Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Danzy wrote: »
    Massive influx of travellers home at Christmas time.

The huge houses are travellers homes.

Live about 25 miles away, it's a war zone Christmas week.

That is why armed guards will be on the street.

How do the pubs manage if this is going on.
    Where do they reside for the rest of the year

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

goat2 wrote: »
    How do the pubs manage if this is going on.
    Where do they reside for the rest of the year

On other people's properties

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

One of Casey's policies might be coming to fruition, as the broadband controversy could be solved by 4G coverage.
    Govt now having to rethink their solution after recent controversy and as Casey said, good 4G coverage is the cheap acceptable solution, no need to spend billions on fibre.

https://m.independent.ie/business/technology/4g-network-to-patch-gaps-in-broadband-37517379.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yes, it is, but there is also plenty of room for 'difference'. The GFA is another example of an agreed measure to accommodate all identities that see themselves as 'different'.

We tried to forcibly assimilate this community in the past and SEMS was a measure to counterbalance/make up for that mistake.

It's a shame the assimilation didn't work. I see precious little of their lifestyle worth preserving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/news/rural-crime/cab-targets-your-local-crime-gang-new-targets-in-regions-hit-by-farm-thefts-37515255.html

At long last the CAB is taking action.

CAB said they had a nationwide campaign encouraging people to report neighbours with unexplained wealth.

This campaign passed me by, did anyone else notice it.

I see one of the areas targetted in a big way is Wexford, wonder what is the reason for that.

The full article was in the Independent yesterday, it was very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,606 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I hope over the treatment of Casey ... but I fear it would be from the Pat Kenny types in the country, safe in their gated mansion and screaming "racist" from their ivory tower as they don't have to EVER deal with this ______ of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Myself and the neighbours had our bins robbed over the weekend along with some kids bikes. Really odd for us considering nothing like this has happened in the 8 years we’re here. Had to laugh when i was then told seperatly that a load of caravans hitched up behind a local junior school up the road 2 nights before.

A coincidence i am sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Sorry to hear about that experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/garda-and-psni-join-forces-to-crack-gang-of-burglars-37517402.html

Cross border police effort to disrupt traveller burglar gangs. It is now a beyond refutable fact that travellers are disproportionately involved in breaking the law and the traveller culture, lifestyle or whatever it is should be suppressed, broken down and dissipated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,368 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Danzy wrote: »
    Rathkeale to be the most heavily policed village in the world this Christmas.

Pretend there isn't a cultural and values problem in this group, pretend they are an ethnicity whatever it takes to ignore it as you have Champagne flute refilled and talk about that nasty Casey man and the nasty calloused hands that gave him so many 1s.

Maybe Ryan Turbidy can take in some in seems like he was so appalled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is the whole incident in Drogheda last week traveller related?
    The weapons and attack methods seem to suggest yes? Anyone know?

Five held over alleged kidnapping in Drogheda
    http://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2018/1112/1010377-drogheda-louth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Is the whole incident in Drogheda last week traveller related?
    The weapons and attack methods seem to suggest yes? Anyone know?

Five held over alleged kidnapping in Drogheda
    http://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2018/1112/1010377-drogheda-louth

Yes it is. Haven’t seen it reported as such though but in fairness the independent have stated traveller gangs in the cross border article.

Are things changing since Casey vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It was discussed on the 9 1 news tonight, the word traveller wasn't mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I'm pretty certain one of the brief clips shown was a garda car or van outside a halting site on the Cement Road. It's opposite Aldi.

ffs - why don't they disclose all the facts related to it.
    Shielding it only add to the frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Because it’s one rule for them and another for us.

The bigger the scumbag u are in this country, the more u get away with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

This is the same location where they seized almost €270,000 of cash and €5,000 worth of cocaine in August.

Travellers are so disadvantaged... Travellers aren't supplied with traveller specific accommodation... Maybe, just maybe, that money could've been used to buy themselves some land and build their own fucking houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

I assume there's a politically correct element in the media that believes that reporting openly on Traveller criminality would only fuel "racism."

This is the kind of contortion that happens when your "victims of ethnic discrimination" also happen to be heavily involved in organized crime. It's classic cognitive dissonance.

Travellers 'assumed by police to be criminals rather than victims' bleated the Guardian in June. Maybe that's because the police don't have the luxury of living in a progressive bubble, and actually have to confront the reality on the ground?

• Advertisement

Man says he 'regrets' fist fight outside Galway Garda HQ

Two men have appeared before Galway District Court in connection with a fist fight recorded outside the new Garda headquarters in Galway, which has become a viral hit on YouTube.
    John Maughan (26), with an address at Renville Park, Oranmore, and Patrick Maughan (35), with an address at Laurel Park, Newcastle, Co Galway were arrested last Friday morning, November 9, at their homes.

Both men were taken to Galway garda station where they were charged with breaching the peace by engaging in threatening, abusive and insulting words or behaviour at Dublin Road, Renmore, Co Galway, on November 2.

Both men were released on bail to appear before Galway District Court today.

Gda Pat Casey gave evidence to the court of arresting father-of-five Patrick Maughan and later charging him with the public order offence.

He said when the charge was put to him, Patrick Maughan replied: "I'm embarrassed by the whole situation. If I could turn back time, I would. I regret it, I'm sorry."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-says-he-regrets-fist-fight-outside-galway-garda-hq-37522678.html

Travellers refused to engage in Rathkeale crime review
    Respondents said Limerick town treated like ‘Magaluf’ by visiting Travellers at Christmas

In 2017, 95 per cent of the west Limerick Garda budget over Christmas was spent in the town.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/travellers-refused-to-engage-in-rathkeale-crime-review-1.3695595

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Travellers refused to engage in Rathkeale crime review
    Respondents said Limerick town treated like ‘Magaluf’ by visiting Travellers at Christmas

In 2017, 95 per cent of the west Limerick Garda budget over Christmas was spent in the town.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/travellers-refused-to-engage-in-rathkeale-crime-review-1.3695595

What exactly possessed Enda to give them that bloody special status nonsense ???!!

God knows really

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

No one in the media will call them Traveller Gangs. All reports today on the CAB and Drogheda raids mention Crime Gangs.

The CAB found agricultural equipment, power tools, cars, money, drugs. I despair of this anonymity. Everyone knows but no one speaks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No one in the media will call them Traveller Gangs. All reports today on the CAB and Drogheda raids mention Crime Gangs.

The CAB found agricultural equipment, power tools, cars, money, drugs. I despair of this anonymity. Everyone knows but no one speaks out.

Only said that to the missus last night. The whole commentary on 6.1 from the reporter on site to the Gda rep failed to mention the 'T' word. The actual omission made it all the more obvious.

It must be the new directive from Govt, RTE, Pavee Point etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Not everybody is afraid to speak out.
    Peter Casey did and hopefully he has shamed the authorities into action.
    The younger travellers think they can do what they like, past time someone stood up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ESB assets being ripped off from the National grid. Mmmm, I wonder who it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Edward M wrote: »
    One of Casey's policies might be coming to fruition, as the broadband controversy could be solved by 4G coverage.
    Govt now having to rethink their solution after recent controversy and as Casey said, good 4G coverage is the cheap acceptable solution, no need to spend billions on fibre.

https://m.independent.ie/business/technology/4g-network-to-patch-gaps-in-broadband-37517379.html

4g is not a replacement for fibre.

• Advertisement

The journal are not reporting this Drogheda story?

I find the journal great craic. Their journos are flaky excessive liberal types but the readers in comments then are the polar opposite.
    It always makes me smile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement