Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Arthurs Quay at night

• 05-11-2018 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

Looking at commuting to a concert at the Big Top in Limerick in a couple of weeks time. Looking at getting the 1:45am Dublin Coach bus back to Dublin afterwards from Arthurs Quay. Would I be safe at this time of night in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭893bet

Safe as any city. There will be plenty of people around at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭boardise

As safe as anywhere else. I'm from Cork but living in Limerick thirty odd years. The trouble that led to Limerick being in the headlines for the wrong reasons was connected to a long running feud between two gangs. This is now much reduced in scope.
    The population at large was as well behaved as any other .There are a few rough areas as in any city -but no visitor will be going anywhere near these anyway.
    Unfortunately it is the case that a bad reputation is hard to shake off even when the reason for it no longer exists. It is quite irritating and totally unfair when outsiders -especially Dubliners- persist in making derogatory remarks about Limerick which are absolutely not justified.
    This kind of scoffing is stupid and unwarranted and is based entirely on ignorance...yet I can see it daily on Boards and other forums.
    Limerick has been on the move for years now and is economically and culturally buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hello,

Looking at commuting to a concert at the Big Top in Limerick in a couple of weeks time. Looking at getting the 1:45am Dublin Coach bus back to Dublin afterwards from Arthurs Quay. I`m a 19 year old male. Would I be safe at this time of night in Limerick?

Your'll be fine, if you are a little unsure, go into burger king and buy a bottle of water or whatever, you will be able to sit down there and you will have full view of the bus stop at arthurs quay park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've gotten the very bus and it's fine, there's always a good few getting that bus too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

What's going on in Dublin the last decade is far worse than whatever went on in Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I'd be more worried about the big top.. You could be bored to death long before the bus comes.

You'll be grand. That particular bus stop tends to be busy 24/7 these days. Enjoy the gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I lived in Dublin for 10 years and certain parts are far far worse than anything going on in Limerick. OP you'll be fine

Advertisement