Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi or Bluetooth? Smart TV Headphones

• 04-11-2018 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked - I did search in the threads.

My TV is a Walker WPS4319SM.

I don't think it has bluetooth. It is connected with WIFI for netflix etc. Instead of the long wired headphones I want to get my partner the wireless headphones - a good quality set. However I don't want to end up on Christmas day with something that doesn't work because it isn't compatible with the TV!

I presume Wireless headphones work with Smart TV's however if it doesn't have bluetooth, should I stay away from headphone sets that state bluetooth connectivity? Seriously confusing this is! Please advise if you know:D

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

Wireless headphone's won't work afaik. My 4K Bravia has Bluetooth, etc but won't connect wirelessly to even my top of the range Sony headphone's. Do a bit more research online and you may find a compatible pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Thanks for the advice. It’s a minefield!

All the best.
    Wireless headphone's won't work afaik. My 4K Bravia has Bluetooth, etc but won't connect wirelessly to even my top of the range Sony headphone's. Do a bit more research online and you may find a compatible pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

mumof2 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked - I did search in the threads.

My TV is a Walker WPS4319SM.

I don't think it has bluetooth. It is connected with WIFI for netflix etc. Instead of the long wired headphones I want to get my partner the wireless headphones - a good quality set. However I don't want to end up on Christmas day with something that doesn't work because it isn't compatible with the TV!

I presume Wireless headphones work with Smart TV's however if it doesn't have bluetooth, should I stay away from headphone sets that state bluetooth connectivity? Seriously confusing this is! Please advise if you know:D

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

As far as I know all wireless headphones (the non-bluetooth kind) come an adaptor/base station that connects to the TV. They don't pair directly like bluetooth headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, this^. You need a pair with their own base, they'll take the output of the TV and transmit it. Bluetooth can add a delay that you don't want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, this^. You need a pair with their own base, they'll take the output of the TV and transmit it. Bluetooth can add a delay that you don't want.

I've never had a delay using my bluetooth headphones with AppleTV but I do get it on other devices like my MacBook and iPhone.

Anyway as far as I know bluetooth can only do stereo. Wireless headphones can deliver surround sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Surround in headphones is snake oil. Stereo does the same thing if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Thanks people! Ill gamble on a good pair of wireless ones and check that they have a base which connects to the TV. Fingers crossed. :-)

Advertisement