Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Sizes

Options
  • 04-11-2018 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question.

I am currently looking at bikes online and the sizing has raised a few questions.

Firstly I'm looking at Dolan and Canyon.

According to their sizing I'm a large & medium in the bikes I'm looking at.

But my current bikes measurements are very different like 15mm difference in the top tube length.

I got the bike second hand many moons ago and it's only been ridden with any real volume this summer.

Is it possible my current bike is too small. It's a RTS Racer medium with a London 2012 oylmpics logo on it.

Just double checked my stack & reach
    Stack 510mms
    Reach 410mms

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    15mm difference in the top tube length.
    is that actual or effective top tube? effective top tube would be the length of the tube were it fully horizontal, rather than sloped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

is that actual or effective top tube? effective top tube would be the length of the tube were it fully horizontal, rather than sloped.

Effective top tube, used a level when measuring.

But the stack and reach measurements seems bonkers compared to other bike geometries.

Advertisement