Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Omackeral wrote: »

Describing the Drogheda feud as ''two rival groups'' and nothing else. Scope for innocents to be caught up

Scum.

Their heads will be "all swelled and innocent" if they don't stop shyting in the bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Things picking up
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/cars-and-cash-seized-in-series-of-raids-by-cab-37524377.html

"Staff from the Electricity Supply Board provided assistance and made safe unauthorised electricity connections"

*In before "howdoyouknowitstravellers"?

Well said, time these spongs were called out by those who pay.

Pissed off being bled white by these gloamers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

and why would they do that when they are an ethnic minority?

Scientific tests show that Travellers are of Irish ancestry and have no relationship to the Roma gypsies, as was once assumed. The only genetic difference between Travellers and settled people comes from something called genetic drift, due to repeated consanguineous marriage since around the time of the Famine.

You don't become an ethnic minority by repeatedly marrying your cousins. Travellers are as Irish as everyone else. This "ethnic minority" designation is a sham, and Casey was absolutely right to call it nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

If the inhabitants of a small village marry cousins and ride the holes off each other for say a few hundred years...does that make them an ethnic minority?
    Leave Kilbeggan out of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Things picking up
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/cars-and-cash-seized-in-series-of-raids-by-cab-37524377.html

"Staff from the Electricity Supply Board provided assistance and made safe unauthorised electricity connections"

*In before "howdoyouknowitstravellers"?

Pavee Point will no doubt find a way to call the ESB racist for coming in to fix the issue while also blame them for the Carrickmines fire where they did not fix the 'unauthorised electricity connections'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I hope over the treatment of Casey ... but I fear it would be from the Pat Kenny types in the country, safe in their gated mansion and screaming "racist" from their ivory tower as they don't have to EVER deal with this ______ of society.

When RTE was questioned on what the complaints were about, they would not reveal,
    I believe it was the treatment of P Casey, it was like an ambush

• Registered Users Posts: 8 score2020

sad to see so much racism from casey voters
    really shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

score2020 wrote: »
    really shocking

What racism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

really shocking

Really?

Against which race? The Australians? Chinese? Indians? Polish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

It's not about DNA. It's pertaining to culture and tradition in their case.

Im seriously struggling here
    What is traveller culture and tradition?

Other than:
      Domestic violence Interfamily fueds Insurance fraud Criminality Unemployment Disability Animal cruelty Intimidation Having visible assets but no visible means Environmental pollution Planning violations Trespassing Higher suicide rates Poor literacy Poor nutrition Poor health Shorter life expectancy Higher reproduction rates Inbreeding

At worst, ethnic minority immigrants usually bring some new ethnic foods.
    Traveller society offers absolutely nothing to those paying for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,147 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

really shocking

Bet you're mad you joined Boards and posted 4 times.
    Odd the number of people who joined or re-joined to post in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Their heads will be "all swelled and innocent" if they don't stop shyting in the bucket.

''The innocence never left your head...''

really shocking

*clears throat*
    You don't become an ethnic minority by repeatedly marrying your cousins. Travellers are as Irish as everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

really shocking

It can’t racism, we are all the same race. Or is travellers now a race???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If the inhabitants of a small village marry cousins and ride the holes off each other for say a few hundred years...does that make them an ethnic minority?

If people want to were straw cowboy hats with their county colours tied around them, who are we to judge?
    A culture we could do well without. Mangy piebald ponies and bareknuckle boxing.

It's unlikely there'll be a Final Solution. So you can keep working on your ulcer or engage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

fin12 wrote: »
    It can’t racism, we are all the same race. Or is travellers now a race???

It can racism.
    Treating any group different because of who they are, race, ethnicity, religion, is racism.
    You should always kick a politician up the hole anytime you see one, but the liberal elites, the PC crowd and the media would go after you.

*I Haz Cheezburger*

If people want to were straw cowboy hats with their county colours tied around them, who are we to judge?

If chaps want to beat the shïte out of their wife, rob some pood auld farmer, and spend their days beating each other up whili i pay for it, who am i to judge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Traveller society offers absolutely nothing to those paying for it.

Well, they did give us Big Joe Joyce. The entertainment value has to be worth something!

That is the greatest thing I've ever seen. Ya junkies junkies b*stard ye.

• Advertisement

It can racism.
    Treating any group different because of who they are, race, ethnicity, religion, is racism.
    You should always kick a politician up the hole anytime you see one, but the liberal elites, the PC crowd and the media would go after you.

*I Haz Cheezburger*

No if u treated someone different based on their religion, it would be called religious discrimination not racism.

RACISM AGAIN THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE IE TRAVELLERS

*turns volume down....
    You forgot to include the UK travellers
    But, the people who are criticizing them are also mostly indigenous peoples.
    So it can't be racist, if it's against people that are the same race as yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We dodged a bullet not having Casey as President. What a vulgar troublemaker he is. Just wants attention. I feel a wee bit of pity for him tbh.

We dodged a bullet not having Casey as President. What a vulgar troublemaker he is. Just wants attention. I feel a wee bit of pity for him tbh.

Dhera, he'd be a shïte president.
    He'll make a fantastic Minister for Justice, or Rural Affairs

ok i will concede that point
    i hadn't looked at it like that before
    BUT THE REST IS RACISM

Are you actually shouting?

No he wouldn't. He is just a troublemaking, vulgar man with a little want in his ego. TBH.

No he wouldn't. He is just a troublemaking, vulgar man with a little want in his ego. TBH.

And you supported the bread man?????
    Flip flop Francie.

The presidency would be wasted on him.Taoiseach will suit him much better.

And you supported the bread man?????
    Flip flop Francie.

I think I said he made a fool of himself making silly jokes actually. And that he should have thought a bit before posting the Kingsmill bread one, because if he had he would have seen the significance of it.

But you carry on misrepresenting what I said Tayto, if it helps you.

• Advertisement

I think I said he made a fool of himself making silly jokes actually. And that he should have thought a bit before posting the Kingsmill bread one, because if he had he would have seen the significance of it.

But you carry on misrepresenting what I said Tayto, if it helps you.

I'm actually amazed that you could see that one was just making a fool of himself and that the others genuine comment was to deliberately provoke.
    And all from your armchair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement