Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim plan for kid's tablet

Options
  • 04-11-2018 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a SIM so my son can join his friends on whatsapp. He has wifi 99% of the time so really I would just be getting the sim with the hope of rarely, if ever, topping up. At the same time, if we do go in the car it might be nice to get him the best option that won't burn thru his limited top-up credit in a few seconds of data use.

Anyone recommend a good sim-only carrier with no monthly topup?

I seem to remember Three if you used data they took €1 and have you X amount of MB for the day rather than drain your credit but that looks to be gone now. As a matter of fact trying to find the actual rates for any carrier is hidden very well as they all presume you'll top up monthly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Actually seemed Vodafone and Eir both had 100mb for €1.99/day. Ended up trying Eir which send the sim free. Will try topping up a fiver to activate and keep off the monthly plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What network are you on? Depending on phone and plan you have you could turn on your mobile hotspot instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone have 1GB add on / 28 days for 5 euro

Post mobile have a couple of add ons that last 60 days:
    5 euro for 1GB
    3 euro for 500MB

Advertisement