Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are secondary school interviews held?

Options
  • 04-11-2018 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm in my final year of B(Ed) secondary teaching and will be graduating this time next year, so I will be looking for a job this summer. Last year I did a summer camp J1 in America and had an amazing time. I would really love to go back this summer, but of course finding a 'real' job here comes first. I was wondering when roughly during the summer are interviews held? If they were at the end or the beginning of the summer I could go back.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭doc_17

They take place whenever a vacancy arises. Jobs will be advertised for from May onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

July is when Principals take holidays.

I thought you could only get the J1 once (although I did mine 20 years ago!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

July would be your safest time to go away. Late May/June and mid-late Aug are the peak interview times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Been called to many interviews in July. There's no fixed timescale for interviews. My advice is to take your holidays when ever you want. Otherwise you'll spend years wasting your summers waiting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 etalors

Thanks for the advice! I'd say I wont go as it would be for the full three months but might still try to go somewhere else for a normal trip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement