Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Oh wow, somebody who has been posting anti traveller sentiments for pages and pages thinks the travellers came across really poorly.

Anti traveller sentiments? Care to back it up? I made my thoughts on education known to another poster. Hardly anti traveller. I see though you like to engage in misrepresentation.Again yes they came across very badly. The traveller who attends or attended UL had to be corrected when he stated Casey had an altercation with the traveller family, Caseymentioned during his younger days . You clearly heard only what you wanted to hear.

In terms of coming across as a coherent politician, Casey mauled himself largely, the Phoenix Park stuff is still a bizarre interlude 3 days later.

But he's not a politician as has been pointed out to you several times by numerous posters so why keep saying he is? Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

Omackeral wrote: »
    What makes someone ethnically a Traveller, as opposed to just Irish?
    the government..

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

if a chat show is going to interview someone, then depending on the subject they will have someone of the opposite opinion in the audience or as a guest. that's the nature of the game. that's what happened on the lls. in fact they are likely obligated to do it as part of impartiality rules and expectations. i see no conspiracy here.

So what about the rest of the post. You only addressed a small part of it and I bet if you were in any way honest with yourself, never mind us, you would admit that Casey was set up. It was so obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Anti traveller sentiments? Care to back it up? I made my thoughts on education known to another poster. Hardly anti traveller. I see though you like to engage in misrepresentation.Again yes they came across very badly. The traveller who attends or attended UL had to be corrected when he stated Casey had an altercation with the traveller family, Caseymentioned during his younger days . You clearly heard only what you wanted to hear.

Defending somebody who made anti traveller remarks is to be anti traveller yourself imo.

No idea what the UL thing is about.

• Advertisement

But he's not a politician as has been pointed out to you several times by numerous posters so why keep saying he is? Strange.

Somebody who wants to stand for FF in Donegal and to become Taoiseach isn't a politician?
    I think that is as confused as Casey's politics. :confused::confused:

So what about the rest of the post. You only addressed a small part of it and I bet if you were in any way honest with yourself, never mind us, you would admit that Casey was set up. It was so obvious.

Of course he was 'set up'.

Most of you guys knew what was going to happen beforehand, what's all the faux surprise about.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Can't believe this thread actually made it to 10,000 posts

:)

Seems there's a lot more interest in Peter Casey views than some will admit
    he will definitely be in with a good shout for the next presidential election!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Still being discussed on social and MSM almost 3 weeks later.
    Casey has struck a chord.

oceanman wrote: »
    he will definitely be in with a good shout for the next presidential election!:D

Similar if not more intense discussion of Sean Gallagher last time and look how it worked out for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Fann Linn wrote: »

Pavee Point duckin & diving on TV3 now :D

Defending somebody who made anti traveller remarks is to be anti traveller yourself imo.
    Thats the thing you keep claiming he made anti traveller remarks, he engaged in hate speech etc ad nauseum but when asked to back up your false claims your stock reply 'in my opinion ' you're entitled to your opinion just not your own makey uppy facts.
    No idea what the UL thing is about.
    The young traveller lad was or is a student from UL good that he went on after secondary school, all over the place in his attempt to attack Casey. Really I'm sure they could have prepared better that includes Tubs not forgetting Jenny McGuire what the f**k was she thinking? lol.
    Anyway dude goodnight, I'm sure you'll be here tomorrow fighting the good fight till EOTR releaves you.

Of course he was 'set up'.

Most of you guys knew what was going to happen beforehand, what's all the faux surprise about.

Good man Francie. You admit it. Took awhile but fair enough.
    We though he would be allowed to answer what he was asked but Tub hitting him with 5 quick fire questions in 10 seconds is hardly giving him a chance.

I didn't mind the planted audience because I knew their "culture" would come out and ruin it for them. What I did mind was the poor effort by Tubs and RTE who were supposed to be professional but came out of it even worse than the travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Pavee Point duckin & diving on TV3 now :D

Why are so many in jail? they are asked

"Institutional racism or they could be in for the TV licence"

Somebody who wants to stand for FF in Donegal and to become Taoiseach isn't a politician? I think that is as confused as Casey's politics.

I'd want to be a formula one driver , doesn't mean I am one. See how it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Tonight show has 2 travellers on. The female one is not doing them any favours...
    Onto Margaret Cash now...€55k a year mentioned

Tonight show has 2 travellers on. The female one is not doing them any favours... Onto Margaret Cash now...€55k a year mentioned

It's when they open their mouths without thinking is what does them no favours. It's really not difficult, think ,formulate a reply then speak.

I'd want to be a formula one driver , doesn't mean I am one. See how it works?

Yeh ok Plumb, you got me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Fann Linn wrote: »

It’s like people know the facts

1) travellers are statistically the most un-educated group in Ireland

2) the highest pro-rata criminal group in Ireland

3) the highest non-tax contributing group in Ireland

Now in a very fair (really Ireland is) country with a gay prime minister of Indian heritage who can we point the finger at to blame rather than put it down largely to self responsibility?

That’s what the average punter can’t reconcile and why Peter Casey got approx 315k more votes than early polls suggested

Good man Francie. You admit it. Took awhile but fair enough.
    We though he would be allowed to answer what he was asked but Tub hitting him with 5 quick fire questions in 10 seconds is hardly giving him a chance.

I didn't mind the planted audience because I knew their "culture" would come out and ruin it for them. What I did mind was the poor effort by Tubs and RTE who were supposed to be professional but came out of it even worse than the travellers.

Admit what? I said way back that Gay Byrne packed audiences all the time.
    Tubs couldn't interview to save his life, that was Casey's mistake.
    Are you telling me the Phoenix Park stuff was Casey's finest hour???? :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Similar if not more intense discussion of Sean Gallagher last time and look how it worked out for him.
    I was joking francie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Why are so many in jail? they are asked

"Institutional racism or they could be in for the TV licence"

Always the victims. It’s never their fault.

Admit what? I said way back that Gay Byrne packed audiences all the time.
    Tubs couldn't interview to save his life, that was Casey's mistake.
    Are you telling me the Phoenix Park stuff was Casey's finest hour???? :D:D:D

The Phoenix Park stuff was when Casey trolled Higgins after the election result about inviting all the travellers to the Aras and setting up a school for them as the Aras is so big and because Higgins was on their side. It was a troll. He was winding up Higgins.

I thought you knew that. It was posted here several times.

TallyRand wrote: »
    It’s like people know the facts

1) travellers are statistically the most un-educated group in Ireland

2) the highest pro-rata criminal group in Ireland

3) the highest non-tax contributing group in Ireland

Now in a very fair (really Ireland is) country with a gay prime minister of Indian heritage who can we point the finger at to blame rather than put it down largely to self responsibility?

These patterns are repeated in marginalised communities around the world.
    The only solutions here imo is to make SEMS work at what it was intended to do.
    Give these people a stake and grow their sense of inclusion. I don't see any other solutions that are going to make things better.
    Casey I think has set back any good work done by years.

The Phoenix Park stuff was when Casey trolled Higgins after the election result about inviting all the travellers to the Aras and setting up a school for them as the Aras is so big and because Higgins was on their side. It was a troll. He was winding up Higgins.

I thought you knew that. It was posted here several times.

It wasn't on Friday when he tried to stand it up.He got plenty of time and ended up looking ridiculous.

It wasn't on Friday when he tried to stand it up.He got plenty of time and ended up looking ridiculous.

It was directly after the result came out.
    Anyway Casey is not the brain of Ireland by any means but he certainly started a discussion that needs to be dealt with and not just about travellers. The man who gets up early is being screwed.

Goodnight Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

These patterns are repeated in marginalised communities around the world.
    The only solutions here imo is to make SEMS work at what it was intended to do.
    Give these people a stake and grow their sense of inclusion. I don't see any other solutions that are going to make things better.
    Casey I think has set back any good work done by years.

Why don’t we start with one the first communites that landed here in modern times, the Chinese back in the 70’s......oh wait, not a bother on them. Never heard a bad word / complaint uttered about the Chinese Irish.

Did we make everything easy for the Chinese way back when? Seems like they established themselves by themselves in a much harder and conservative age

TallyRand wrote: »
    Why don’t we start with one the first communites that landed here in modern times, the Chinese back in the 70’s......oh wait, not a bother on them. Never heard a bad word / complaint uttered about the Chinese Irish.

Did we make everything easy for the Chinese way back when? Seems like they established themselves by themselves in a much harder and conservative age
    what the fukc was that about???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ultimately, he fell on his own sword with his own words.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Wow this thread has grown fairly fast lol, allready over 550 posts. I believe there was pavee point on the tonight with Vincent and Matt.

Twitter seems to be going beserk, apparently old Pavee were taking the piss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement