Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm actually amazed that you could see that one was just making a fool of himself and that the others genuine comment was to deliberately provoke.
    And all from your armchair.

The cartoon Casey gleefully posted to twitter, tells me all that I suspected when he incited hate was absolutely on point.
    The badly timed silly joke was taken down immediately by McElduff and he apologised for it and eventually fell on his sword for his mistake.

He has oodles more integrity than your hero.

We dodged a bullet not having Casey as President. What a vulgar troublemaker he is. Just wants attention. I feel a wee bit of pity for him tbh.

Like you feel a wee bit of pity for the victims of marauding, feral travelling gangs, who terrorise, brutalise and generally treat the Settled community as fair game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,147 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The cartoon Casey gleefully posted to twitter, tells me all that I suspected when he incited hate was absolutely on point.
    The badly timed silly joke was taken down immediately by McElduff and he apologised for it and eventually fell on his sword for his mistake.

He has oodles more integrity than your hero.

He's not a hero at all. He's not even a politician in my book.
    He did state the truth though with regard to the entitlement culture, the middle income workers paying for everything and the travellers being as Irish as me or you.
    The people, particularly those who live in the same areas of high density travellers, spoke the rest. They agreed with him which was the proof of the pudding. His vote shocked a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

It can racism.
    Treating any group different because of who they are, race, ethnicity, religion, is racism.
    You should always kick a politician up the hole anytime you see one, but the liberal elites, the PC crowd and the media would go after you.

*I Haz Cheezburger*

So awarding them SEMS is racist by that definition.

Like you feel a wee bit of pity for the victims of marauding, feral travelling gangs, who terrorise, brutalise and generally treat the Settled community as fair game?

I feel pity for the victims of all crime. What has that got to do with anything?

• Advertisement

He's not a hero at all. He's not even a politician in my book.
    He did state the truth though with regard to the entitlement culture, the middle income workers paying for everything and the travellers being as Irish as me or you.
    The people, particularly those who live in the same areas of high density travellers, spoke the rest. They agreed with him which was the proof of the pudding. His vote shocked a lot of people.

And again you select only the things he said that suits your narrative.

We all know he said more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And again you select only the things he said that suits your narrative.

We all know he said more.

Yep, he said "Everyone should be treated equally and the State should not discriminate against anybody.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yep, he said "Everyone should be treated equally and the State should not discriminate against anybody.''

That’s all we want, equality for everyone.

Odelay wrote: »
    That’s all we want, equality for everyone.

That's racist

...and? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The agenda is clear to see, have you the airbrush out?

• Advertisement

I feel pity for the victims of all crime. What has that got to do with anything?

It’s got to do with your support for the perpetrators. Yes, it’s not all carried out by members of the travelling community, but a lot of it is.

It’s got to do with your support for the perpetrators. Yes, it’s not all carried out by members of the travelling community, but a lot of it is.

I don't support the perpetrators. Get a grip and stop with the lies and misrepresentation.

I don't support the perpetrators. Get a grip and stop with the lies and misrepresentation.

Great to hear. Thanks and good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

We dodged a bullet not having Casey as President. What a vulgar troublemaker he is. Just wants attention. I feel a wee bit of pity for him tbh.

indeed we did thankfully. and absolutely agreed on him being an attention seeker.
    Dhera, he'd be a shïte president.
    He'll make a fantastic Minister for Justice, or Rural Affairs

until it comes to him actually coming up with workable solutions and implementing them properly, upon which i have a feeling he will not be such a good minister after all.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Mr Casey tweeted this today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

until it comes to him actually coming up with workable solutions and implementing them properly, upon which i have a feeling he will not be such a good minister after all.

He'll have a bunch of advisers.
    And a Dept

Theres aleady a reaction from FG, i reckon the top cops were hauled in for a discreet chat, "a need to be seen to be strong on traveller crime without saying it. Optics and all that."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

For anyone who says not all travellers are responsible for the ones who commit crime, they are. On halting sites (you're welcome for the free land BTW travellers), they all live together, they all know each other, they all know what the other is up to, they all cover for each other and they all terrorise any outsiders. If I knew my neighbour was terrorising and robbing people, I would provide whatever information I had to the gardai.
    Incidentally, my neighbour is in her 80s and was robbed twice by travellers and has never moved back into her own home because she's too afraid so she now rents a flat in town so, it's probably unlikely that she'd be beating up people and robbing them.
    I just want to know what about traveller culture should be preserved because it's so valuable to society. I have asked, as have others, what their culture adds to society and why it's so important but, strangely, that hasn't been answered.

