Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I wasn't disappointed, I am disappointed. Fire Emblem fighter, with an Echo. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Byleth it is. Looks like that 'three' sign from Sakurai was indeed a clue.

Not a 'big' name but from a big success in the franchise it perhaps make sense. Gonna drive the 'no more Fire Emblem characters' crew mad though :P

That's 8 Fire Emblem fighters, I think, not including female versions.

Altair (Assassins Creed), Rabbids, X and Exe (Megaman X) and Cuphead are the Mii costumes.

There will be 6 new fighters in the next Challengers Pass. All the next fighters have already been decided.

Ancient Soldier Mii costume is exclusive bonus for purchasing next Challenger Pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Byleth is exactly the sound i made with my mouth when i heard it was another fire emblem character :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't watched, but how did they stretch that to 35 mins?
    I'd say Sakurai had a big name in mind for the final character only to then be told he has to pad it out to another 6, so then threw this together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I was hoping they’d announce new amiibos based on the dlc characters. That and that Sephiroth was the 5th fighter, but I guess we can hope he shows up in the next 6. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Finally got the last spirit I needed from the Vault shop - brings me up to 1402 of 1406 spirits - I missed the River City series event, so I’ll have to wait for the next game update for those to be added to the Spirit Board :(

Smash Bros. Ultimate - The ARMS Fighter Is Nearly Here! Who the Heck Is It?! Predictions DISCUSSION
    The next fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate could drop any day now so it's time to give our final predictions on who the ARMS character may be, what they'll play like, and what we expect from their stage!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=V6yUWT8GDvM

For me it has to be Twintelle, or go to hell. She makes sense more than any other fighter for several reasons. Not least because she's the only character with real arms to grab in-game items. The others would all look daft doing so. 16th June will be the 3 year anniversary of ARMS releasing, so it might happen on that day.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/NintendoUKVS/status/1273979256188567552
    Join us next Monday at 3pm (UK time) to find out which #ARMS fighter is joining Super #SmashBrosUltimate in a roughly 35 minute-long livestream from series director Masahiro Sakurai.

What if Nintendo throw us a curveball? What if it's a new fighter character for ARMS? One that has a female or male echo fighter. And it gets added to ARMS as well after Ultimate. It would be a first and it could help give ARMS a boost in promotion(re-promotion?).

Or maybe the ARMS fighter could be from ARMS 2. 2 ARMS. ARMS & LEGS? :D A sequel could be in production. The original game released 3 years ago. It might be a way off, perhaps even a year, but they could put a fighter from it in SSBU. Stranger things have happened. Nintendo never said it was an already existing ARMS fighter. We'll find out either way tomorrow.

The DLC fighter was revealed to be Min-Min. Good choice imo, glad it wasn't the obvious Spring Man pick. Vault Boy from Fallout was also revealed as a Mii costume.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Min Min - arriving later this month.

The arms swapping mechanic is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

I think she's the most unique fighter from the passes right now, not including Piranha Plant!

Also makes the speculation more interesting as Min Min has been upgraded from spirit to fighter, leaving the likes of others such as Rayman, Geno and Shantae with a possible shot of getting in!

It seems like Heihachi has been de-confirmed, with his Mii costume returning. I don't mind too much as I'm not a huge fan of characters originating from fighting games joining the roster!

Also, Crash 4 is about to be revealed. Maybe we're getting his Smash reveal. It's wishful thinking, no doubt!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Mr. Sakurai Presents "Min Min"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=M_NNyXaBW-I
    Join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director Masahiro Sakurai for an in-depth look at the new fighter Min Min from ARMS. Purchase the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 to obtain Min Min immediately following release on June 29!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Bought Min Min dlc yesterday. She's now my favourite fighter. Hadn't played Smash in a few weeks but this dlc reignited my interest in the game. I'm still brutal but happy enough to pick up the occasional win online.
    Might pick up the Banjo dlc now while I'm at it.

It's Ryu Hayabusa if the rumours are true. If you're asking who, he's from Ninja Gaiden. Though, he doesn’t necessarily have to be revealed tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Hard to guess this one. Urbosa would be a nice left field one, Travis has been rumoured on and off, like Ryu Hayabusa.

It's obviously gonna be a Fire Emblem character again so :P

Would love Crash Bandicoot. Or a Tekken character. Or any of the BOTW Champions.
    Most likely outcome though it will be a character I've never heard of.

Been stuck for months needing just 1 more spirit to complete the collection - can’t seem to get Megaman in the shop at all :(

Whoever the new DLC is I hope it’s not another sword wielding JRPG character

Steve from Minecraft. Disappointing!

Steve from Minecraft. Disappointing!

Interestingly, with your name I thought you'd be quite pleased :P.

Corholio wrote: »
    Interestingly, with your name I thought you'd be quite pleased :P.

Well played :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think it actually looks interesting. Not a Minecraft fan, but the levels and abilities looks actually different to what's there already!

Oddly enough with the wide range of characters in Smash, these characters look the most out of place. Maybe it's just because of how polished all the others are and how smoothly they move

I like it, as I said, happy it wasn’t another sword wielding JRPG character. Definitely something different and unexpected, so I’m good with that

• Advertisement

Advertisement