Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

How hard is it to accept that Casey was expected to finish nowhere, got damn near a quarter of the vote and opened up discussion on an issue many "well meaning" people want silenced ?

Fixed that for you:

How hard is it to accept that Casey was expected to finish nowhere, got damn near a quarter of the vote and still finished nowhere in a first past the post election, opened up discussion rants on an issue many "well meaning" people want silenced do not think is the fault of one community alone and who can see good work being done while there are some issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Among my local TDs is Charlie Flanagan, Biffo's brother and some SF knob.

Traveller crime is up - two young girls mugged at knifepoint just the other evening - assuming they get them, lovely suspended sentence coming up no doubt.

Your not allowed talk about that according to Bridget Kelly, something something settled people commit crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

That doesn't cover for mis-quoting what I said. You have tried them all in order to cover for the weakness of your position here: Tedious Laughing Stock Mis-Quoting Insinuation about being a bot along with others.

I think I've struck a nerve. You really should take a step back. You have become exactly what you vehemently accuse others of.
    Misquoting, you mean I inferred what you meant, the same tactic you deploy against Casey and others. Not nice when it's done to you is it?
    I'm away for a while, I'm sure you'll still be here going around in circles claiming Casey said things he never did but it's your opinion he did.
    Get some fresh air dude you need it badly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Calhoun wrote: »
    Your not allowed talk about that according to Bridget Kelly, something something settled people commit crime.

She's as nutty as squirrel s**t clearly!

It's 23per cent that excercised their democratic right to vote twist it anyway you want but it's still 23 per cent. Pathetic on your behalf.

No disagreement, it's 23% of 46% of the electorate which is approx 10% of those eliggible to vote.

It is you that is assuming the 'voice' here is bigger than it is. The election was NOT about travellers btw, you may not have noticed that because you were on your phone or something. :)

• Advertisement

Fixed that for you:

How hard is it to accept that Casey was expected to finish nowhere, got damn near a quarter of the vote and still finished nowhere in a first past the post election, opened up discussion rants on an issue many "well meaning" people want silenced do not think is the fault of one community alone and who can see good work being done while there are some issues?

Yeah, that's VERY badly amended dude but it was fine as it was.

Nice attempt though.

She's as nutty as squirrel s**t clearly!

It was generally a circular argument which deflected any hard questions and ranted about racism and the poor families in thurles. The vibe given off is I want to be untouchable but also not be held accountable for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Just saw the video this morning

Two lads brazenly having a fight just outside a major Garda Station

A mother gets her son to video it whilst she goes and threatens the other mother

The son is delighted with his Dad fighting and that he won't back down to no one. Seems the culture has been passed onto this son anyway

whilst some other kids in the car are obviously distraught at the scene

Brenda Dennehy is a researcher for the Neil Prenderville show in Cork
    She has it up on her own Facebook

It’s a shocking video. To hear that poor child crying in terror is heartbreaking. They’re nothing but ****in animals who need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
    How anyone can watch that video and defend those vermin is beyond me.

It was generally a circular argument which deflected any hard questions and ranted about racism and the poor families in thurles. The vibe given off is I want to be untouchable but also not be held accountable for anything.

In the last week i have read "Racism" accusations for:

A curry recipe in a UK magazine
    An elderly lady honking her horn at a car blocking a petrol station
    Brexit negotiations
    Criticism of a UK MP promoting her drug dealing son to Chief of Staff on 50k a year

WTF is going on ???!!!

I think I've struck a nerve. You really should take a step back. You have become exactly what you vehemently accuse others of.
    Misquoting, you mean I inferred what you meant, the same tactic you deploy against Casey and others. Not nice when it's done to you is it?
    I'm away for a while, I'm sure you'll still be here going around in circles claiming Casey said things he never did but it's your opinion he did.
    Get some fresh air dude you need it badly.

Don't flatter yourself about hitting nerves.

Nice deflection again btw. :rolleyes: At least this time you are just 'away for a while'.

That may or may not be progress. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yeah the poor families in Tipperary who won't move into €1.7 million worth of houses as they didn't have half an acre of land behind each house and stables despite living in an unauthorised site

Keeping horses is more important than housing to them

Poor indeed

Yeah the poor families in Tipperary who won't move into €1.7 million worth of houses as they didn't have half an acre of land behind each house and stables despite living in an unauthorised site

Poor indeed

They are just misunderstood they don't want a half acre of land or a stable they just want the state to pay for grazing land down the road now. Then they might think about it, if the land comes with stables.

It's like a sliding scale like when they said they would let others move into the houses.

Yeah amazing how the narrative changed after the backlash to the original story

The council apparently went back on the 'agreement' yet now that 'agreement' has fundamentally changed

Funny that

Poor indeed

For balance: the other side of the story is apparently: That the family have lived were they are for 50 years, are happy were they are and were approached by Tipp Co Co with an offer.

It should also be noticed that they haven't gotten what they have allegedly looked for.
    AFAIK Tipp Co Co have not released any info/papertrail of what went on here. Maybe that would clear things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

an endless supply if supplements and excuses.

the bigotry of low expectations

For balance: the other side of the story is apparently: That the family have lived were they are for 50 years, are happy were they are and were approached by Tipp Co Co with an offer.

It should also be noticed that they haven't gotten what they have allegedly looked for.
    AFAIK Tipp Co Co have not released any info/papertrail of what went on here. Maybe that would clear things up.

Really ??? Link at all to that ?

Yeah for balance the family are happy where they have been living in an unauthorised site for 50 years

There was an agreement to move them into houses which they haven't taken up as they didn't have half an acre of land behind each house and stables

Mediation is under way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

DChancer wrote: »
    If this whole sorrowful train wreck has taught us anything it is the we need to change the law or the Constitution to make it a requirement that any person running running for public office in this state must have been tax resident in this state for at least 2 years prior to seeking election.
    That would help stem the flow of forigen imports like Casey stirring ****e for the craic!

The Greens are at the same ****é.
    From one side of their mouth saying the Councils somehow failed by nominating the likes of Casey, while the other side says they need more powers devolved from central government.
    Democracy when it suits

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I didn't say anything of the sort on 'another thread'. Which is of course why you didn't quote what I said isn't it? The Casey tactic, writ large - insinuate and infer, knowing full well that there is a percentage out there that understands your shorthand. So transparent.

I said he used the imagery of not just 'concentration camps' but internment and reservations. Here is exactly what I said:

23% of 46% of the electorate is approx 10%

300,000 of an eletorate of over 3,000,000 was 10% when I went to school.

And only 32% of the public disagree. :D

76% of 44% of the electorate is aprox 32%

Did you actually think of the corollary to your statistical massage?

That's really funny actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Statistics can be spun every which way but actually it was an amazing result. Peter Casey wasn't even known in this country, like not known at all. He had no political parties working for him, none unlike MDH and no posters as far as I know. The Taoiseach campaigned against him and the entire media were anti him also and did their best to make people feel only a fool would vote for him. And actually his own long winded way of getting to the point did him no favours either and allowed the media to pick their own soundbites from his conversation. And he was also up against the sitting President who is liked very much for various reasons. So all in all a great result for Casey. And as well as those who voted for him there is another cohort of people that didn't want him to be President but totally agree with him. No wonder the powers that be got rattled.

• Advertisement

And only 32% of the public disagree. :D

76% of 44% of the electorate is aprox 32%

Did you actually think of the corollary to your statistical massage?

That's really funny actually.

I didn't massage anything.

23% of 46% of the electorate or 300,000 out of 3m eligible to vote is approx 10% wanted Casey as president/supported his views.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have to laugh at you talking about balance.
    You’re the most unbalanced poster in this thread as regards balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I didn't massage anything.

23% of 46% of the electorate or 300,000 out of 3m eligible to vote is approx 10% wanted Casey as president/supported his views.

That is beneath you Francie.

It smacks of the desperate rubbish from some Remain people in Britain about 32% only voting leave.

It is childish and you have better responses in you than that.

#bethebestfrancieyoucanbe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mynamejeff wrote: »
    So ? thats your response to being proven wrong multiple times ?

reactivate francie there will you he was much better at this than you .

your party will not be proud of you eotr tisk tisk
    Mod note: Cut out that rubbish. If you suspect a poster of being a rereg, report their posts. Anything else is considered backseat modding and will result in a card. Consider this a friendly reminder.

Now back to discussing the issue rather than the posters involved, please!

Buford T. Justice

"Gwan my daddy"

"My father will never give in for nobody. Never in his life will he give in."

"Yes, daddy. Go on, dad. Come on, my father.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

The Greens are at the same ****é.
    From one side of their mouth saying the Councils somehow failed by nominating the likes of Casey, while the other side says they need more powers devolved from central government.
    Democracy when it suits

Well democracy rarely suits the Greens because they are so unpopular they barely exist as a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Casey wants equality.
    No more than travellers getting same welfare and housing as settled people.
    Abide by the law of the land same as settled people.
    If all was equal, we would have animal cruelty people visiting many traveller camps and removing animals. We would have child welfare staff visiting frequently due to attendance records etc,
    we would have welfare / revenue inspectors spot checking, auditing and cutting welfare where undeclared cash businesses are found to be operating.
    I would like to see a settled person draw full welfare then put a new van on the road selling random gear all over the country and see how long before a revenue official would come knocking. It would not be too long and rightly so.
    Travellers don't have to worry about such problems.
    Driving a new van and getting a free house does not compute. It cannot even be argued to be a tool of the trade as they are officially not working so how does that work?
    Maybe it's that special status they have. Either that or the outright fear authority has of them.

Danzy wrote: »
    That is beneath you Francie.

It smacks of the desperate rubbish from some Remain people in Britain about 32% only voting leave.

It is childish and you have better responses in you than that.

#bethebestfrancieyoucanbe

See the mess the UK is in?

They were people all over this thread claiming ans STILL claiming that Casey was 'saying what 'everyone' or 90% of the country believe'.

Not true and at this point in time, unable to be stood up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

"My father will never give in for nobody. Never in his life will he give in."

"Yes, daddy. Go on, dad. Come on, my father.”

" Leave him for dead".

Charming sentiment.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Care to pass the maths eye over the aul dwarf's vote numbers and see what his "true percentage" was ?

He got 56% of 46%

Not sure why the need to denigrate/demean somebody because of something they cannot change - their height. But it sure speaks volumes about you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement