Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build Apartment - What to ask

Options
  • 04-11-2018 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of buying a new build apartment. I have reserved the unit and I have viewed the show apartment but my apartment is not complete yet.

I am putting together a list of questions to ask the estate agent and I was wondering if anyone that has went through this process could give me advice on the sort of things to ask or the sort of thing anyone wished they had asked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

• What are the annual service charges?
    • How many units in complex and how many are sold versus still owned by developer?
    • IF there is an existing Owners Management Company, what is their current financial status including sinking fund?
    • How are annual service charges determined? e.g. how are they calculated and costs shared between units?
    • How many parking spaces are allocated to your apartment and where are they located?
    • What units (if any) are allocated to social housing and which ones are they?
    • What fixtures and fittings are included in build? e.g. white goods?
    • Is there any scope for you to request minor changes as part of building? E.g. placement of sockets, lighting etc?
    • Ask if they can install skirting boards after your flooring is put in (neater appearance)
    • What guest parking will be available and how is it controlled?
    • When will you be able to snag?
    • Will the finish be exact same as show house? if not, what are the differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

irlrobins wrote: »
    • What are the annual service charges?
    • How many units in complex and how many are sold versus still owned by developer?
    • IF there is an existing Owners Management Company, what is their current financial status including sinking fund?
    • How are annual service charges determined? e.g. how are they calculated and costs shared between units?
    • How many parking spaces are allocated to your apartment and where are they located?
    • What units (if any) are allocated to social housing and which ones are they?
    • What fixtures and fittings are included in build? e.g. white goods?
    • Is there any scope for you to request minor changes as part of building? E.g. placement of sockets, lighting etc?
    • Ask if they can install skirting boards after your flooring is put in (neater appearance)
    • What guest parking will be available and how is it controlled?
    • When will you be able to snag?
    • Will the finish be exact same as show house? if not, what are the differences?

That's a brilliant post. Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Is there a communal dish (eg; Sky), or are you allowed to put a dish on your balcony?
    • What internet provider will the block be using (you usually won't have the option of choosing another provider)?
    • Is there an electric gate stopping people accessing the carpark?
    • Is there a pedestrian entrance?
    • Where are the communal bins kept?
    • Is the access to said communal bins restricted?
    • Does said access of communal bins have CCTV facing it?

Regarding the bins; if in some dark corner, it may be subject to use by landlords of properties they own in the building.

Advertisement