so i dont know how i work around this lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    lads whats your thoughts on firmino?
    cant afford salah would like another liverpool player!

I’ve had him for a few weeks, he’s been a disaster, he’ll be getting the road once he gets his hatty against Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I have two free transfers and really trying to get rid of Mitrovic but ive only 7.0 if i sell him so i cant afford Arni who is the only one who stands out as a replacement!!

My team is

Ederson Hamer

Wilson Mitrovic Aguero

Most of the big names in there ive had them most the season so i dont know how i work around this lol.

Dump Schneiderlin for a 4.3 mid to get yourself the 0.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

My team is

Ederson Hamer

Wilson Mitrovic Aguero

Could sell Schnierderlin to Romeu and that will give you the extra 0.1m to get Arnie

Jaysus lads it's been a while since we had a decent debate like this. Personally I only have alonso and mendy I have lovren instead of robbo and am not convinced by spurs defensively yet but I can see the argument and it is quite valid. Even take stones or laporte instead of mendy your saving 1.1 or. 5 on both and luiz instead of Alonso saves 1.5. Id be more wary of going without alonso tho as previous years may have taught us

I think Laporte would be the one I’d go for at the moment, seems nailed on.
    Watch Alonso, Robbo and Mendy go wild this weekend and rightly sicken us. When they do score it makes such a difference cause they are so highly owned but IMO over time I’ll make more points from having say Sterling instead of say Dilva or Ozil, Lacca over Jiminez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Mitro out for Morata done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

How did i miss the midfielder for 4.3!! lol

Thank you!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I need to sell Maddison and have 6.7 to spend. Thinking Gudmundsson. Not many options in that price bracket.

Current front 7 is Salah, Hazard, Ricky, Maddison, Aguero, Arnie, Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I need to sell Maddison and have 6.7 to spend. Thinking Gudmundsson. Not many options in that price bracket.

In the same boat but have 8.1m to spend.

Thinking of downgrading Wilson or Robertson to fund Mahrez or potentially Mane

Chesty08 wrote: »

I wouldn't be too confident of Mahrez's gametime with Sané and Sterling eating into his minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Why do you need to sell him? Is only one week

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

Banking this week even with Maddison and Knockaert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

So, im now thinking

Maddison to Mane
    Mitrovic to Murray
    Lacazette to Arnie

4 point hit

Will lacazette outscore mane over the next few weeks....

Chesty08 wrote: »

Do you want either long term?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Why do you need to sell him? Is only one week

There's no guarantee he'll be back after the international break.

• Advertisement

There's no guarantee he'll be back after the international break.

If it's a free transfer Gudmunnson is a good option, if it's a minus 4, as I would be, I think waiting is better

If it's a free transfer Gudmunnson is a good option, if it's a minus 4, as I would be, I think waiting is better

It'd be a minus 4 alright. I still think I'll go for it. Just not sure Gudmundsson will deliver many attacking returns as Burnley don't score much. However he is their talisman.

I was looking at Pereyra as well but Watford have some tough fixtures on the horizon.

It'd be a minus 4 alright. I still think I'll go for it. Just not sure Gudmundsson will deliver many attacking returns as Burnley don't score much. However he is their talisman.

I was looking at Pereyra as well but Watford have some tough fixtures on the horizon.

I am in the same situation , but I don't want Gudmunnson long term. For me, next week, It's either find a .1 for Ricky or a bit of a rejig to get Sterling

How long would you keep Gudmunnson for?

Madison looks like he will hold tonight

I am in the same situation , but I don't want Gudmunnson long term. For me, next week, It's either find a .1 for Ricky or a bit of a rejig to get Sterling

How long would you keep Gudmunnson for?

Would depend on his output obviously but at least for 5 gameweeks where they have lei, NEW, cry, LIV, BRI. Would then assess him based on his returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Green&Red wrote: »
    Do you want either long term?

Yes I want Mahrez long time.

It’s a slight reshape of my team required.

Would depend on his output obviously but at least for 5 gameweeks where they have lei, NEW, cry, LIV, BRI. Would then assess him based on his returns.

It's a nice run alright

If I go for him it blocks Sterling, and I have been pretty set on him.

Going for Gudmunnson, likely means a midfield in a few weeks of

Mane, Fraser,Ricky,Gudmunnson,Hazard

Against a planned

Mane,Hazard, Sterling Fraser, Hoiberg (downgrading Robertson)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bringing in Salah for a 2 week stretch because home to Fulham is too sweet a cupcake for me to avoid. Was all set for a Hazard and Aguero to Salah and Firmino (before eventually reverting back after banking next week all things going well.

However now with Richarlison doubtful I’m feeling like maybe I could keep Hazard. It’d mean banking on Success starting the next 2 games and ideally being worthwhile.

So what thinks you all while I sleep on it? Firmino and Richarlison or Success and Hazard? Obviously the first one spreads the eggs between more baskets but Hazard has the ability to destroy gameweeks by himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Chesty08 wrote:

Looking at last night's price rises it looks like Lamela is a popular Maddison replacement. I've had him for 6 weeks and benched him for both if his hauls in that time.

He has a serious goals/assist per game ratio in the last 2 months albeit some of those have been in the league cup and CL but he is showing some epl firm too. Hec was rested mid week vs PSV so should start this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

Looking at last night's price rises it looks like Lamela is a popular Maddison replacement. I've had him for 6 weeks and benched him for both if his hauls in that time.

He has a serious goals/assist per game ratio in the last 2 months albeit some of those have been in the league cup and CL but he is showing some epl firm too. Hec was rested mid week vs PSV so should start this weekend.

Similar situation trying to choose between Lamela, Moura and Gudmonsson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Similar situation trying to choose between Lamela, Moura and Gudmonsson.

Moura.

Advertisement