Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing lambs inside or out

• 04-11-2018 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭

Have the last of the ram still here and struggling to get them finished. Was thinking of housing them but not sure as I’ve never done this. Any important tips on wat way to go about it or is it better avoided

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭kk.man

390kid wrote: »
    Have the last of the ram still here and struggling to get them finished. Was thinking of housing them but not sure as I’ve never done this. Any important tips on wat way to go about it or is it better avoided

What weight are they?.....I would suggest leaving them out, the are far better if good grass available and supplements with ration. It depends on your situation and land type really. I find putting them in a shed takes them a couple of weeks to adjust plus the hardship of it. I won't put my left overs in till January and even at that it is weather dependant.
    I am getting good trive here sold lambs last week weighed 51kgs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

kk.man wrote: »
    What weight are they?.....I would suggest leaving them out, the are far better if good grass available and supplements with ration. It depends on your situation and land type really. I find putting them in a shed takes them a couple of weeks to adjust plus the hardship of it. I won't put my left overs in till January and even at that it is weather dependant.
    I am getting good trive here sold lambs last week weighed 51kgs.
    There around the 30-35 kg mark. I’m very tight for grass at the minute and the land types heavy and getting wetter by the minute after today! They were good lambs at 51kg kk. Did you factory or go to mart

There around the 30-35 kg mark. I’m very tight for grass at the minute and the land types heavy and getting wetter by the minute after today! They were good lambs at 51kg kk. Did you factory or go to mart

Mart...if u haven't too many I'll still leave them out and up the meal.

Mart...if u haven't too many I'll still leave them out and up the meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭early_riser

If there that weight maybe see what the store trade is like local to you, very good trade at the minute and lambs that weight will take a bit of finishing if your short grass

• Advertisement
Advertisement