Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS time limit

Options
  • 04-11-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for some help, I have a ps 4 but haven't played it on years, I gave it to my 13 year old son a few years back.

He spends hours on it... I see ps have released a time limit for family members. I have managed to create a family member and limit the time to 1:30 per day.

The problem is he plays under my user name and I'm down as ( family manager) is there a way to put a time limit on the family manager.

He tells me that he will loose all his stuff if he plays under the new name I created

Appreciate your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I don't think so but you could set up a new account and make it the family manager and use that to put restrictions on your own account which is no longer the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

pm. wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking for some help, I have a ps 4 but haven't played it on years, I gave it to my 13 year old son a few years back.

He spends hours on it... I see ps have released a time limit for family members. I have managed to create a family member and limit the time to 1:30 per day.

The problem is he plays under my user name and I'm down as ( family manager) is there a way to put a time limit on the family manager.

He tells me that he will loose all his stuff if he plays under the new name I created

Appreciate your help

You can only put a time limit on sub accounts as far as I am aware. You should put a password on your account to prevent him from using this and force him to use the sub account.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 akurat

pm. wrote: »
    Hi all

The problem is he plays under my user name and I'm down as  ( family manager) is there a way to put a time limit on the family manager.

Appreciate your help
    If your son was playing before using your main account all his progress in games is saved on your main account. So he is right, if he will play using that account you created he won't have any progress on it, all his save games and everything won't be on it, which means he has to start from scratch.

Advertisement