Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

well michael d got 55% of 46% or 800,000 out of 3m elible to vote is approx 26% as president/supported his views

poor considering he had FG/FF & Labour supporting his views

Did i do that right?

nullzero wrote: »
    " Leave him for dead".

Charming sentiment.

Yup fantastic culture that has been passed onto that boy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

He got 56% of 46%

Not sure why the need to denigrate/demean somebody because of something they cannot change - their height. But it sure speaks volumes about you.

Not really, I'm 5 foot nothing and shrinking as I age. Height's not a big deal.

And so the answer to my question is "no, I'll still keep repeating 56% as it suits the agenda" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Agreed. Its complete nonsense as usual.
    Higgins won 55% of the vote and Casey got 10%, talk about spin.....

Who knows how many more than 23% actually agree with his comments but preferred Higgins or one of the others to be president. Its a real pity we didnt get to see the prefs.

I'm one anyway, didn't vote for him to be president, but agree with his sentiments re travellers.
    I would vote for such a candidate in a GE somewhere on the list.

I know plenty who voted Michael D but gave Casey their number 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    well michael d got 55% of 46% or 800,000 out of 3m elible to vote is approx 26% as president/supported his views

poor considering he had FG/FF & Labour supporting his views

Did i do that right?

Correct.

To overstate that he represents 'what everyone or 90%' of the entire electorate 'think' would be wholly wrong.

KrustyUCC wrote: »

There is a joke there somewhere! ;)

Ha fair enough

Second preference

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

There is a joke there somewhere! ;)

Speaks volumes about you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,571 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

KrustyUCC wrote:
    I wanted Michael D to to get the Presidency again but I voted no.1 Casey because I was confident that Michael D would be re-elected and I wanted to swell Casey's numbers.

• Advertisement

It has to be remembered too that despite all the talk of groundswells and mobilisation and revolution etc etc the election recorded the lowest turnout ever for a presidential election.
    Overall, 1,492,338 people (43.87pc) of the electorate turned up to the ballot box today making it the lowest ever for a presidential vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Not really, I'm 5 foot nothing and shrinking as I age. Height's not a big deal.

And so the answer to my question is "no, I'll still keep repeating 56% as it suits the agenda" ?

Calling him an old dwarf is clearly pejorative to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

It has to be remembered too that despite all the talk of groundswells and mobilisation and revolution etc etc the election recorded the lowest turnout ever for a presidential election.

Casey gained the most in that election Francie.

Shinners lost the most
    MDH was always going to be re-elected, all the major parties, media backing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Shinners lost the most
    MDH was always going to be re-elected, all the major parties, media backing him.

In addition to being the best candidate by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The best candidate to play bilbo bagggins!

Shinners lost the most

Here is the first poll of the campaign
    Higgins 67%
    Gallagher 15%
    UnNamed SF candidate 7%
    Duffy 6%
    Freeman 3%
    Casey 1%

The final count was as follows

Higgins 55.8%
    Casey 23.5%
    Gallagher 6.4%
    Ni Riada 6.3%
    Freeman 5.6%
    Duffy 2.1%

I will let you work out who lost most there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

The Greens are at the same ****é.
    From one side of their mouth saying the Councils somehow failed by nominating the likes of Casey, while the other side says they need more powers devolved from central government.
    Democracy when it suits

Your post does not address my point, I have no issues with Councils nominating candidates, my point is that to be a candidate you should have to have been tax resident in this state for at least two years before seeking election, thus stopping cheap forigen imports from stirring shíte for the craic.

I can do maths (I think)

Over 74% of those eligible to vote DID NOT vote for MDH.

mickdw wrote: »
    Casey wants equality.
    EXCEPT in taxation, he wants the voters to pay their fair share of taxes to the state while he continues to refuse to do so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Doing the maths - so every other candidates' share of votes went down while Casey's shot up.

• Advertisement

A "fact" the electors who voted disagree with on, since he was emphatically beaten by MD who even on the lowest turnout in a Presidential election managed to garner the highest ever number of votes in a Presidential Election.

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Doing the maths - so every other candidates' share of votes went down while Casey's shot up.
    No
    Michael D actually increased his share of the vote over what he received in 2011

I can do maths (I think)

Over 74% of those eligible to vote DID NOT vote for MDH.
    Almost 90% of those eligible to vote DID NOT vote for the Casey!

Mrsmum wrote: »

:D

Ah stats, gotta love em!

DChancer wrote: »
    Almost 90% of those eligible to vote DID NOT vote for the Casey!

He’s not the president! Doesn’t look very good that 74% of the electorate didn’t vote for our poetic leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Has the Irish fascist party led by Furher Casey begun its coup yet?

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Has the Irish fascist party led by Furher Casey begun its coup yet?

Not yet but we are hopeful for liberation from the ff fg axis of scum shortly !

Here is a perfect example of why I so vociferously object to Casey's style of doing politics.

Here is a UKIP MEP doing exactly what Casey did, he takes the truth and he twists it to unleash hate speech/toxic comment that is primarily useless to any democratic worthwhile outcomes.

https://twitter.com/DavidCoburnUKip/status/1059737048251359232

We should resist this type of politics at all costs.

Here is a perfect example of why I so vociferously object to Casey's style of doing politics.

Here is a UKIP MP doing exactly what Casey did, he takes the truth and he twists it to unleash hate speech/toxic comment that is primarily useless to any democratic worthwhile outcomes.

That is entirely different, stop talking crap. Casey wasn’t trying to be inflammatory, he was asked a question and replied with the answer that hundreds of thousands of us would have! I don’t understand the furore, the entire media and political system here is on the left, what’s the problem with another voice, a moderate one in my opinion. Does it scare you or cause offence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Here is a UKIP MEP doing exactly what Casey did, he takes the truth and he twists it to unleash hate speech/toxic comment that is primarily useless to any democratic worthwhile outcomes.

There's a considerable difference between what's being said by that individual and what Casey said.
    Ukip are a bunch of xenophobic loonies for starters, anti Irish sentiment is still rife amongst certain demographics in England and this guy is playing to it.

Glazers Out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement