Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

"TRAVLERS WANT TO BE MADE AN ETHNIC GROUP OF SETTLED PEOPLE THROUGH LAW"

This confuses me also. What are they asking for? I thought they were an ethnic minority because they are a nomadic culture or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Can someone clarify this?

"A PROTEST MARCH AGAINST Mr PETER CASEY AND ALSO WE WANT TO GET IT THROUGH TO WHOEVER THAT IT MAY CONCERN THAT TRAVLERS WANT TO BE MADE AN ETHNIC GROUP OF SETTLED PEOPLE THROUGH LAW"

They are marching against a guy who isn't the President and who lives in America so will presumably hear very little, and care even less, about this. For what reason? Its hardly because he express what turned out to be a very popular opinion a few months ago.

And the other point is that they want to be made an ethnic group, which they already are. Or do they want to be settled people legally? Am I right or missing something?

I was wondering the same - read it several times but can't figure it out. Even read it in a "howya boss" accent but it still doesn't make sense.
    I'm getting the feeling they're just off up to Dublin on the rob for a day, and this is cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

I'm sure they're unhappy that Peter Casey got 23 percent of the vote nationwide, and even more in constituencies that have greater populations of Travellers. If he'd got 1 percent of the vote, they wouldn't be taking to the streets.

Interesting too that they now want their so-called "ethnic minority" status enshrined in legislation -- probably with provisions that anyone who criticizes them can be prosecuted for "racism."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Interesting too that they now want their so-called "ethnic minority" status enshrined in legislation -- probably with provisions that anyone who criticizes them can be prosecuted for "racism."

Is that what that part is about then? They want it in legislation, jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The shops on the route may lock up!

I am assuming this is a wind up?

With the bad spelling, all caps and awful grammar?

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »

Grammar is racist.

lottery-winner-money.jpg?quality=10

I'm assuming that's what the "THROUGH LAW" part refers to! Plus, the references being able to arrest white people for racist slurs against blacks. It seems that they want similar legislation for themselves.
    naughtb4 wrote: »

The spelling and grammar is actually better than I've seen from many other Travellers online. Many Travellers have very little formal education, so spelling or grammar is not their strong suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

The start of this March should be interesting, as they all try to drive to within a foot of the start of it, and abandon their cars/jeeps , there might be a bit of bateing done.

The start of this March should be interesting, as they all try to drive to within a foot of the start of it, and abandon their cars/jeeps , there might be a bit of bateing done.

It'll be the biggest assemblage of UK-registered Toyota Avensis' in history.

• Advertisement

Solidarity might be a bit lacking at this protest, since the only groups Travellers seem to dislike more than settled people are rival Traveller families.

The whole thing could disintegrate into a Judean People's Front type farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Solidarity might be a bit lacking at this protest, since the only groups Travellers seem to dislike more than settled people are rival Traveller families.

I'd put money on it showing them up for what they're all about.

FOIGHTIN'

But with slash hooks and golf clubs.

Gravelly wrote: »
    But with slash hooks and golf clubs.

Stolen slash hooks and stolen golf clubs

Now that I think of it, you know how people made small fortunes setting up stalls selling umbrellas and folding chairs during the popes visit, if any of you know a good supplier of cheap slash hooks, there could be a good business opportunity in this.

Stolen slash hooks and stolen golf clubs

If you go into my local farm store, you have to ask for the slash hooks as they can't keep them on display - they got cleaned out any time there was a wedding or funeral.

Now that I think of it, you know how people made small fortunes setting up stalls selling umbrellas and folding chairs during the popes visit, if any of you know a good supplier of cheap slash hooks, there could be a good business opportunity in this.

You'd be robbed blind. Business in ruins.

Great business idea. :pac:

Might get some Big Joe Joyce t-shirts printed up for the day.

"I AM THE REAL BOSS"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It would be terrible if their homes were broken into while they are at the protest.

You'd be robbed blind. Business in ruins.

True, you'd want some fairly robust security alright. You could operate through a hatch like the all-night petrol stations.

• Advertisement

It would be terrible if their homes were broken into while they are at the protest.

Now there's an idea......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Christmas holidays are beginning with a protest march.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2239674716289515&set=p.2239674716289515&type=3&theater

“PROTEST MARCH FOR TRAVLERS OF IRELAND IN DUBLIN ON THE 2nd DECEMBER 2018

Are they not jammy enough already? And also, is there a version of that paragraph that actually makes sense?
    It'll be the biggest assemblage of UK-registered brand new Toyota Avensis' in history.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Would "WE WOULD GET ARRESTED FOR" calling "A MEMBER FROM THE BLACK COMMUNITY A NAME OR CALLED SOMEONE A PAKI OR ANYTHING ELSE"?

JMNolan wrote: »
    Would "WE WOULD GET ARRESTED FOR" calling "A MEMBER FROM THE BLACK COMMUNITY A NAME OR CALLED SOMEONE A PAKI OR ANYTHING ELSE"?

I laughed so hard at that line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Careful now, we'll get lynched in the press if we use the N word. Stick the P word in there instead.

Careful now, we'll get lynched in the press if we use the N word. Stick the P word in there instead.

Or more likely the 6 letter n-word was beyond their spelling ability, while the 4 letter p-word just about wasn't.

Of course they won't. They seem to NEVER get arrested no matter what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

According to the Pakistani community the term used here to describe them P**i has the same racial connotations as the N word to a person of African descent or indeed calling a member of the travelling community a K***k*r

Which I don't think they like. So how does one deal with an ethnic minority making a racial slur on a different minority here in Ireland? Better call Jennifer Zampadildo, she will know what to Tweet

According to the Pakistani community the term used here to describe them P**i has the same racial connotations as the N word to a person of African descent or indeed calling a member of the travelling community a K***k*r

Which I don't think they like. So how does one deal with an ethnic minority making a racial slur on a different minority here in Ireland? Better call Jennifer Zampadildo, she will know what to Tweet

Reminds me of the time those three Afghan lads were beaten up and the press went batshïte crazy about how Ireland was full of neo nazi white supremecists until it was discovered that the attackers were travellers, and then the whole thing was quickly forgotten. They even cancelled the anti racism march if memory serves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Reminds me of the time those three Afghan lads were beaten up and the press went batshïte crazy about how Ireland was full of neo nazi white supremecists until it was discovered that the attackers were travellers, and then the whole thing was quickly forgotten. They even cancelled the anti racism march if memory serves!

Probably scared that those in the march would get their heads kicked in, or their cars stolen or more likely return home to find their houses ransacked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement