Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnett Donaire, Taylor Martin Super series link

Options
  • 03-11-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

For anyone looking for it heres the link to this evening WBSS quarter final from Scotland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Daryl Williams just got absolutely robbed. One of the worst scorecards you'll ever see from Victor Loughlin. What a god awful judge he is.

Very interested to see how Donaire looks moving so far back down in weight at his age. Tough night ahead for Burnett if Donaire is anything like he was in the past at 118

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Burnett doing well, but needs to keep it mid to long range

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Burnett's done.....back injury

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Inoue is going to murder Donaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Bad few weeks for the English trainers. Saunders stripped, Dom Ingle looking very shifty and defensive when asked about the drugs issue. Now Adam Booth's golden boy with a serious looking injury. Surely Mcguigan's golden goose won't suffer the same fate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

That was very entertaining while it lasted, I would have had Burnett ahead but Donaire was backing him into the corner and catching him on the ropes. Very much in the fight up until it was stopped. Shame for Taylor but I can't begrudge Donaire either because the man is a genuine class act.

Rematch in Belfast when the tournament is over? I doubt Donaire will win, he enjoyed Belfast for Frampton and said he would fight here again.

The intro is like a 1990s video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

pac_man wrote: »
    That looks like a dodgy stoppage

Agreed, weird that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Taylor was the clear winner but that was a stupid stoppage. Punch clear to the back of the head, and Martin wasn't even given a 10 count that he clearly would have beat. Taylor was doing winning but I don't think he was doing a lot of damage that it needed to be stopped for Martin's health or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Usyk vs. Joshua will resemble that ;) Clinic from Taylor, reminds me of Calzaghe a little.

Taylor picks his shots as well as any boxer on the planet. So accurate too. Has a legit claim to be the UK's best boxer imo. Some performance.

pac_man wrote: »
    That looks like a dodgy stoppage

Crazy. blatant punch on the back of the head. Then Josh Taylor starts hitting him on the ground. Should have never been stopped. If the fight had been anywhere near close it would have been very controversial, but given the nature of the fight and the fact that it was in Taylor's home town, I don't think it will make any headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Was really enjoying the Burnett fight and had him ahead. He looked sharp and that right hand is damaging. What an awful shame for him to lose like that. Credit to Donaire as ever for his thoughts after but couldnt see him winning over 12 rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Inoue is going to murder Donaire

so you have Donaire beating Tete?

Advertisement