erica74 wrote: »
    For anyone who says not all travellers are responsible for the ones who commit crime, they are. On halting sites (you're welcome for the free land BTW travellers), they all live together, they all know each other, they all know what the other is up to, they all cover for each other and they all terrorise any outsiders. If I knew my neighbour was terrorising and robbing people, I would provide whatever information I had to the gardai.
    Incidentally, my neighbour is in her 80s and was robbed twice by travellers and has never moved back into her own home because she's too afraid so she now rents a flat in town so, it's probably unlikely that she'd be beating up people and robbing them.
    I just want to know what about traveller culture should be preserved because it's so valuable to society. I have asked, as have others, what their culture adds to society and why it's so important but, strangely, that hasn't been answered.

Blah blah blah their rights.
    Blah blah blah entitled to inclusion.
    Blah blah blah you're a racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Edward M wrote: »

I"m surprised the editor allowed 'halting site', in the above piece. Slipping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Martin Collins and Pavee Point very quiet all of a sudden on this issue yet they were straight outta the blocks when Casey highlighted this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

This isn't Trouble, this is Culture, the people involved in this are doing it with a view to build empires and create wealth for their families

...and? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The agenda is clear to see, have you the airbrush out?

Well you're doing the usual gick of claiming hate speech and incitement without a shred of credible evidence and I'm providing and actual quote by the man.

Well you're doing the usual gick of claiming hate speech and incitement without a shred of credible evidence and I'm providing and actual quote by the man.

You and your friends are simply trying to airbrush what he actually said. Plain for anyone reading the selective quoting.

It's like claiming the Gardai reaction to a feud, (going on since before Casey spoke) is prompted by Casey, or that other measures have been. As seen they have been ongoing.

Very selective.

Now Casey shows with his cartoon that as well as not understanding the country, he is only interested in fun an lols of what he can offer. Disgusting politics really and toxic.
    Hopefully he will fade away.

You and your friends are simply trying to airbrush what he actually said. Plain for anyone reading the selective quoting.

It's like claiming the Gardai reaction to a feud, (going on since before Casey spoke) is prompted by Casey, or that other measures have been. As seen they have been ongoing.

Very selective.

Now Casey shows with his cartoon that as well as not understanding the country, he is only interested in fun an lols of what he can offer. Disgusting politics really and toxic.
    Hopefully he will fade away.

Actually Casey has become irrelevant, in the context that the actual conversation has passed him out now.
    He started a debate that is being taken heed of.
    As to the feud, we all know fn right well that all this has been going on since long before Casey.
    We all know well that these type of family feuds have been going on for generations, traveller crime and antisocial behaviour are nothing new, they haven't suddenly appeared as a reaction to anything Casey said or done.
    They are ingrained in a section of the community some decided were special, without actually asking most of us what we thought about it.

Actually Casey has become irrelevant, in the context that the actual conversation has passed him out now.
    He started a debate that is being taken heed of.
    As to the feud, we all know fn right well that all this has been going on since long before Casey.
    We all know well that these type of family feuds have been going on for generations, traveller crime and antisocial behaviour are nothing new, they haven't suddenly appeared as a reaction to anything Casey said or done.
    They are ingrained in a section of the community some decided were special, without actually asking most of us what we thought about it.

Yes they are. And when they spill over to affect the settled community they are dealt with. I was at a blessing of the graves when one was dealt with by gardai and riot squad 5 or 6 years ago.

Quite clear from the article that gardai reaction to dealing with these outbreaks has NOT been affected by SEMS which is a year old.

So more sensationalist comment from you there Edward.

Yes they are. And when they spill over to affect the settled community they are dealt with. I was at a blessing of the graves when one was dealt with by gardai and riot squad 5 or 6 years ago.

Quite clear from the article that gardai reaction to dealing with these outbreaks has NOT been affected by SEMS which is a year old.

So more sensationalist comment from you there Edward.

Quit with the holier than thou spouts there. :)
    SEMS will not change anything as regards to how travellers live. They are a law unto themselves and have had their lifestyle and attitudes bolstered by a false doctrine, a near pedestal put under them.

Very selective.

Selective?!!?!! Are you for real?! All your 10% of the 23% of the 46% of the square root of pi and dont forget to carry the one numbers crunching was about as selective as you could get. My god that's the pot calling the kettle black if ever I saw it!

Selective?!!?!! Are you for real?! All your 10% of the 23% of the 46% of the square root of pi and dont forget to carry the one numbers crunching was about as selective as you could get. My god that's the pot calling the kettle black if ever I saw it!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

+1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement