Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlebrook Manor homes

• 03-11-2018 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Could anyone go for Castlebrook new homes viewing today? I had to travel and missed the open viewing day. Any thoughts about how those homes are like?
    The price is definitely on the higher end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ***HAPPYDAYS***

Hello,

Could anyone go for Castlebrook new homes viewing today? I had to travel and missed the open viewing day. Any thoughts about how those homes are like?
    The price is definitely on the higher end.

Hi masterboy123
    The area is absolutely stunning and I have no doubt it will be a fabulous housing estate.
    The showhouse was the 4 bed detached .
    I found it very small .
    The sitting room was the smallest I have seen
    The kitchen was nice bug again quite small
    The back garden was adequate ,but small
    Upstairs the bedrooms were all of a good size - albeit the master bedroom very narrow and I struggled to wonder where a mere chest of drawers may go .
    The is no hot press and the attic does not permit space for storage - limited at best .
    The showhouse was simply atunning in terms of decor but for myself and my partner I felt we would have regretted it due to its size and it is priced very high considering same .
    Each to their own I am sure , and I even heard one person ask if they could buy the showroom 😀
    So it is worth a look as we all have different expectations and tick lists and for us this was just too small and most importantly without storage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you very much!!

We are keeping an eye on the new properties at the moment, but like you said they all appear to be on the smaller end, with higher prices. I wonder if people would buy them at those prices.

We saw the new houses at Annacotty and again bedrooms are quite packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

I went today for a look. Not in the market but live nearby. I was actually staggered at how small it is for the price. 360k for the 4 bed detached and you literally couldn't swing a cat in it. In contrast to previous poster I actually thought the bedrooms were v small. Far far nicer houses in the area for similar price. Two houses in Miltown manor for a similar price and they're way bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks shoppergal.

I am going to look at other properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ***HAPPYDAYS***

Thank you very much!!

We are keeping an eye on the new properties at the moment, but like you said they all appear to be on the smaller end, with higher prices. I wonder if people would buy them at those prices.

We saw the new houses at Annacotty and again bedrooms are quite packed.

Yes Bloomfield very small also and what I have found is that the prices for these properties (ie since last build) have sky rocketed !
    It’s certainly a tough-task at the mo to buy a home as the demand outweighs the supply , the price does not justify what you are buying and it’s also a rat race if you do see something you like as you will likely be outbid ! Best of luck in your house hunting 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 limez

The house designs were somewhat limited as they were a series of minor changes to an original planning permission for the site from 2008. So the footprint, and elevations are largely the same (though with more modern looking glazing).
    The designs have been more heavily revised for Phase 2. The planning permission is in for that now (though I can't post the link as a new user)
    But if you go to eplan.limerick.ie and search for file 19492 you'll find it.
    However, the new house designs are not even as big as currently. They do seem class-leading in terms of energy efficiency, getting to A2 without using solar panels for a bump.

Advertisement