Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slippery rounabout

• 04-11-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

The roundabout at the N10 leading on to the M9 motorway just off the ringroad.
    Always heading towards the motorway just at the Clara exit.
    I almost always lose the rear end of my pickup truck when the surface in damp.
    I go as slow as possible, no sudden movement on the accelerator and I still almost end up in the ditch, any one else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 redsky1

No anti slip it was a problem at other roundabouts and slip roads around the midlands a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Never had a problem use it every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

It's happened to me on the first roundabout leading to the M9 at Junction 9 off the N10. Different cars, different speeds, different road conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bill nye

Out of interest what tyres are on your car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Curse of the ditchfinders? ;-)
    It'd be interesting to see what tyre you've got and how much thread left on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Cooper Discoverer AT3, ABOUT 5mm thread, It doesn't happen at any where else or any other roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Strange.
    Try it slow and smooth next time.
    Unladen truck's rear axle has less traction and adding the RWD, one could get oversteer easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Would a weak shock be the problem.

Advertisement